ONLINE: Become a guest in someones park

+1
I really hope there will be an option to visit other players parks from a first person view. I always missed that feature in RCT3.
In my opinion it also adds a new layer to designing and building your park if you know that other people will actually walk around in it.

And may people can vote and something like an award really means something :D
-Clean park
-nice Attractions
-Nice Theming

and so on....
I would appreciate if someone would rate my park as something good ;)

This would be cool with a 3rd person view like Thrillville. I would want both 1st and 3rd though, just incase VR is eventually put into the game. We should be able to rate parks, coasters, and experiences in someone's park. So you would give each coaster a review or all of the coasters and rides combined in a review, satisfaction, employee performance, and an overall park review that will show up next to someone's park when people are looking to visit parks.

Last edited:
Would all this require a "server" type computer at your home, running 24 hours a day? Remember it's 5 oclock somewhere! [rolleyes] Or.... would it require a central control server to keep track of who is on and when... Maybe PC could host such a server.... Just sayin...[where is it]

Or ... It's not "mutli", and you need to download the park before going in "First Person Visit" mode ?

p2p ? maybe ? The "client" become the "server" when the park owner is connected ?

And what about the custom content used in the park ?

Or ... It's just impossible to visit a park as guest, and we need to do like the old day with RCT3 (use the free camera, filming the screen and publish on Youtube [sad])

Nah ! Impossible ... Or it is ???

AHHHHHHHHH !!!! These questions make me crazy. [wacky][wacky][wacky]

", and you need to download the park before going in " Wow, a bandwidth killer... How big (small) do you think a "park" would be, and just where would you store it... I only have 2TB's to work with ![rolleyes]

Can someone explain what DLC stands for? Remember I am not up to speed as you younger people, with all these modern games. So no funny comments, like silly old git and the likes, although you may think it. [big grin]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Can someone explain what DLC stands for? Remember I am not up to speed as you younger people, with all these modern games. So no funny comments, like silly old git and the likes, although you may think it. [big grin]
No problem Coasterbuff. [happy] For me, I'm not up to speed on the possibilities of UGC (user generated content) for RCT3 for example, because I played that game 10 years ago when we didn't have internet at home.
I have only recently learned the other abbreviations of UGC, like CS, CFR, CT, and something else I forgot.

To prevent myself from going off topic (again);

I would love to become a guest in someone's park, but I would mainly play with my own parks. I can't rule out being a guest in someone's park, because that might be really great, but I only don't know that yet. Maybe it will even be just as great as this forum! [big grin]

Last edited:
DLC :
Or Downloadable Content is additional new single content created for a game (often new character, new map, new object, new skin), which can be download. DLC may be free (in this case, is simply a Patch or Update, nothing more) or paid, usually in the form of micropayment or credit card payments.

Theoretically, an Expansion, or UGC are DLC, but the term "DLC" is used by the gaming community (and the industry) to usually designate "single paying content" (like one new map, or one new weapon). The generalization of this practice can sometimes involves the delivery of an incomplete video game, forcing the player to pay for what he would have obtained for free with simple updates. The "quality/price ratio" of DLC varies greatly from one to the other, and often not in favor of consumers (most of the time the game is cut into pieces in order to generate more money, faster, and therefore please the shareholders)

-----------------

Expansion :
Sometime called Expansion Pack too, as the name suggests, it's the will of the developper/publisher to extend the gaming experience, adding a new pack, with more content in a game but also sometimes new tools, or new stories. Expansions usually offer a better price/quality ratio (although some exceptions exist) and have a better image than the DLC as they add content in greater quantity and not just new 3D objects but also additional features.

Generally, an expansion is developed by the same development studio (and sometimes by a third-party company), it generally require the original game in order to play (with few exceptions called Stand-alone Expansion), and the price of an expansion is usually less than that of the original game (approximately half, to give an average). Games with many expansions often begin selling as Bundle (A package containing the original game and some expansions, and when no more expansions will be produced, publishers creates what is called a Legendary Edition (sometimes Gold Edition, but it is a little less "fashionable") containing the original game and every existing expansions for this game).
For exemple "RCT3 - Soaked" and "RCT3 - Wild" are expansions of "RCT3".
(Board games may have expansions too, using the same model)

-----------------

UGC :
UGC, or User Generated Content, are simply objects created by players (using a third-party 3D modeling software) and imported in the game. These objects can be added directly in the game (which requires to touch to the code a little), or in a library (provision by the developer/publisher or a third-party company, in the case of a partnership, like Steam with the SteamWorkshop for example)

UGC are divided into several categories, and the terms used are :
- CSO= Custom Scenery Objects
- CTR = Custom Track Ride
- CFR= Custom Flat Ride

Thank you Angelis for covering this question in more detail. I was aware of some of the terms used, but just wasn't sure what DLC actually meant. So to all of you who commented on my post, again thank you. [big grin]

So I just experienced how awesome this could be a few days ago when I played Roblox with my son. We tried a map called "ROBLOX Point - Theme Park". It is a theme park with roller coasters and other rides created in ROBLOX.

Even with the primitive graphics, the sense of actually being in a theme park and experiencing rides and areas for the first time was almost as fun as it would be in real life. It was also great to be able to be in the park with other real people from around the world. It was fun getting on the rides and riding them with my son (both of us in the same room on two different computers.) It was also cool that you can play from 3rd person or 1st person view.

Also, another thing that was really great about this that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that you start off at ground level at the entrance. You have to explore to find all the rides! It's great to download someone else's park, but there's something realistic about having to explore from first person rather than seeing the whole thing from a top-down view.

Seriously, this could open this game up to a whole new level. Think about creating park maps, placing direction signs, unique souvenirs you could add to a "trophy" collection, specific missions, etc. Even the idea of "working" at the park rather than visiting it. Operate the rides, be the entertainer, security guard, janitor, etc.

Developers, please make this happen and this game might be bigger than imagined.

[...] Also, another thing that was really great about this that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that you start off at ground level at the entrance. You have to explore to find all the rides! It's great to download someone else's park, but there's something realistic about having to explore from first person rather than seeing the whole thing from a top-down view.

[...]
A very (very very) big +1

This is exactly this kind of thing that will make the difference between a good game and a game that goes beyond the 10/15 million sales in the end, and makes dream everyone, including players who are not part of the target audience. A few features like that (one or two for any target : "managers, designers and explorers", "casual & hardcore gamers" , "men & women", "kids & adults", and "modders") and this can be as powerful as "The Sims"

Fingers crossed for that !!!!

A very (very very) big +1

This is exactly this kind of thing that will make the difference between a good game and a game that goes beyond the 10/15 million sales in the end, and makes dream everyone, including players who are not part of the target audience. A few features like that (one or two for any target : "managers, designers and explorers", "casual & hardcore gamers" , "men & women", "kids & adults", and "modders") and this can be as powerful as "The Sims"

Fingers crossed for that !!!!

I could not agree any more - well said both. Put the foundation in and build upon it, the possibilities are endless.

Also, another thing that was really great about this that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that you start off at ground level at the entrance. You have to explore to find all the rides! It's great to download someone else's park, but there's something realistic about having to explore from first person rather than seeing the whole thing from a top-down view.

Seriously, this could open this game up to a whole new level. Think about creating park maps, placing direction signs, unique souvenirs you could add to a "trophy" collection, specific missions, etc. Even the idea of "working" at the park rather than visiting it. Operate the rides, be the entertainer, security guard, janitor, etc.

That´s exactely how I imagine visiting someone else´s park. I love the idea of adding signs and parkmaps for real visitors who explore the whole area.
I hope we can upload our own parkmap images. Or Frontier could add an in-game parkmap-creator.

A First Person Mode with the ability to use all the rides an maybe even the stalls would be awesome!

Nerdgasm%2B01.jpg

Me

Top Bottom