Parks Gysan's 1st Theme Park - Welcome to "Alpha Land"

AlphaLand%20Banner%201.png

Hello everyone! Time for me to share some pictures of my projects as well. [happy]
I know, it's not the most creative park name. But it fit my goal to make an awesome park as possible with the first alphas limitations and using every available scenery and ride. And when I look back to it, it is from the first Alpha and I want to remember how fun it was from the start. [big grin]

First, I want to give big credits to Silvarett. I started this project by building a replica of Silvarett's beautiful but lost Main street buildings, as a study to learn more advance ways of using the building tools in Planet Coaster. I complemented them with my own creations to fit my street layout, but otherwise it is very recognisable and I asked him if he wanted a copy. He said thanks but no, I want to keep explore new stuff instead. What an artist! [heart] I kept expanding it and I hope he like my continuation on those French styled buildings. [rolleyes]

I just have to mention that I'm not a stranger to Main street designs myself. I worked on a Disneyland Resort Paris project 10 years ago in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. Nowadays I mostly build in Minecraft though. [tongue]

I will make a Disney park project in the future in Planet Coaster, but not for now due to the limitations. Still, this park is indeed Disneyland-esque because it have different themed areas just like a Disneyland park. The themes is choosen after what you can do with the Alpha of course. Lets start. [up]

Welcome to Alpha Land

Here is a overview map of the park in its present state.

This far, I made a classic Pirate themed Village and an Aqualand themed area. Both are finished. Right now I'm building on the Paris Boulevard with a 1900th century theme with all the flying rides. And a Japanese themed area I haven't started on. I travelled to Japan for exactly 2 years ago today on April 11th. That might get me inspired to start on it. [heart]

Main Street

Replica of Silvaretts beautiful corner houses. However, my street design.

It took some work to make this fully squared plaza with surrounding walking streets with functional joints. I'm very happy how my central statue garden turned out. And how smooth I succeeded to make the transition between the pre-built entrance and my plaza. [heart]

This 2 houses is my first own creations trying to continue a seamless theme. The original one didn't fit this square shaped plaza.

Replica of Silvarett's courthouse. I added some extra style on the clock tower. [cool]

Replica of Silvaretts 2 last Main st. buildings he made. I didn't use any signs for the facades though. Anyway when I replicated this I knew the originals was lost.

Corner building Replica. I wasn't so fond of the idea having a non connected shop in the corner building, so I just used a door instead.

Sivaretts original left side was shorter than the right side and my street continues in a symmetrical way, so I had to continue with my own creations to fill it up. The opposite side is more or less a complete replica of Silvarett.

I'm extra proud of my ChiefBeef Police Station with that concrete box on the top holding the sign. It is completely made of stone balconies.[happy]

At the back of the street I tried out styling this building with a rounded wall at the corner.

It continues with a restaurant with its own terasse.

After it comes the entries to the two themed areas to the east (Park left).

In the middle of the central plaza I made a pavilion with a Coaster King on top. [hehe]

I struggled real hard with the paths to make this close to what I wanted. The outlines of the plaza marks out what you can do with the green areas inside, and sometimes that creates conflicts. [blah]

Now to the west side (Park Right side). I choose to place this last replica on this side instead and started to make this boulevard street towards the Ferris wheel. I don't know why the reference, but in my language Ferris Wheels is called "Paris Wheels". (Yeah, Swedish.) [rolleyes]

And of course. A big tribute to my great idol: In Chief Beef with Cheese I belief! With his 100% meat badge and all. [big grin][up]

Adjacent to it, I expanded with this modern roof styled restaurant for the main plaza. [yum]

Last of the Main street. My own designed Shinto Toori arc marking the entrance to my up coming Japanese pavilion. I made it white and lighted it red during nights. White stone tooris are quite common though at Shinto Temples. [happy]

I like the idea of making back sides in Theme Parks from Silvarett. I layouted mine a bit different though. I am an engineer, so I like some clean structures of the ventilation systems. x-)

Some nice evening and night pics from the two main plazas. [praise]

I coloured my main entrance statue in different colors angled from every corner. Pretty nice when they melts together. [hehe]

Aqua Land
Ingame, called "Bienvenue". You gotta use what you have. x-D
This water themed area is full of my original ideas. I made some quite cool water themed scenery with the generic building pieces. If you ask me, the generic theme we got is 50% water theme intended. So it felt natural to make it and included several rides. [praise]

Layout of AquaLand. My goal is to keep the areas quite small and tight, with some landmark in the centre everything surrounds.

The Roctopus is an obvious member to this area.

I'm really proud of how this shopping district turned out. I made this buildings look like waves on a stormy sea. After placing them I realise the pirate ship fit perfect on top of it, to make it look even more like water. Later on I realise this is a perfect spot to place Kraken! Hence the high building scenery the kraken animatronics mechanic can be above ground without being visible for the guests. [happy]

Later on the Pirate Rollercoaster passes by here reusing the scenery for that ride. [pirate]

Under the waterwave-roofs. In every themed land I intend to have at least one of every kind of facility and make something creative of it.

The central landmark is this Mermaid statue. I like how well she fits to merges together with the open clam.

The Wirly Rig attraction. Here I created a custom made "under the sea" back drop. [praise]

Every land must have their own stylish toilet area. [big grin]

And some few night pics of Aqua Land.

Pirate Village
It is time for the pure pirate themed area. Kind of mandatory in the Alpha. x)
This time, I did go with the sign and made a village of this area. [pirate]

In this land I experimented a lot with lightning and I have to say that it is really fun! As always though, I place the night and evening pictures last. Well okay I give you the entrance arc now. [big grin]

The layout is quite squeezed together. I didn't want it to be too big because it will only hold 2 rides. It is a plaza in the centre and different scenery areas surrounding it. The village, the shipyard, the Pirate keep and the skull cave. All filling up some kind of function to the area and theme.

The Shipyard with a quite big queue building.

The Skull cave is the queue building for the rollercoaster. It is themed like a secret treasure cave. The chape of it was higly dependent on the area and I merged it together with the Roctopus back wall of stones.

I really like this shot. I left some daylight holes into the cave for practical uses to get in there easier with the camera view.

The village in the morning. I just love the 8.00 am lightning in the morning (and corresponding 3 pm afternoon).
I combined all building materials to make the village look diverse and rough.

The Pirate keep/castle. Actually the part I'm least happy about in this area. I had to squeeze it in a very narrow area and it is practical only a toilet house. However, its main focus was to be integrated with the coaster and it does it very well. [cool]

Time for some night and evening pictures. [happy]
It was fun testing to integrate the coaster with the castle.

The lightning in the skull fountain makes it looks like it really have water in it. [hehe]
As you see, I made this plaza big enough to make place for the coaster to take a central place.

The village at night.

The backside of the keep aligns with the coaster lift.

Hmm, I should try out some more variety on the castle's lightning.

I'm really happy with the diverse lightning of the village. It really makes it come alive. [heart]

I used quite a lot of lightning on the Victory ship ride to make it shine even when its moving.

Some evening pics. The pirate theme is so nice fitted with the evening daylight.

Last I want to show you some pics inside the Skull cave.

Here, I succeeded to make a angled ramp up to the coaster station. [big grin]
Something you can't do in the Alpha without some trixes and a bit of luck.

Next time I will show the French boulevard.

Last edited:
Thank you! [happy]
I will post more pictures very soon. It is my little brothers birthday today, so I have limited time to spend on uploading pictures.

i think the mainstreet was so brilliant and the level of detail is amazing but the aqualand is not so good in my opinion and it destroys your work from the main street. the buildings and the architecture is to easy since the main street

try to find another way for theming another part of your park it is impossible to do different park areas with the one prirate theming objects ^^

Last edited:
I love your "Bienvenue" land [big grin][big grin][big grin]
Thank you! [big grin]

I didn't know we could make square paths.
How did you manage that?
It is quite simple actually. You just create T-junctions in the corners. However, you get some ugly edges to cover up. So I do hope Frontier will include a feature for real squared roads.

i think the mainstreet was so brilliant and the level of detail is amazing but the aqualand is not so good in my opinion and it destroys your work from the main street. the buildings and the architecture is to easy since the main street

try to find another way for theming another part of your park it is impossible to do different park areas with the one prirate theming objects ^^
Well thank you for your honest opinion. I know Aqualand don't stand ups in architecture but it is a nice way to present a lot of the present flat rides in the Alpha. [happy]
I'm planning to do a Mayhem/Djungle themed area in addition to what you see now, just to milk out the last of the Pirate theme. [cool]
Then I consider Wild West or a Venezia area.

Last edited:
This is an amazing looking park! The overall layout is beautiful, and very Disney-esque. I should add I'm not just really flattered by your compliments, it's also really cool to see the buildings that I lost again from angles I've never actually seen myself, so thank you [up]

This is an amazing looking park! The overall layout is beautiful, and very Disney-esque. I should add I'm not just really flattered by your compliments, it's also really cool to see the buildings that I lost again from angles I've never actually seen myself, so thank you [up]
You're welcome Silvarret! [happy] Just as in academics, I find it important to credit what's not my originals.

I'm happy you like my Disney-esque style. I guess it is notable I've been in quite many Disney parks in my days. [rolleyes]

awesome work man, mine is no where near as cool as yours, i need to do a lot of scenery currently.
Thank you! Yeah, you can kill quite some time in this game just adding scenery and details. Just have patience and you can do it![praise]

It is wonderful !!
Well thank you! [happy]

Last edited:
Highly detailed work here! Awesome job! I particularly like the way you used the wavy roof edges for...waves as the back drop for the kiddie ferris wheel ride. nice job!

Thanks for all the compliments! [happy]

Today, I uploaded and commented on pictures of my Pirate Village in the first post. Please enjoy! [pirate]

Last edited:
Top Bottom