Live Forum Q&A - Animation!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Can you tell us, which kind of water rides in the game will be? Like the classic log flume with a nice splash etc.? And are there plans for guest animations after riding that kind of rides (looking / laughing at their clothes as they got wet in the log flume).

Two questions:

Will peeps recognize obstacles such as walls and posts and interact with them by walking around them?

And, will there be ride events / peep events on the floor like opening doors (Think of a waiting queue with a seperated room for waiting, which door would open every 30 seconds to let peeps in to the last part of the queue, you see that in lots of parks and it would just be hilariously cool :O)

I'm really looking forward to getting the Mascot performances in! At the moment they walk around the park with the crowd but later on in development they're going to stop and attract guests with a little performance. The team love animating (and acting out!) these performances and I can't wait to see dancing about in the parks.

Hallo to all at Frontier.

Can you already hint how deep the performance will be?

We saw a video where Gulpee Rex swallowed a kid by mistake and one where he just made his roar.

"Little surprises around every corner.... but nothing dangerous"

1. During the “Shared Vision” livestream, a clip was shown people dancing to the “Sea Shanty Players” tune. In addition to dancing, will guest gather by entertainers and performances for a period of time before venturing further into the park?

2. Will there be any plans to incorporate a cinema within the game so our guest can see the latest movies associated with their favorite rides? I already have my ticket for this summer’s blockbuster “Forge”!!

yhWd5NO.jpg

Thank you for a amazing game this far and having this sorts of Q&A! [happy]

¤ Have you considered to animate parents with toddlers in strollers and/or disabled people in wheelchairs to include more diversity?

¤ Will there be real graffiti attacks on our building walls ingame as this animated clip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mgso-BMq9U

¤ From the same clip, many have notice two guys holding hands passing by. Will there be homosexual couples interacting in the game? Also a question of diversity.

¤ Will teenagers be able to mess with mascots, like knock over King Coaster or stamp on Gulpee's tail?

¤ We have seen pictures of colonial guards. In what way are we going to be able to use them in them game? Shows and parades maybe? [yesnod]

¤ Vomits has been on the topics in the forum lately. Have you made any animation of people throwing up yet? [rolleyes]

¤ Some of us like to make "naughty parks" sometimes to test the games limits. Will guests be able to react on being imprisoned? [squeeeeee]

Thank you!

Last edited:

Nodgers

Frontier
Frontier
Love the animations so far!

* Are we going to get animatronics triggered by coasters?

Thanks Helena! That's a great idea and I think it would look ace in addition to the guests reacting to coasters that we've already got in the new alpha, but that's going to be a good question for Jonny Watts and the design team in a couple of weeks!

For dark rides, is there any plan to pre-program the direction of a train car on an axis to view different animations or scenery on a ride? and when should we expect the interiors of building to remain dark during the day?

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks Helena! That's a great idea and I think it would look ace in addition to the guests reacting to coasters that we've already got in the new alpha, but that's going to be a good question for Jonny Watts and the design team in a couple of weeks!

I hope we do!

Like stated before, if you create darkrides something like doors opening and closing upon arrival of a car is a "must have" to make things realistic. [happy]

can we have a gnome theme in PC so i could recreate rides like this?
and on this note will we have set pieces that act like speakers so we can play custom audio on them?
[video=youtube;y9SpHSK5Guc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9SpHSK5Guc[/video]

JonnyB

Frontier
Frontier
How much of the animation relies on simulation? For example for let's say the pirate ship ride, do you rely on physic simulation or is everything hand-made?

Hey this is a cool question.

We do a tonne of research in to every ride that goes in to the game to make sure they're as authentic as possible. We hand animate the rides after collecting and studying a lot of reference, we look at the timing of the rides, how heavy they look and feel, how guests react on them etc. We have to make sure the wonderfully bearded Sam Denney feels the rides are realistic enough before they go in game and that man knows his rides!

Nodgers

Frontier
Frontier
I want to know, are we going to get recoloring of scenary and ride in alpha 2? If not then when?

I also want to know the plan for particule effect including ride triggered and Mixmaster?

Last question, will we be able to build inverted peices in coaster so we can build our own special pieces (ex: loop) in the final version?

These all sound like awesome ideas, if you check out the upcoming live streams with the design teams in the coming weeks!

1. will you be able to change colour of tracks on roller coasters?
2. will you make your own inversions on roller coasters and make it bigger or smaller?

First of all I think the game is fantasic allready [up] but now my question do we get weather change later on in the game? and so yes do the people react to the different weather types?

Last edited:

ODPaterson

Frontier
Frontier
Hello,

Can you give detail on the mascot animations and guest reactions to them?

Hello!

The mascot animations are definitely one of my favourite things about Planet Coaster. They're a real opportunity to get some super-characterful situations going and and they're a joy to animate! The art team has done a stunning job at designing the mascots.

Now, a bit of info about guest reactions! In the next alpha you'll be seeing guests react to mascots as they walk by - cheering and laughing. It's been really great to see guests cheering on Chief Beef as he marches by. The #ChiefBeefBelief is strong!

Hi Frontier~ I'd like to know if we'll one day get underwater tunnels (paths/coaster)?

Would be neat to see the peeps be able to explore beneath the deep. An underwater city (Atlantis Theme) would work perfectly with it! [heart]

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom