NOTICE: Planet Coaster Alpha Removed from Steam – Last chance!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

As some of you might know, Planet Coaster Alpha is currently still available on Steam as a separate game compared to the full release of Planet Coaster. However, heads up: we’re removing Planet Coaster Alpha and its Workshop from Steam this week.

This is your last chance to move any creations you’ve uploaded in the Alpha version of the game to the official Planet Coaster Steam Workshop. Do note that you must own the full version of the game in order to do so. Here are some easy steps regarding migrating your blueprints from Alpha:

If you have already saved your blueprint locally, you can skip this! If you don’t, here’s how you can do it:
  1. Go to your Steam Library, find Planet Coaster Alpha and click on “Browse The Workshop” button
  2. Click on Your Files > Files You’ve Posted
  3. Subscribe to the items you haven’t got local blueprints of and wait for Steam to download them
  4. Load up a new, empty park on any available level

Now you’re ready to start saving these items locally; once your game has loaded, continue with the following steps to preserve your amazing creations for the Beta:
  1. Place the workshop item in your park
  2. Using the multi-select tool, select the workshop item you’ve just placed
  3. On the top-right, click on the “Save Item As Blueprint” button
  4. Give your blueprint a title and description

If you have any more questions about downloading the game via Steam, please check out the FAQ or post a comment below.

[heart]
Bo

Hi everyone,

As some of you might know, Planet Coaster Alpha is currently still available on Steam as a separate game compared to the full release of Planet Coaster. However, heads up: we’re removing Planet Coaster Alpha and its Workshop from Steam this week.

This is your last chance to move any creations you’ve uploaded in the Alpha version of the game to the official Planet Coaster Steam Workshop. Do note that you must own the full version of the game in order to do so. Here are some easy steps regarding migrating your blueprints from Alpha:

If you have already saved your blueprint locally, you can skip this! If you don’t, here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to your Steam Library, find Planet Coaster Alpha and click on “Browse The Workshop” button
2. Click on Your Files > Files You’ve Posted
3. Subscribe to the items you haven’t got local blueprints of and wait for Steam to download them
4. Load up a new, empty park on any available level

Now you’re ready to start saving these items locally; once your game has loaded, continue with the following steps to preserve your amazing creations for the Beta:
1. Place the workshop item in your park
2. Using the multi-select tool, select the workshop item you’ve just placed
3. On the top-right, click on the “Save Item As Blueprint” button
4. Give your blueprint a title and description

If you have any more questions about downloading the game via Steam, please check out the FAQ or post a comment below.

[heart]
Bo
RIP PC Alpha.

I can't get into my Alpha Version. It's still in my Steam-Library, but the button say Buy instead of Play. I have used my Key from the Frontier-store to activate it again, but Steam says it was installed. So I have no chance for a last backup. I don't think, that I still get support for the Alpha from here anymore.

Seems they removed it before the weekend. I thought we had at least a week and do the safe today. Guess that was wrong.

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Seems they removed it before the weekend. I thought we had at least a week and do the safe today. Guess that was wrong.

This was definitely the case as I posted this thread on Monday with a notice for "end of the week", and we also said it back when the game launched in November.

So yes to everyone: Planet Coaster Alpha is officially closed. Enjoy the full game!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom