General / Off-Topic Guess that Ride

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
While we are all waiting to get our hands on designing a coaster, here is a way to exercise our imaginations and learn about other Parks. So I will post a picture of a ride either past or present with no title and you will have to guess what ride it is and the Park it's at. The one who posts the picture will decide the winner and the winner get's to post his/hers picture of a ride and the contest continues on....So here's the first pic and it
may be easy or hard for ya'll, let's see[big grin]

matterhornbasketballcourt.jpg

While we are all waiting to get our hands on designing a coaster, here is a way to exercise our imaginations and learn about other Parks. So I will post a picture of a ride either past or present with no title and you will have to guess what ride it is and the Park it's at. The one who posts the picture will decide the winner and the winner get's to post his/hers picture of a ride and the contest continues on....So here's the first pic and it
may be easy or hard for ya'll, let's see[big grin]

http://www.invisiblethemepark.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/matterhornbasketballcourt.jpg

This is such a cool game! Thank you Dan Best [squeeeeee]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Yay! OK, this is one of my favorites. Actually going to buy a LEGO one next month...

Image.jpg

A quick guesse I think it is in Wallibi Holland cause that entrance of the attraction and it is the ferriswheel of Wallibi Holland. Am I correct?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
A quick guesse I think it is in Wallibi Holland cause that entrance of the attraction and it is the ferriswheel of Wallibi Holland. Am I correct?

Yes you are correct. [happy]
The name of the ferris wheel is La Grande Roue and indeed it is in Walibi Holland.

You almost got it! it isn't in Paris. And Paris doesn't have a Magic Kingdom it is called Disneyland Parc.
Yep.

Paris have two parks : "Disneyland Parc" and "Walt Disney Studios", a village called "Disney Village", and 7 "Disney Hotels" forming the complex called "Disneyland Resort Paris"

I learn something new everyday. So I got it half right and now know the answer so I guess I'll post the next pic. This is a harder one...
597eca5d0edfd6655144eb19a1455eef.jpg

Yep.

Paris have two parks : "Disneyland Parc" and "Walt Disney Studios", a village called "Disney Village", and 7 "Disney Hotels" forming the complex called "Disneyland Resort Paris"

Do you know how big is Disneyland Paris? Before I was there a few times I looked at google maps for the route and I recognized a Hugh circle of street around that park. What does that mean? The borders of their future parks?

Do you know how big is Disneyland Paris? Before I was there a few times I looked at google maps for the route and I recognized a Hugh circle of street around that park. What does that mean? The borders of their future parks?
Disneyland Resort Paris has a huge place where they can build and that circle of roads is the end of that region.
"Everything where the light (roads) touches is our kingdom!" -Mufasa {Lion King}

Oh this is story. (just an old story told by my uncle, impossible to know if it's true)

At the time, when the Disney company still hesitating between France and Spain to build his park, they immagine build a park in the shape of the mickey head.
When our country won the battle (for many reason, one of this reason is because the government has proposed to give, for free, a dedicated "Disney TVG station", the extension of a metro line directly from Paris, and a highway junction), then they start to build "the mickey head". (apparently, they abandoned this pharaonic project)

At first, we know they want to build a third park (similar to EPCOT) but it's now compromised (for financial reasons, but also technical)

This can explain the big circle maybe [rolleyes]

uFGmwuL.jpg

Anyway, to answer your question, the complex is more than 20km², but Walt Disney own "only" (still a huge part) 40% of the company between this "financial structure". (There is also the french gouvernment, a US bank, a Saudi Arabian businessman, and many other I dont know) And this is why, you can thing "non-disney" things, like a big supermarket with more than 100 differents stores (bottom of the circle) for exemple.

If the financial situation allows it, we could have a third park without any problem (they have all the necessary space) but the future investments will be for the land and attractions "StarWars", so it's not for now ...

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom