Trick or Treat: Devilish Dining Competition!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings boils and ghouls!

To celebrate the Halloween season and our new World's Fair Pack, we're giving you the ghastly opportunity to win some Spooky signed posters and a Planet Coaster pin badge! Here's what you'll need to do:

PC_comp_sept_devilish_diningresized.png

Using the new content in our latest free update, create a horror-themed restaurant. It could be a terrifying haunted diner, a Lovecraftian lunch stop, a slasher steakhouse, or whatever your devious mind can create!

Submit your entry as both a screenshot and as a Steam Workshop link to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Trick or Treat: Devilish Dining' by 30 October 2018, 4PM BST.

We'll look through all the entries and pick our top ten favourites which will be revealed on a special Halloween livestream on 31 October at 7PM GMT! All top ten winners will receive a signed Spooky poster and a Planet Coaster Pin Badge.

So what are you waiting for? Rise from your graves, put on your Monster Mash motivational music track and get creating!

Terms and Conditions:

• You only officially enter the competition when you have submitted your blueprint to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line: Trick or Treat: Devilish Dining
  • Submissions have to follow the rules as set out above.
  • All entries must be submitted by Tuesday, 30 October 2018 at 4PM BST.
  • Frontier have the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • The competition will be judged by an independent panel of Frontier staff and the top 10 will be chosen based on creativity, fun, and originality.
  • The winners will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team via email.
  • The winners have 7 days to respond and claim the prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, you forfeit your prize.
  • Frontier employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
  • Frontier have the final say on the winner and prizes of the event.

Just to clarify - when you say using the new content you’re specifically referring to the restaurants, rather than all scenery / building items being exclusively from the new update?

Although my money will be firmly on lilibat (no pressure) for this one!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Just to clarify - when you say using the new content you’re specifically referring to the restaurants, rather than all scenery / building items being exclusively from the new update?

Although my money will be firmly on lilibat (no pressure) for this one!

We're referring to the restaurants :) You're welcome to include all the other features though :p

another contest? just curious but has any of the winners in the last one got their poster yet, I didn't [downcast]

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey all! Just a heads up, if you can make sure your workshop item is uploaded as a blueprint and not as a park that would be awesome. We want to be able to show off the winners in a special livestream so we'll want multiple restaurants in the same park set up which is much easier to prepare if they are sent as individual blueprints and not park files :)

Hey all! Just a heads up, if you can make sure your workshop item is uploaded as a blueprint and not as a park that would be awesome. We want to be able to show off the winners in a special livestream so we'll want multiple restaurants in the same park set up which is much easier to prepare if they are sent as individual blueprints and not park files :)

Welp, thats me out then, I wanted to make use of the picnic tables considering that we're unable to do some nice interiors for restaurants and such, and a blueprint would have meant the community mangers/devs on the live stream placing the picnic tables themselves.

Ah well~ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do we have to use the restaurants that came with the new update?
What if we want to do it another way?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Do we have to use the restaurants that came with the new update?
What if we want to do it another way?

You'll need to use the restaurant feature included in the update, however that doesn't mean you can't be creative. So long as the restaurant is part of your piece it counts!

So the name of the actual blueprint has to be devilish dining? Or is that just the subject line for the submission by email? And you want one screenshot as an attachment?

I included Devilish Dining within the name of the blueprint and emailed the link and a screenshot with the subject line in the instructions above. Hopefully that was correct!

Good luck :)

Thanks Paul.
I'm off work today so I'll see what I can knock together. I haven't sent you guys anything for nearly 2 years so I'll try to get something in for the deadline. [big grin]

Entry completed and sent!
It's been quite a while since I've built anything in Planet Coaster but I'm pleased to say that I'm very happy with the result.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom