Roller Coasters Life-Size Replica of B. A. Schiff Wild Mouse

I made this Life-Size recreation of B. A. Schiff Wild Mouse coaster.
What did you think of this?

I think you nailed the layout as well as the irreducible bulk of the PC station platform allows, which makes the footprint a bit wider than the real thing. But you got the footprint length and lift height on the button, and didn't allow the extra width to impact the main part of the ride. You even got the characteristic V-shapes in the zigzags, which is a detail many would miss. So, I'd say this is as life-like a replica of the layout as it's possible to make in PC. Great job!

Now, you just need to work on the supports. There are some sections of unsupported track over the station and at several of the cross-overs in the main layout. Are you planning to leave the stock supports in place and just fill in the gaps, or are you going to go for full custom supports?

I think you nailed the layout as well as the irreducible bulk of the PC station platform allows, which makes the footprint a bit wider than the real thing. But you got the footprint length and lift height on the button, and didn't allow the extra width to impact the main part of the ride. You even got the characteristic V-shapes in the zigzags, which is a detail many would miss. So, I'd say this is as life-like a replica of the layout as it's possible to make in PC. Great job!

Now, you just need to work on the supports. There are some sections of unsupported track over the station and at several of the cross-overs in the main layout. Are you planning to leave the stock supports in place and just fill in the gaps, or are you going to go for full custom supports?

Custom supports version was hardest thing to do.

Custom supports aren't that hard, just tedious :). I used to dread it myself but I've done so much of it by now, and have developed a routine for it, that I no longer see it as an obstacle.

I updated custom supports version.

Well, for the most part, the custom supports look good. However, there's a problem: some parts, apparently the TMT objects, don't show up so some of the supports (especially on the outside of the lift hill) are left dangling in air. And there are still no supports for the unsupported track over the station.

I don't fully understand the TMT part of this. I was already subscribed to this ride so the revised version with custom supports had automatically updated when you published it. When I went to place it, however, I got a message saying it needed TMT parts I didn't have and asked if I wanted to download them. I said "yes" so the game paused for a minute or so, and then the blueprint finally appeared on the end of the cursor. But I couldn't find any TMT items anywhere in it, and no new TMT items showed up in my parts lists. So there's something going haywire there.

To try to resolve this, I unsubscribed and resubscribed to the ride, then tried to place it again. This time, I did NOT get the message about missing TMT parts. However, there are still apparently some parts missing because again, some of the supports were left hanging in air.

A more serious problem, however, is that the ride cannot be used in its present form. It's impossible to connect a queue to the entrance gate. This is because the track over the station is both too low and comes too far out towards the edge of the station to make the path-placing system happy. You always get "obstructed" when trying to connect the path (it was VERY hard to even get the entrance gate placed).

This is one of the several very annoying things about the ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ station platform when it comes making life-size replicas in PC. I'm afraid you'll have to deviate from reality a bit here and move the track over the station. I recommend tightening up the turn there a bit so the track doesn't come any closer to the platform edge then the actual station track. This would not only solve the queue problem, it would allow placing the exit at the departure end of the station where the exit path on the platform is, which would speed up the loading time.

Well, for the most part, the custom supports look good. However, there's a problem: some parts, apparently the TMT objects, don't show up so some of the supports (especially on the outside of the lift hill) are left dangling in air. And there are still no supports for the unsupported track over the station.

I don't fully understand the TMT part of this. I was already subscribed to this ride so the revised version with custom supports had automatically updated when you published it. When I went to place it, however, I got a message saying it needed TMT parts I didn't have and asked if I wanted to download them. I said "yes" so the game paused for a minute or so, and then the blueprint finally appeared on the end of the cursor. But I couldn't find any TMT items anywhere in it, and no new TMT items showed up in my parts lists. So there's something going haywire there.

To try to resolve this, I unsubscribed and resubscribed to the ride, then tried to place it again. This time, I did NOT get the message about missing TMT parts. However, there are still apparently some parts missing because again, some of the supports were left hanging in air.

A more serious problem, however, is that the ride cannot be used in its present form. It's impossible to connect a queue to the entrance gate. This is because the track over the station is both too low and comes too far out towards the edge of the station to make the path-placing system happy. You always get "obstructed" when trying to connect the path (it was VERY hard to even get the entrance gate placed).

This is one of the several very annoying things about the ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ station platform when it comes making life-size replicas in PC. I'm afraid you'll have to deviate from reality a bit here and move the track over the station. I recommend tightening up the turn there a bit so the track doesn't come any closer to the platform edge then the actual station track. This would not only solve the queue problem, it would allow placing the exit at the departure end of the station where the exit path on the platform is, which would speed up the loading time.

If you having problem of connect a queue to Entrance gate, here's a tutorial to help you:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V3W0W37f7awtFfI5UQbTjRZywhhdZ-bN

Yeah, like I said, you can't connect the queue with the track in that position over the station :).

I suggest that you put signs on or near the station so folks will know they have to delete that part of the track to do the entrance/exit. AND also put some highly visible, temporary markers along that part of the track, so that folks can then rebuild the track in the proper position after they've done the queue, and then be able to easily find and delete the markers.

Top Bottom