Update regarding Path Tunnelling

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Is this still in the works?

Nobody knows for sure, but assuming it isn't disconfirmed i would say it still is.

My personal guess is that it will be part of the next DLC (Which is heavily rumored to be announced soon... but keep in mind those are rumors based on steamdb updates and NOT by based on any announcement Frontier has made)

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Tunneling was one of the things listed as free content, didn't intend to imply this required payment.

Last edited:
With this change to pathing, will the ability to change the terrain around paths also be impacted?

At present, it feels that the parameters for moving terrain near paths is set too far away. It would be great to be able to edit the terrain right up to the edge of the path to create natural bridges, mountain paths / roads etc.

With this change to pathing, will the ability to change the terrain around paths also be impacted?

At present, it feels that the parameters for moving terrain near paths is set too far away. It would be great to be able to edit the terrain right up to the edge of the path to create natural bridges, mountain paths / roads etc.

I hope so too, but with the voxel terrain I doubt it is possible. The points where terrain can be modified is evenly spaced out (every 1 meter in a square grid). you can see that when starting an empty map and placing a straight path and then lowering terrain next to it, you get this pattern /\/\/\/\.

Even better visible when editing terrain with the 1 mtr brush.

I just want straight edges lol its really difficult to do a 'burried down' coaster or building at the minute with the current tools. If they could just give us the option to change the terrain brush to a square would be a very useful compromise. Would even make building paths off edges easier aka 'terrain is uneven'

Top Bottom