[DW2] How many have dropped off?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I dunno, two years (or 1.5, depending on how you look at it) isn't unreasonable for a major expansion. I'd hate for that to be the reason that people give up on the expedition. :( However it is a long journey, and I totally understand if people don't want to cross the far side. It's a lot more distance than just heading into the core, since the bubble isn't out on the southern edge. Getting into the core is enough of time commitment that I totally understand when people don't want to go further.

I feel your pain, it's al good scanning systems doing decent exploration, but to keep up you first need to have a different mindset, jump, refuel, jump, refuel and over and over.
Most ships can do a repeat in about 90 secs, at most 2 mins. It depends on what you want to do, if your going to look for THMC's your never going to catch up, WW & ELW are less common but do provide a substantial reward, and you can isolate those on the FSS.
As long as you have at least 1 AFMU, 2 would be great, you can use neutron jumping, it's not that bad and you can jump some serious distances, just don't forget to refuel.
I did WP8-WP9 in a day, some 7,500+Lys with a 61LY jump range.
If you need help ask on the discord forums in Mobius, or if your in the offical roster, Fleetcom.

As mearmortal said, it all depends on your exploration style at the time.
On DW2 I have done 2000 LYs , 33 jumps, in 2 hours(stop for anything), and in 25 mins(WW and ELW only). Depends on what I investigate in the FSS.

I fly with the DW2 for the first time further than just behind SAG A*.
Nevertheless, I have already done some expeditions, which kept me busy longer, and therefore I will complete the DW2 completely.

I hope that I will be able to survive the expedition without an accident.
That means either to meet a Ganker/Griefer and not to be able to escape, or that I run out of fuel. (But it has never happened to me before).
The worst thing I could imagine is that I can't find my way back from a system because I lack a little jump range, but I've never experienced that before.

Fly Safe
Columbus

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Well I'm finding far less time to game now that I'm out of work, than when I was in full time employment. Sounds crazy. But I signed up for Uni and been flat stick learning all month. I think I fired up the game for a couple hours so I could take part in the CG and that was it.

I still find the FSS gives me the pip far too often and is NEVER a joy. Not that glancing at the system map was particularly joyful, but it was quick :/

Then the announcement about basically not much happening for a year. I guess my motivation slumped just as shiney new things to learn came along.

Been to Beagle a couple of times already so really not sure what I'll do. Could grab an AFMU (assuming they're available at the Anchorage) and neutron and Bucky ball back to the fleet. Could just stay and Anchorage and just abandon the game for a few weeks/months. Not sure yet.

But the CG's were nice to do and the POI's have been awesome, so if I do end up giving into burn out, it's not because the expedition has been failing.... Quite the contrary.

I dunno, two years (or 1.5, depending on how you look at it) isn't unreasonable for a major expansion. I'd hate for that to be the reason that people give up on the expedition. :( However it is a long journey, and I totally understand if people don't want to cross the far side. It's a lot more distance than just heading into the core, since the bubble isn't out on the southern edge. Getting into the core is enough of time commitment that I totally understand when people don't want to go further.

I've been at BP two times, so it isn't about the distance. I didn't give up on the expedition - I gave up on playing Elite for now, which is quite sad. I have limited gaming time, so I'm now looking into new experiences like Skyrim VR, and actually enjoying a vastly different competitve gameplay in World of Warships. Though I will be probably back occasionally, and will follow the news about the new expansion.

At the end I've got a fair bit of entertainment out of the current content. However, the major expansion isn't 1.5 or 2 years of waiting - 2016 was meant to be the year of the next major expansion. Time flew by, and then came Beyond, which was meant to be a stop-gap-year of fixing gameplay before the next major expansion. Hence late 2020 for me was a major disappointment.

I'm curious how many PS4 players have come back to the Bubble, because it's mighty empty right now. Granted, we don't have any CGs to "gather the masses", but even the hotspots like Jameson, starter systems, and Engineering bases are very quiet for a game that supposedly has over 1000 players online during peak hours. I had to pay to play in Open (stupid Sony), so y'all need to come back so I can shoot at say "Hi" to you!

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
... or that I run out of fuel. (But it has never happened to me before).
Kolumbus, even if you do run out of fuel, that doesn't have to end your expedition! Just go to fuelrats.com, click on the red 'Get Help' button and one of us many Fuel Rats also on the expedition will come to your aid! Fly safely commander! o7

I've been at BP two times, so it isn't about the distance. I didn't give up on the expedition - I gave up on playing Elite for now, which is quite sad. I have limited gaming time, so I'm now looking into new experiences like Skyrim VR, and actually enjoying a vastly different competitve gameplay in World of Warships. Though I will be probably back occasionally, and will follow the news about the new expansion.

At the end I've got a fair bit of entertainment out of the current content. However, the major expansion isn't 1.5 or 2 years of waiting - 2016 was meant to be the year of the next major expansion. Time flew by, and then came Beyond, which was meant to be a stop-gap-year of fixing gameplay before the next major expansion. Hence late 2020 for me was a major disappointment.

I agree with your assessment and to me who has been playing since release the game is running worse than ever. Very annoying bugs, shudders, etc have made the game a lot less enjoyable and it looks like they are clearly ignoring these facts and throwing around a couple years wait. At the very least fix what you have and optimize it as much as possible.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen medical issues, I've been stuck at the anchorage for the last couple of weeks, but I should be catching up this week in time to hit up the abyss.

Kolumbus, even if you do run out of fuel, that doesn't have to end your expedition! Just go to fuelrats.com, click on the red 'Get Help' button and one of us many Fuel Rats also on the expedition will come to your aid! Fly safely commander! o7
Thank You, i knew the Fuelrats.
But i hope, i never need to call....

I'm back on the road again! Time to see if I can catch up with the main body!

Next stop... Sagittarius A*!!

Hm... only 344 more jumps to go...

Let's see, last session I averaged about fifteen systems an hour because I want to explore, so it'll take me about 23 hours. If I average about five hours a week, then... I'm only five week away. :eek:

I still find the FSS gives me the pip far too often and is NEVER a joy. Not that glancing at the system map was particularly joyful, but it was quick :/

Attachments

• doesnotsparkjoy.PNG
    doesnotsparkjoy.PNG
    189 KB · Views: 248
I'm on my way to WP9 currently and 30 jumps away. I lost my ship 2 times now (First one forced to self destruct in CSI-12-17112 due to lack of jump-range (70 instead of 75 needed) -> re-start at Omega mining and the other one on last saturday, as I've stopped in a system btw. WP8 and WP9 for the night -> next morning: your ship has been destroyed -> re-start at Explorer's Anchorage -> this one was much harder because of millions of credits of exploration data lost due to my own stupidity) -> Now rushing to WP9 to catch up the fleet o7

Last edited:
I'm back on the road again! Time to see if I can catch up with the main body!

Next stop... Sagittarius A*!!

Hm... only 344 more jumps to go...

Let's see, last session I averaged about fifteen systems an hour because I want to explore, so it'll take me about 23 hours. If I average about five hours a week, then... I'm only five week away. :eek:
With only that much average playtime, you could probably still catch up before the expedition ends if you use neutron stars.
As an added bonus, they usually don't have much in the way of bodies, but when they do, the system might be somewhat interesting. Then there are the refuelling stops along the way.

With only that much average playtime, you could probably still catch up before the expedition ends if you use neutron stars.
As an added bonus, they usually don't have much in the way of bodies, but when they do, the system might be somewhat interesting. Then there are the refuelling stops along the way.
I'm not too fussed about actually trying to catch up. I went into this assuming I'd be one of the stragglers. I am, however, using neutron stars. The main cause of me not being able to keep up is that I keep stopping to explore systems. What a world, huh? :D

I took a week off from DW2 to collect some needed items in the Bubble, then buckyballed my way back. Shinrarta -> Explorer's Anchorage in 3h 34m. Not a game record, but good time. Slightly over 5h to make it all the way to WP10. Done with a 75-LY Jumpaconda and neutron star boosting.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom