How realistic have coasters to be in the final game?

I'm wondering how realistic the coasters have to be in the end.

Lot's of coasters you see in videos would kill all the people, or at least cause heave head injuries.
There are no speed or G-Force indicators currently in the game, and most tracks are very uneven with hard banking etc.

Does anybody know if something like this is planned?
Along with some "smooth track until not more than x G are there", or some "make it zero G" like in NoLimits?

The game already has a rather advancd physics simulation, with G-forces calculated. I cannot asertain why they would go to such lengths and not include this information within the final build.

Best,
R.

In RCT1 and RCT2 I always tried to make my coasters realistic, and in that game it was easy. In RCT3 I liked making wild impossible coasters.

I don't mind PC having a "fantasy" element to it, its a video game and can have its own physics. If you choose to make realistic coasters, that's great! I love seeing all the different creative ideas people have already shared on youtube for PC and RCT3. I feel like a VR headset would make actual amusement parks almost unnecessary because the graphics + the impossible insane drops or inversions are awesome lol.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
In RCT1 and RCT2 I always tried to make my coasters realistic, and in that game it was easy. In RCT3 I liked making wild impossible coasters.

I don't mind PC having a "fantasy" element to it, its a video game and can have its own physics. If you choose to make realistic coasters, that's great! I love seeing all the different creative ideas people have already shared on youtube for PC and RCT3. I feel like a VR headset would make actual amusement parks almost unnecessary because the graphics + the impossible insane drops or inversions are awesome lol.

Of course I never built rides in RCT 1, 2 & 3 that could possibly crash due to extreme turns etc..... [big grin]

I've got the DK" and one of the demos is Helix Coaster, Coaster rides in VR are either fantastic or stomach churning. I've had fun watching my kids and others grip the chair in white knuckled nausea filled terror.

There is most definitely a place for VR in Planet Coaster though.

I like how coasters are kind of fantasy. otherwise id be spending hours creating a fun coaster which DOESNT derail. At least peps dont have to worry about derailing for now which is funtastic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom