Report issues using the Issue Tracker

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

We are now excited to launch our new Issue Tracker! The Issue Tracker replaces our Bug Reporting forums and can be accessed here:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/

To report a bug simply log in with your regular Frontier account and click 'Submit Report'. You'll then be given all the steps you need to let us know about any issues you have experienced.

On this site you can:
  • Submit issues
  • Follow the status of your reports
  • See which issues have been reported by others
  • Vote on which issues matter most to you
  • Search for specific reports
  • Help contribute towards existing issues
With the launch of our new Issue Tracker the Bug Reporting forums will now be archived and all reports will now use the Issue Tracker.

Thank you for all your support so far and for helping raise awareness of the issues that are affecting your gameplay!

Last edited:
I did a search for "shadows" and nothing came up, so I'll assume this has been fixed in the upcoming patch ;)

Seriously though, I'm guessing it's best to wait until the next patch drops before resubmitting bugs that didn't make it over from the old system.

The vote system is designed to let you highlight what's most important to you, not determine what gets fixed and what doesn't. Reports will still be reviewed, the votes just help us if we need to prioritize.

whats important to one CMDR is irrelevant to the next 10

i have huge concerns with this as major bugs affecting the minority will get swept under the carpet (like the already do "Dolphin heat bug since launch" while resources are swept into paint pack fixes and "oh my bobble head dont wobble" fixes

you conveniently deleted or hidden the known issues log where it was confirmed by Fdev in this car crash of a forum update.

Last edited:
Just like the Frontier login option on the forums, this is inaccessible via many corporate networks, as frontierstore.net is blocked. I know it's unlikely anyone would want to report bugs from their place of work, after all they'd probably need screenshots etc. so they would probably post from their gaming machine, but it's possible they might want to monitor their bug reports, search for others, etc.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
whats important to one CMDR is irrelevant to the next 10

i have huge concerns with this as major bugs affecting the minority will get swept under the carpet (like the already do "Dolphin heat bug since launch" while resources are swept into paint pack fixes and "oh my bobble head dont wobble" fixes

The Issue Tracker is designed to make it so that issues are more visible, so you can follow their progress. Whilst voting will help highlight things of important to larger groups of people it's not intended to result in any other issues being ignored.

The Issue Tracker is designed to make it so that issues are more visible, so you can follow their progress. Whilst voting will help highlight things of important to larger groups of people it's not intended to result in any other issues being ignored.
Your FAQ states, "When the number of contributions to an issue reaches a threshold, an issue is then marked as confirmed. The issue can then be voted on, this is how the community can tell us that an issue is an important issue affecting a number of people. The issue will then be investigated by Frontier."

This seems to clearly imply that you will not investigate issues that don't reach a "critical mass" of votes.

Your FAQ states, "When the number of contributions to an issue reaches a threshold, an issue is then marked as confirmed. The issue can then be voted on, this is how the community can tell us that an issue is an important issue affecting a number of people. The issue will then be investigated by Frontier."

This seems to clearly imply that you will not investigate issues that don't reach a "critical mass" of votes.

exactly as above +1 million and there is already a known list of "confirmed" issues in the known issues log which has been swept well and truly into the archive now as its non existent so i cant link the well known dolphin heat bug anymore, not to mention other well known bugs.

heres the "ooops" link

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/342202-Dolphin-Overheats?p=6484656#post6484656

exactly as above +1 million and there is already a known list of "confirmed" issues in the known issues log which has been swept well and truly into the archive now as its non existent so i cant link the well known dolphin heat bug anymore, not to mention other well known bugs.

I'll vote for your Dolphin bug if you vote for my corrupted shadow bug ;)

In fact, if enough people vote for my shadow bug, I promise to never to mention Elephant Butt Leather ever again! I need to start a campaign :D

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier

We will still be investigating reports even if they don't get all the votes. The votes highlight the issues you care about, not to determine what is investigated and what is not.

Edit: Thanks for highlighting the text in the FAQ, we're looking at making it clearer.

Hmmm, you really need a search option to list confirmed bugs then.....

I did just add my confirmation onto a bug, but it didn't reveal any new options, so ... 🤷‍♀️

As a new system the reports currently listed are 'Confirming' not 'Confirmed'. Once enough people have added their confirmation they will update to confirmed and you'll be able to vote.

To add to this: We'll also be looking at reports even if they haven't received enough confirmations to be listed as 'confirmed'.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
5 reports on a page! I mean, how user friendly is this supposed to be? Please, please, look at a way of making the view more compact. If I am looking at the bugs for a game I don't need half the screen (including scrolling) to be taken up by huge banners.

If you want people to engage properly with this then they have to want to use it.

Top Bottom