Black walls and roofs

Can you, the almighty and totally awesome devs, make some black walls and roofs. This way, we can at least somewhat make our own dark rides.

I don't think it is too hard as well. Just the the blue or white walls and color them black. The textures don't even need to change.

I think this will open so many doors.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Can you, the almighty and totally awesome devs, make some black walls and roofs. This way, we can at least somewhat make our own dark rides.

I don't think it is too hard as well. Just the the blue or white walls and color them black. The textures don't even need to change.

I think this will open so many doors.

I agree to this altough i rather see the wall's and roofs entirely re-colorable.
And i know not every piece has to be recolorable as some would just don't look right.

But i have a feeling the "Colored" wall pieces will become recolorable. With ofcourse black as an option.

I agree to this altough i rather see the wall's and roofs entirely re-colorable.
And i know not every piece has to be recolorable as some would just don't look right.

But i have a feeling the "Colored" wall pieces will become recolorable. With ofcourse black as an option.

Yeah, the way Parkitect deals with this is awesome. You can indeed color some scenery the way you want it (and you can scale it up and down, awesome!).

I even think RCT3 had recolorable walls if I'm not mistaken (not 100% sure though).

Better than custom colors on walls would be the ability to paint one side of a wall with a custom graphic. For instance, in Pirates of the Caribbean, the walls aren't black, they're painted to look like background elements like the swamp in the beginning or the city and sky later on. I believe someone mentioned a desire for projector effects in another thread, as well. I know adding more customization also opens the door for problematic designs, but you're not going to stop that, anyway. Might as well also support truly spectacular designs and let people express themselves to their full potential.

Being able to import images for signs, posters or walls would be a great idea! As for now, with the release of the terrain tools in Alpha 2 I am sure dark rides would be possible. Just create a huge cavern and place a coaster in it. And with the new fire animated pieces, things are going to get interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom