ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

Simply: no. Placing unnecessarily high time and dedication requirements only guarantees a certain demographic, namely the basement-dwelling teens and manchilds with little or no real world responsibilities. This obviously (gamergate, anyone?) is more likely to have a negative impact on the quality of the community.

Unless you're the said demographic and think you're more deserving than the rest, who by the way outnumber you by a hefty margin and are thus more relevant from a business perspective.

Luckily, this not a binary choice. In fact, the holy grail of game mechanics is the "easy to learn, hard to master" kind. Very hard to get right, though.
I feel its pretty obvious this person's a gate keeper, so we both know what demographic they are.

I must say, I'm glad with the timing of the anouncement. I just docked after a few months in the black, and was planning on heading out again this week. Now I think I'll stay in the bubble and grind some combat until the release, so I can update my ships before another long sojourn. Thinking about finally, finally making the pilgrimage to Sag A*.

Oh damn! Yesterday, a friend of mine would have loved to have that Advanced Docking Computer for Undocking. :D With a cargohold of Painite worth around 150 million, he got stuck in the mailslot on the way out (we were going to another system for selling at max profit) and he got blown up by the Starport defence lasers. :(

Today, though, we both got together and made it so that he not only got back what he lost, but came out ontop with little over 250 mil in profit.

Anyways... I really like what I am reading in the OP; QOL for sure, and when that update drops, I have a an accounts to reset to experience the new player experience. :)

Thanks Will and Devs!

Why is "remove the module" not a valid argument, especially seeing as it's the only one based on solid fact here?
It would be a totally valid argument if you were responding to someone shouting "oh noes! Frontier is personally forcing me to use auto dock!" but what people are saying is "oh noes! Frontier are establishing automation as the primary default way of doing something! This doesn't bode well!"

The old "don't use it" retort is meaningless here.

HUD colours for consoles is a must to further immerse experience and custom ships. I would gladly pay for this too.
Please stop paying for stuff that should be free. Publishers/Devs will start charging $5 for every shade of red if enough people think like that. I too want HUD Colors to be customizable like (Freelancer 2). But will not pay for colors for a game I paid $80 for. I mean think about it, red is #FF0000.

Questions - are the beginner systems current systems that have been marked off for beginners, or have you created new planets for beginners? What's the lore / mechanic that prevents Elite pilots from entering these systems?

I am actually assuming it's an entirely separate area out of the current galaxy, it appears so according to the blurb;

A new collection of systems has been added for newly-created Commanders,

They can't just mingle a new collection of systems in with our own due to the stellar forge and conflicts with current systems, they would inevitably cross over with existing systems, so sort of like the training mission system at the moment, but expanded to a set of systems and compulsory for new players.....or is it just new CMDRS, do experienced players starting off a new CMDR or new save get put there as well? Now that's an interesting question.

Great update, looking forward to a few of the new features.

But I am now confused. Many of the 'experts' here in the forums, you know, those that seem to know everything, have categorically stated the game is in maintenance mode. I always thought that mode meant nothing new was being made, but by golly, here we are getting new features. Wonder if they will admit they were wrong …..

Top Bottom