Why always grass ?

I always thought that it is strange to have grass as ground.

I mean, most park have bitumen as a ground and not grass.. Imho, this would make parks in PC way more realistic.
At least, having an option to place bitumen would be nice...

They might it as a terrain texture in the future. I always struggle too to get the grass awat. In RCT3, I always made a (little) like with some small rivers to reduce the amount of grass I had

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
They might it as a terrain texture in the future. I always struggle too to get the grass awat. In RCT3, I always made a (little) like with some small rivers to reduce the amount of grass I had

Yes, really this! Would love to see some more terrain textures.

I really hope we get something like snow/ice as well. And maybe something like sand/rocks.

I always thought that it is strange to have grass as ground.

I mean, most park have bitumen as a ground and not grass.. Imho, this would make parks in PC way more realistic.
At least, having an option to place bitumen would be nice...

Huh??? Oh right, because all empty plots of land and always neatly tarmaced before a developer takes it over arnt they? [uhh]

Has to be one of the most pedantic questions i've read on here.... anyway OP, YOU CAN 'place bitumen', have you not seen the painting tools in the terrain editior? You can paint the entire place black if you really want.

Huh??? Oh right, because all empty plots of land and always neatly tarmaced before a developer takes it over arnt they? [uhh]

Has to be one of the most pedantic questions i've read on here.... anyway OP, YOU CAN 'place bitumen', have you not seen the painting tools in the terrain editior? You can paint the entire place black if you really want.

You always so passive aggressive with anything you don't agree with? How about if you don't see the problem, you don't reply? Simple really.

I hope there is snow/ice as well, opens up a lot of opportunity for winter parks.

Imagine a Christmas themed amusement park!

Yes i know, but im not sure what the op is getting at. Ive never seen a theme park that is completely tarmaced over from emd to end.

I would love to be abel to use it to cover the space between buildings and paths, so the people doesnt have to walk through building because of intersectioning that occurs sometimes. Definetely pro bitumen/path textures in terrain

I imagine it'd be grass, because when people buy a plot of land to build their theme park, its usually a field of grass or whatever, and most theme parks are surrounded by grass (unless its a beach theme park)

Have you ever seen the first promotion video for the game. The guy stand there on a grassland at the beginning until the first pathtile fall from somwhere above.

You always so passive aggressive with anything you don't agree with? How about if you don't see the problem, you don't reply? Simple really.

Love how you like to play moderator, why dont you leave that to the REAL ones? Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities but if someone asks what I consider to be a daft question, like "why is an empty plot of land covered in grass", then what do you expect as a reply? I also responded to his incorrect statement "At least, having an option to place bitumen would be nice..." by pointing out that you CAN.

Thats far more helpfull that some self important pretend mod' trying to act like a hero and adding Nothing to the conversation.

Last edited:

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
How about we keep this topic focussed on the question posed by the OP rather than turning it into a conflict?

Love how you like to play moderator, why dont you leave that to the REAL ones? Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities but if someone asks what I consider to be a daft question, like "why is an empty plot of land covered in grass", then what do you expect as a reply? I also responded to his incorrect statement "At least, having an option to place bitumen would be nice..." by pointing out that you CAN.

Thats far more helpfull that some self important pretend mod' trying to act like a hero and adding Nothing to the conversation.

I didn't know there was an option to place bitumen. I thought the painting tools were limited to rocks, sand and grass at the moment.

I didn't know there was an option to place bitumen. I thought the painting tools were limited to rocks, sand and grass at the moment.

There are two different dark coloured rock types right now, one of them is even anough to be a perfect tarmac facsimile.

Top Bottom