Linux

If as many people ran linux as run windows there would probably be malware and viruses for that too. At the moment it's not worth anyone's time writing them :)

Linux and Apple just aren't for gaming.

My first computer ever was a Macintosh LC. I remember going to Egghead Software and ALWAYS being disappointed in the selection of games I could choose from. While my friends were playing Wing Commander, I was stuck with Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist! Actually, that was a fun game. Regardless, this Apple/Lack of Games issue has been going on for at least 30 years... and now I feel old.

As for Linux? Yeah good luck with that.

I really had hoped that after the full release they might start on a Linux version. That's sad. So no Planet Coaster for me. That means I'll keep watching Youtube videos and they get the money while frontier doesn't xD

Or you could just install Windows and stop being silly.

Just wanted to point out that there are viruses/malware out there that infect Linux. Of course the more popular an OS, the more there are and the more you hear about it. Don't think that just because you have Linux, that you're safe.

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out that there are viruses/malware out there that infect Linux. Of course the more popular an OS, the more there are and the more you hear about it. Don't think that just because you have Linux, that you're safe.

There are only trojans for Linux. Insta-infect viruses like Windows has don't exist on Linux.

But yeah maybe they'll find a way once it gets more popular.

People who make viruses HAVE NO LIFE, NO LIFE, they have nothing better to do with their lifes. They make people suffer and are so inconsiderate, stealing your personal info or other bad stuff. Fortunately, companies like AVG, Norton, etc create and sell software. AVG also uses heurestics which monitors the behaviour of everything on your PC. Big lol at those viruses makers. AVG Internet Security monitors in real time all the programs running on your PC. if it detects something, it's off to the police station, aka Virus Vault. [wink]. True internet security software CAN pick up stuff which can go unnoticed or missed by even Microsoft's Windows operating systems, including Windows 10.

Last edited:
Or you could just install Windows and stop being silly.

You expect people to buy a €130 operating system, which is inferior to their current one, to play a €40 game? [gaga]

People who make viruses HAVE NO LIFE, NO LIFE, they have nothing better to do with their lifes. They make people suffer and are so inconsiderate, stealing your personal info or other bad stuff. Fortunately, companies like AVG, Norton, etc create and sell software. AVG also uses heurestics which monitors the behaviour of everything on your PC. Big lol at those viruses makers. AVG Internet Security monitors in real time all the programs running on your PC. if it detects something, it's off to the police station, aka Virus Vault. [wink]. True internet security software CAN pick up stuff which can go unnoticed or missed by even Microsoft's Windows operating systems, including Windows 10.

I have AVG Ultimate (the paid version!). Got an e-mail with a fake .doc file that was actually an executable. AVG didn't detect it. So I reported it. A day later, it did get detected. But then I got another few e-mails that had about the same text and about the same executable and then those didn't get detected either. So now I have to report those too.

So antivirus means nothing if nobody has reported this exact virus before you.

Anyway, this thread is not meant to be a discussion on viruses ;)

Last edited:
You expect people to buy a €130 operating system, which is inferior to their current one, to play a €40 game? [gaga]

LOL .. Whatever .. Apart from Vista and ME, every MS OS has been an improvement over the last one. If you can't see that then well .. there isn't much more I can say. Every time a new OS comes out you get the same people say the same thing .. its laughable at best and insulting at worst.

Oh and you can buy Windows 10 for something like £15 if you know where to look.

If that's going to be the basis for your argument its going to be a very short lived one.

Linux is not a bad OS, in fact i do prefer to OSX or windows. The idea is its not a system for idiots. Its harder to install things on at atimes. But at the end of the day linux has the least bloat ware of any OS. Nothing to hog up your CPU or GPU in the slightest.

I also find it easier to dig in when I need to. Remote in other systems if I need to. Granted for a-typical users I understand there aren't normal functions. Its a shame more games dont cover linux. When it comes down to getting more bang out of your system there really is no less restricting os. Games get a lot more juice to use especially a game like PC.

LOL .. Whatever .. Apart from Vista and ME, every MS OS has been an improvement over the last one. If you can't see that then well .. there isn't much more I can say. Every time a new OS comes out you get the same people say the same thing .. its laughable at best and insulting at worst.

Oh and you can buy Windows 10 for something like £15 if you know where to look.

If that's going to be the basis for your argument its going to be a very short lived one.

I use nothing but Windows 10 anymore. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Buf that I use it solely doesn't mean I'm going to deny just how terrible it is. It's near-objectively inferior to Linux in lots of ways, and that's no small feat because Linux is very low-quality as welI.

Also I highly doubt how a £15 Windows license can be legal.

If you want to use Windows, fine, but don't force it on others.
BTW again, I'm not really a fan of Linux. It's just comparatively vastly superior at the moment. I'm using Windows too right now, but just let people use what they like.

To the moderators: The "€2,50" line was not a serious statement, I just wanted to illustrate the questionability of what OriginalBadB0y said. I hate piracy just as much as you. I also didn't want to compare Planet Coaster with a bad operating system. Sorry for causing the misunderstanding, it's my fault. I've replaced the line with something more clear.

Last edited:
The vast majority of people use Windows. Its compatible with many things and more people basically use it. PC = Microsoft, thats what many refer it to as. Microsoft is like the biggest software company in the world.

Steam Proton

With the release of Steam Proton, Linux users have been able to play many Windows games. But not all. Could you be able to get Planet Coaster able to run through Steam Proton for Linux users? I would be happy to buy the game if you could.

With the release of Steam Proton, Linux users have been able to play many Windows games. But not all. Could you be able to get Planet Coaster able to run through Steam Proton for Linux users? I would be happy to buy the game if you could.
Anyone wanting to play a theme park game on Linux, Parkitect runs on Linux.

Top Bottom