Weather

A small problem, it's always nice in my park ! I think that added the weather option would be a good thing, with an umbrella shop ect ... the visitors who would cold ect .. I do not know the ones you think...

They made a game but it is so powerful that they can almost nothing added to what was asked most often .. the weather, the water park, the zoo ect .. it's not very logical to their share but hey, it's still a very good game anyway hoping that the parades will come because it's necessary ! [squeeeeee]

Its a shame that there wont be any weather but it would be nice to have: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter

Spring - Flowers grow
Summer - Sunny days
Autumn - Tress turn orange and leaves fall
Winter - Snows

Due to the hundreds of weather topics and posts we have about it and the devs saying they can't properly implement it without a huge fps drop.

I thought it was the water park expansion they said they couldn't do it because they believe they couldn't deliver the quality they want for it.
I would say the same counts for rain/weather, but there where plenty of other suggestions without having it physical rain in it, like temperature drops.

I can't recall frontier mentioning anything about weather, I thought it was mostly the forum members saying it would probably hurt fps which is a fair conclusion, could be wrong of course.

It was more a reply as I felt it was a comment shaken out of the sleeve with no backing up of the why.

Ahhh the monthly rain topic....

While he mentioned umbrella's he didn't say anything about rain.

My apologies, Luuknoord. I stand corrected. Slightly presumptuous of me.

Ahhh the monthly weather* topic.

*Awaits water DLC topic*

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
They made a game but it is so powerful that they can almost nothing added to what was asked most often .. the weather, the water park, the zoo ect .. it's not very logical to their share but hey, it's still a very good game anyway hoping that the parades will come because it's necessary ! [squeeeeee]

Hopefully Planet Coaster 2 will be like RCT3 but better

I'm sure Frontier have thought about it, and would want to do it properly (i.e. Guests running into buildings for shelter / pulling out umbrellas)
But again, it comes down to what you'd consider "use-able" for shelter, seeing as people don't just use objects from the buildings tab to make their shops and such.

Of course Frontier could add collision to every single object so guests know where to run to, but then with each object at different heights + the guest ai + too many people going to one place and it being crowded + everything on top of each other, it'd break the game :/

Though, if anyone has any developing suggestions, I'm sure they'd consider it [wink]

Well, according to weather in Planet Coaster, if weather will really affect fps in the game, then how about a dynamic weather system where it is NOT automatic and SHOULD be manual instead. The system would give players or users the option to change the intensity of the wind, snow, clouds, overcast, rain, thunder, fog, etc. Very similar to Nolimits 2 Coaster. I really would like to see that kind of system instead of having to just use scenery pieces as weather. There could also be an option to enable it or disable it. Enabling it, disabling it, changing the intensity, could also influence the fps as well. Those are my thoughts on a weather system in Planet Coaster.

I'm sure Frontier have thought about it, and would want to do it properly (i.e. Guests running into buildings for shelter / pulling out umbrellas)
But again, it comes down to what you'd consider "use-able" for shelter, seeing as people don't just use objects from the buildings tab to make their shops and such.

Of course Frontier could add collision to every single object so guests know where to run to, but then with each object at different heights + the guest ai + too many people going to one place and it being crowded + everything on top of each other, it'd break the game :/

Though, if anyone has any developing suggestions, I'm sure they'd consider it [wink]

There is already collsion on every object......

Only we turn it off every time.

Let a train run off the tracks and you will see the train cars & peeps bounce of every object you place.

as shown here: [video=youtube;22Yzcitgq7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Yzcitgq7Q[/video]

Oh, and the peeps "swim".

Last edited:
Top Bottom