Blinking red obstruction lights

Let's say I have a tall object in my park, and for authenticity I would like to put a blinking red warning/obstruction light on it. Is there a way to do this as it would not be triggered by an event? If there is a way, could a have series of lights blink in unison so that if the structure is tall enough, I'd like to install a few lights on the tower and have them blink at the same time. Any ideas? Remember, no triggers since these are not related to a ride.

Let's say I have a tall object in my park, and for authenticity I would like to put a blinking red warning/obstruction light on it. Is there a way to do this as it would not be triggered by an event? If there is a way, could a have series of lights blink in unison so that if the structure is tall enough, I'd like to install a few lights on the tower and have them blink at the same time. Any ideas? Remember, no triggers since these are not related to a ride.

Perhaps recolor a short straight line of the blinking fairy lights from the festive theme? They are pretty versatile...

Yeah, like Minnion says, use the variable fairy/Xmas lights. If you use the 1m straight section, it will have 4 bulbs on it. Color the 1st 2 red and the 2nd 2 black, it it should pulse at a regular interval. If you alternate it red/black/red/black, it will pulse twice as fast. If you have 3 red and 1 black, it will mostly be on but blink off periodically, and vice versa.

OR, you could actually use a trigger on any handy coaster or track ride that doesn't have enough to do already. No need to build an "Event Manager" ride in perpetual test mode hidden off to the side somewhere. For this, you'd use like the colorable area light, which can be triggered (fairy lights can't). Set it's trigger duration to 1 second.

Then put 1 trigger on the selected ride's track anywhere you want, doesn't matter. Then add this 1 light to that 1 trigger about 30 times. The 1st time, it has zero delay. Then for each other instance, give it an additional 2 second delay (so the 2nd one has 2 seconds, the 3rd has 4th, etc.). So, the when the coaster hits this trigger, it will make the light go on for 1 second, off for 1 second, 30 times. And if the next train comes by 30 seconds later, it repeats.

they should add non-track based triggers [up][up]

oh yes please.
YES PLEASE!!
YES YES YES PLEASE!!

AND...... stations that release trains according to a trigger.
that way, we could cascade trigger set designs using blueprints, without them getting out of synch.

oh yes please.
YES PLEASE!!
YES YES YES PLEASE!!

AND...... stations that release trains according to a trigger.
that way, we could cascade trigger set designs using blueprints, without them getting out of synch.

I'm still hoping that we can add triggers to our flat-ride sequences... (That kick on when the ride starts up.)

The only feasible method would be a timeline that starts when the ride starts, al la rct3's mixmaster.

Isn't that kind of how ride sequences work already? I figure they're pretty close as is... I could be wrong though since I'm no Dev, but yeah... Having more ways to activate triggers than just the tracked rides.... (Perhaps if we get a Mixmaster 2.0 we can get a choice of three activation sequences...
1.Ride Start
2.Object used(By which I mean a trigger that goes off whenever a guest sits on a bench or uses a bin, or leaves a shop/facility.
3. Continuous loop.[up]

Top Bottom