Some cool information

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just got this message from Facebook Planet Coaster:
Hello, if I purchase Coaster Head Special edition do I also get access to the alpha and betas?

12:50
At this moment in time no, this does not grant access to the Alpha and Beta phases of the game. We're currently investigating upgrade paths for the Coaster Head Edition to also get access to the Alphas, but there is no news on this just yet.-Dale

#hype
there are more than 1 alpha phases and more beta phases ;)

I hope this is a (very bad) joke !!! [mad]

I have not paid for "several Alpha and Beta", but for an "Early Access" (between March and release date ) !!! [mad][mad][mad]

"Alpha and Beta" ?
This comes out of where ? [bored]

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey guys,

Sorry for any confusion caused here. Let me clarify.

The game is due to go into an alpha test in March and will continue to see development through to release. The early bird edition gives you access to the game in March and all the way through till release and includes the full game at release.

The Coaster Head Club includes the T-Shirt, Wrist band and access behind the scenes to Q&A's Extended dev diaries, extra content and more stuff. It also includes the full game at release. However, currently does not include the early access in March. However, we are hoping to have an upgrade from Coaster Head so you can also get just the early access too. More news to follow.

I hope that helps clarify the products.

Hey guys,

The game is due to go into an alpha test in March and will continue to see development through to release. The early bird edition gives you access to the game in March and all the way through till release and includes the full game at release.

The Coaster Head Club includes the T-Shirt, Wrist band and access behind the scenes to Q&A's Extended dev diaries, extra content and more stuff. It also includes the full game at release. However, currently does not include the early access in march. However, we are hoping to have an upgrade from Coaster Head so you can also get just the early access too. More news to follow.

Thanks for making this clear. We all were in a worry.
I hope you enjoy the day.

@ Zac Antaonci: I want to buy Planet Coaster (with Early Access), but only if I can activate the serial code on Steam. Do you have information about that?

I think many players would have this information. Without information, people will wait until it's comfirmed.
If it is a yes or no (comfirmed by Frontier), people will pre-order Planet Coaster.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

The Coaster Head Club includes the T-Shirt, Wrist band and access behind the scenes to Q&A's Extended dev diaries, extra content and more stuff. It also includes the full game at release. However, currently does not include the early access in March. However, we are hoping to have an upgrade from Coaster Head so you can also get just the early access too. More news to follow.

Then talk about a bundle (a package that includes Coaster Head Club and Early Access) and not "alphas".

Seriously, thanks to clarify, but damn guys, you turn something simple into something complicated just because you are playing with words (alpha, beta, early bird, ...).
It's been several times that I repeat, but no one listens. This starts to be boring [mad]

Please stop talking about Alpha, it's not an Alpha, it's not a Beta, it's a not a Omega, or something else, it's a simple EARLY ACCESS !!! It's simple, clear, everybody understand even if you do not know the functioning of the video game industry (early access mean early access, period). So please, stop about Alpha/Beta ! Seriously ! What's wrong in the head of the marketing team ? And why do you call it "Early Bird" ??? It's a marketing term (that I use during working meetings with my staff). Make things simple and do not talk to the consumer with marketing terms. Come one ...

Anyway, now that you have broken the head to everyone with your long list of products, just like it's Kickstarter (what is done is done, so no more about it) at least, change your packages names (for something more simple and clear) and make a simple bundle :

This is the actual mess :

Games
- Planet Coaster Pre-Order €26.99
- Planet Coaster Early Bird Pass €67.99
- Planet Coaster: Coaster Head Edition - Pre-Order €60.99

Game Extras
- Coaster Head Club Membership €34.00
- Planet Coaster VIP Single Ticket €14.00
- Planet Coaster VIP Group Ticket €54.00
- Planet Coaster VIP Staff Pass €135.00
- Planet Coaster VIP Park Foundation Stone €675.00

Just change it into :

Games
- Planet Coaster - Pre-Order €26.99
- Planet Coaster - Pre-Order + Early Access €67.99
- Planet Coaster - Pre-Order + Early Access + VIP Membership €101.99

Game Extras
- Planet Coaster VIP - Coaster Head Club €34.00
- Planet Coaster VIP - Single Ticket €14.00
- Planet Coaster VIP - Group Ticket €54.00
- Planet Coaster VIP - VIP Staff Pass €135.00
- Planet Coaster VIP - Park Foundation Stone €675.00

And I'm not even talking about forced goodies (like a T-shirt)

... You welcome [mad]

It's not against you Zac, but this makes me mad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then talk about a bundle (a package that includes Coaster Head Club and Early Access) and not "alphas".

Seriously, thanks to clarify, but damn guys, you turn something simple into something complicated just because you are playing with words (alpha, beta, early bird, ...).
It's been several times that I repeat, but no one listens. This starts to be boring [mad]

Please stop talking about Alpha, it's not an Alpha, it's not a Beta, it's a not a Omega, or something else, it's a simple EARLY ACCESS !!! It's simple, clear, everybody understand even if you do not know the functioning of the video game industry (early access mean early access, period). So please, stop about Alpha/Beta ! Seriously ! What's wrong in the head of the marketing team ? And why do you call it "Early Bird" ??? It's a marketing term (that I use during working meetings with my staff). Make things simple and do not talk to the consumer with marketing terms. Come one ...

Anyway, now that you have broken the head to everyone with your long list of products, just like it's Kickstarter (what is done is done, so no more about it) at least, change your packages names (for something more simple and clear) and make a simple bundle :

This is the actual mess :

Just change it into :

And I'm not even talking about forced goodies (like a T-shirt)

... You welcome [mad]

It's not against you Zac, but this makes me mad.

Could it not articulate better [up]

Last edited by a moderator:
OK but what about those of us who bought the Early Entry and would love to be involved in the Coaster Head Club and just can't justify buying both so I chose Early Entry so I could start playing but it was a hard decision because I would also love to be part of the process.

Regularly the more you pay the more you get BUT here it is different. A lot of People thought that the Early Version = Game + Head + Early Access, but NO there is nothing like that.
Maybe some time later...

If they NOT call it ALPHA. What can happen? We saw @ RCTW that they killed himself when they called it a BETA Test. Frontier call it an ALPHA, just to clarify the state of the Game at the time, when you get access. If they Just say "Early Access" then no one can imagine how far the game is in Development. An Early Acces can be a Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta, Realease Candidate etc....

With "ALPHA" we all knew, that there will be Bugs, maybe some incomplete Features and a long way of further Developement and new Stuff ahead. With just "Early Access" some, or at least many people will start to complain, in the fact, they thought there should be more and a nearly complete Game with nearly Complete Content...

In my eyes, Frontier have the absolutely right way of declaration for the Software-status.

If they NOT call it ALPHA. What can happen? We saw @ RCTW that they killed himself when they called it a BETA Test. Frontier call it an ALPHA, just to clarify the state of the Game at the time, when you get access. If they Just say "Early Access" then no one can imagine how far the game is in Development. An Early Acces can be a Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta, Realease Candidate etc....

With "ALPHA" we all knew, that there will be Bugs, maybe some incomplete Features and a long way of further Developement and new Stuff ahead. With just "Early Access" some, or at least many people will start to complain, in the fact, they thought there should be more and a nearly complete Game with nearly Complete Content...

In my eyes, Frontier have the absolutely right way of declaration for the Software-status.
Nope. I think you dont understand ... this is NOT an alpha-test here.

Pre-Alpha (or Prototype) :
A pre-alpha is a first draft of the application. It is generally a version that is presented (a demo) to potential investors.
it's not even public. Never, never, never ... So useless to talk about it !
- Price : Nope

Alpha-Test :
Alpha-Test is a "serie of tests" of an incomplete basic form of the game, usually only used internally. At this stage, it's not even "a game", it's full of bugs, it's more a "work in progress" version for the developpers themselves. In case alpha is publicly available (very very unlikely, but that happens sometimes), it's always free (because it is really annoying to do bugs reporting) and that is private (a very small group of people, generally, people close to the development team).
- Price : No price / Private

Bêta-Test :
Bêta-test is a "serie of tests" of a 80% complete game : the external testing phase. The beta test allows to test the game (by professionals or volunteers/amateurs) to test all program features and to track down and refer to the team all remaining errors they can be corrected in the final version. These are always short-term (hours to weeks) and may be as much "open" than "closed" (according to developers).
- Price : 0 € (Volunteer work)

Early-Access
Early Access is a stage where consumers can pay to-have access to an unfinished release of a game, for a smaller amount than the normal price of the game, which allows players to play before the other (at the time of purchase until the release date) and in exchange, the developers receive feedbacks, suggestions and some bug reports.
- Price : Between 0 € (for indies games) and 60 € (for scammers big studios). Generally around 15-20€

Release :
The final game, after all testing phases, or after the Early Access.
- Price : Between 39€ and 59€ for any "Day-one AAA games" on PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) / Between 49€ and 69€ for any "Day-one AAA games" on Consoles

Furthermore : When you order a game on Steam, in Early Access, here is what is written :

ijxlfvb.png

I dont care if RCTW call it Bêta, or if PlanetCoaster call it Alpha, because it is neither one nor the other : it's an Early Access ! A totally overpriced Early Access, but still (at least, that is sold like this, and that's why I bought)

They REALLY must stop calling things by a name that does not represent the reality (I'm not talkign only about Frontier, but everyone).
Firstly because it's the best way to take a lawsuit in the face. Secondly because to do something "complicated" when one can do "simple" makes absolutly no sense. Third, because it's bad for business (when the target does not understand what we want to sell it). Fourth, because words have meaning, an etymological definition, and more importantly : a history.

Early means Early, Access means Access !
Simple, short, efficient !

For now, it's overpriced, but there is still time to make things simpler !

Oh and I dont care if i'm the horrible killjoy of the forum, spending his time yelling, because someone should say something. I'm not like an Apple fan, always saying "WOOOOW, Amazing, a $1000 new phone, TAKE MY MONEY". If something is wrong, I say it ! And here, many things are wrong : The way you names your products, the number of products, and the prices. Because yes, I'm sorry, but I dont want to pay 53,99 € for the next PlanetCoaster expansion, after paying more than 100,00 € for the Early Access, a t-shirt and a forum access.

I say this because you had the nerve to propose the last Elite Dangerous expansion at this price, something I found out by writing this message. And in Early Access to top it all (making it one of the most expensive expansion of video game history I think : you can check here !!!)
(http://store.steampowered.com/app/419270/)

Am I worried ? Yes, a lot !!!
And apparently I have good reason to be !

(sorry for the long post)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom