Who need a zoo expansion when you have tmt workshop animals

It's amazing how many animals we are getting on workshop with all creator with TMT now. Every time on going to workshop their animal pop up or on YouTube a new zoo park like Uzuri Gardens from Geekism and Masked Bandit another good one is Planet Safari Park from Sdanwolf. Would like to see expansion with zoo animals, yes, but this is the next best thing and at least I don't need to worry about feeding them[big grin]

I think Frontier might finally understand why we've been asking for more animals or even an expansion like Planet Safari for so long. The many safari parks that are currently being created are more than enough proof.

Frontier could now jump on the bandwagon and surprise us with a matching DLC, in which e.g. a safari tour (like the one in S-Dan-Wolfe's Video would be implied as a track ride.
[video=youtube;qN2p5w-Mw2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN2p5w-Mw2w[/video])

I agreed with Bullethead, we need more barnyard animals and more baby animals, but baby elephants and baby giraffes are already available.

I'd rather have them build a seperate game.

This would become such a big expansion (animals, buildings, etc) that it's better to build a seperate game.

And the TMT items, they are great, but they are still static items.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

This would become such a big expansion (animals, buildings, etc) that it's better to build a seperate game.

I'm hoping for a Zoo Tycoon type of game made by Frontier [squeeeeee]

The animals that are currently being created with the TMT look amazing, especially when animated, but they are indeed static.
I personally cannot wait to get my hands on managing my own zoo in a new game. [big grin]

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I'd love to have this new DLC too, I hope Frontier thinks about it, and about the animal show ( tigers - lion - dolphins ect ..) as had on roller coaster tycoon 3 ! just like the water park, but I know it was not possible unfortunately, it would have been the best expansion for me, now it's up to Frontier to answer for the Zoo ! :) [happy]

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator

I agree. AND we would get more with a new game than a dlc in PC.

Same for the water park in this case, it would be possible

The issues with a safari park is that the animals would either have to be animatronics, or they would have to program a complex AI system for the animals, and their interactions with the ride vehicles, which would be too much hassle for what it's worth. I can see them going for an animatronic approach though.

As for what I think should be in the pack, I'd say to take a look at the Africa and Aisa areas in Disney's Animal Kingdom. Included rides would be: Kilimanjaro Safaris (A Safari Tour), Expedition Everest (Mine Train with Reversing capability), and it would include a Jeep-based track ride, which would be based on the one used in the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, or Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. As for flat rides.... Animal Kingdom doesn't have that many, does it? I guess the lack of them would be made up with the massive number of animatronic animals.

I agree. AND we would get more with a new game than a dlc in PC.

If we take Jurassic World as an example, its pretty obvious why a stand alone game is not necessarily the better option. Theres already many zoo games out there. If they go through the trouble of making modular safaris, why not have them compatible with all the Workshop items people have already put into PlanCo? A game like JWE is a step backwards compared to a game like RCT3 Soaked + Wild!

Imagine how amazing JWE would have been as an expansion to PC instead of a quickly passing game that was only fun for about a week, imagine how much more we could do if they created a full expansion (similar to RCT3 wild) instead of a silly little DLC. It would be nice to see a larger DLC or full expansion that truely expands the game in many key areas that it lacks (such as management, scenarios, and more variety of ride types)

If they do release a stand-alone zoo game, many people will be disappointed if its not compatible with the current TMT or Workshop items, especially if the game runs on a similar or better engine. If they released a safari game with track rides and modular scenery, it would cause a lot of people to be upset that they cant transfer blueprints from one game to the other. Even RCT3 could import blueprints from RCT1/2

Its been very sad for many of the original RCT3 fans to see frontier go with small DLCs over full expansions, unfortunately most of those fans are gone now :( with all the money Frontier has made from PlanCo i have extremely high expectations for the future of this franchise, as at some point a better game/tech will come along so we should expect/deserve a truely advanced sequel IMO, and if the future of this franchise does not include full expansions or backward compatibility with sequels then I see no reason to further support this game

Last edited:
who said anything about being free? look at your previous post, you said "we would get more with a new game than a dlc" ... were talking about an expansion vs a stand-alone game, not free updates

Hummmmm...

Didn't Frontier work on the Zoo Tycoon series ? ;-)

For Xbox. They also filed for Planet Safari a few years ago,

UjmkacV.png

That could have morphed into Jurassic Park: Evo after they secured licensing rights...or it could be one of the two unannounced games they are currently working on.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
For Xbox. They also filed for Planet Safari a few years ago,

http://i.imgur.com/UjmkacV.png

That could have morphed into Jurassic Park: Evo after they secured licensing rights...or it could be one of the two unannounced games they are currently working on.

Frontier has registered a lot of "Planet xxx" titles, probably just in case they want to use one, or want to prevent other companies from using those names.

Top Bottom