Are Chief Beef and Cosmic Cow themed or generic?

Something I've been wondering, are the Chief Beef and cosmic cow the only two 'brands' for those types shops we get, or are they just two specific themed versions and there will be more? Neither of them really seem to have a generic theme, so for things like Pirate section of a park they seem a bit out of place.

Last edited:
Something I've been wondering, are the Chief Beef and cosmic cow the only two 'brands' for those types shops we get, or are they just two specific themed versions and there will be more? Neither of them really seem to have a generic theme, so for things like Pirate section of a park they seem a bit out of place.
It's what they call "premium brand", and yes, there will be more.

For now, we have 3 "premium brand" : Gulpee (Soda), Chief Beef (Hamburgers), Cosmic Cow (Milkshake)

There is a contest (end date was today by the way) in the "Coaster Head Club" allowing us to "Design the next Planet Coaster mascot" for a chain of café/chocolate [yesnod][up]

Last edited:
It's what they call "premium brand", and yes, there will be more.

For now, we have 3 "premium brand" : Gulpee (Soda), Chief Beef (Hamburgers), Cosmic Cow (Milkshake)

There is a contest (end date was today by the way) in the "Coaster Head Club" allowing us to "Design the next Planet Coaster mascot" for a chain of café/chocolate [yesnod][up]

But will there be other brands for those same things? So another Hamburger and Milkshake shop for example, as the current two seem like they're intended to fit in with a certain theme.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Wonder if there will be more.. pizza? fries?

Thinking about makes me wonder how it will work in the first place. When we have a milkshake stall, can we decide prizes? Milkshake flavour? ... Or maybe create an whole (imaginary) menu just as in RCT3?

Do we know anything about this yet?

Don't forget that we'll have the option of hiring them, they won't come with the park like it is now. We'll also likely be able to assign them to specific locations like previous games so we can keep them out of areas we don't want them in.

But that's a good question on if we'll be getting food/drink mascots that are related to the different themes since right now they're just generic. What could they be? A pirate chicken for a chicken burger stall? Pumpkin head for pumpkin pie? I liked him in RCT3.

Seems like we'd be getting a lot of mascots/entertainers if they're actually going this route. It would be cool if mascots didn't perform like entertainers but wondered about making guests they pass a little hungrier or thirstier.

Last edited:
Aw, it's a shame I didn't get to enter. [sad] I just came up with a cool idea just now. It's a Mexican style coffee shop/café called Chupacortado, where the mascot is a friendly anthropomorphic chupacabra wearing ovenmits and an apron.

Oh well.

Bound to be tons more and then once its live, maybe even user created ones using real brand names like in Cities Skylines, that would be pretty cool if it happened!

Right now what we're desperately missing is a hotdog vendor, what theme park is complete without a 20 foot long plastic sausage somewhere? [tongue]

I love the mascots but I find it a little weird that it seems like a lot of them are going to be based on food and drink vendors...? I mean, I don't think I've seen a precedent for this in actual theme parks. Usually the mascots/characters are based on the themed lands (or of course pre-existing movies or other media.)

So I really like the idea of Coaster King and the Pirate but I wouldn't necessarily want to have a bunch of walking pizzas, french fries, donuts, etc. I'd rather see more mascots to go with each theme. Like for the pirate theme, instead of just having the pirate, we could also have a mascot that is the kraken or a mermaid. Maybe the mascots would even have some interactions when they encounter their "nemesis."

Don't get me wrong. I love Chief Beef and Gulpee as much as anyone else. I just think there's some better opportunities there beyond food stuff.

One other thing... I think it would be cool in the final game if there's some fun explanation of each of the mascots' back story. Maybe that could even be integrated into scenarios or maybe the mascots would be awarded based on some achievement.

Last edited:
I think your judging a bit early, we only have a couple of mascots, you cant see them as a representation of the final product!

Imagine how many new and different themes we have yet to come, fairytale, sci-fi, etc, etc, each one will have a mascot no doubt. Chief Beef is but one, Gulpie, although a drinks brand, is more of a park mascot as he featured in some of the pree Alpha reders and videos and Cosmic Cow doesnt even have one! Have you never heard of Ronald McDonald? Colonel Sanders? its hardly unusual for a fast food brand to have a mascot and to see them at a park would hardly be unheard of.

I think your judging a bit early, we only have a couple of mascots, you cant see them as a representation of the final product!

Imagine how many new and different themes we have yet to come, fairytale, sci-fi, etc, etc, each one will have a mascot no doubt. Chief Beef is but one, Gulpie, although a drinks brand, is more of a park mascot as he featured in some of the pree Alpha reders and videos and Cosmic Cow doesnt even have one! Have you never heard of Ronald McDonald? Colonel Sanders? its hardly unusual for a fast food brand to have a mascot and to see them at a park would hardly be unheard of.
Ahah funny you say that.

I've tried to (vainly) explain one day that, psychologically speaking, I think it's related to the fact that it is an "animal" mascot, because officially, the park mascot is not Gulpee Rex, but Coaster King.
I guess we need more animals mascot, they are easier to integrate into our "universe", and it is also closer to the mental representation of a mascot in the collective mind, unlike a giant tire (Coaster King) or a giant burger (Chief Beef) even if those two are not "unrealistic" either.

But ... It's just my opinion.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if there are some Cosmic Cow, Chief Beed etc images in the files on our computers. I want to change my avatar :p

Is a "panda" off limits due to copyright or something? I always liked having funny colored bears and pink elephants in my parks [tongue]

I really hope they offer a lot of variety for character entertainers

Last edited:

The main thing i was getting at is that the current shops and their mascots at the moment seem to be quite theme specific, for example Cosmic Cow seems sci-fi themed and wouldn't fit in well with a pirate section of the park. I was hoping that there would be other more generic versions of the same things, so a milkshake shop that would fit in fine no matter the theme of the park around it.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if there are some Cosmic Cow, Chief Beed etc images in the files on our computers. I want to change my avatar :p
Not that I know of, but maybe you like this one.

5KCdbKP.png

Top Bottom