Civil unrest - Sol

If you're after a "lore reason" why civil unrest is happening, well, there isn't really one. Civil Unrest is a background simulation (BGS) state, caused by players destroying NPC Police/Navy ships. For Civil Unrest to occur in the ruling faction of a large, relatively stable system like Sol, there must be a lot of players attacking the cops there.

It is affecting stations run by the ruling faction of the system, Mother Gaia. This affects:
  • Two of the three stations orbiting Earth
  • The stations orbiting the Moon, Mercury, Io (Jupiter) and Titan (Saturn).
  • The system generally (near-Sol space, deep space, shipping lanes, the nav beacon and uninhabited planets/moons)

Stations unaffected are:
  • Li Qing Jao, orbiting Earth
  • the outpost orbiting Venus
  • The station orbiting Mars
  • All surface ports.

ok...dunno why that's your conclusion..there are a few things that can lead to civil unrest
one of the more common ones is plain and simply cmdr's making credits....
besides types of cargo deliveries that can affect, there is one that is always good for credits, very popular and non-bgs players pretty much have no idea or even care, but...passengers...
deliver terrorists, refugees, prisoners, protesters and see how that goes...
And more...but that's probably the most common stuff.
available mission types and traffic can give a better idea/clue as to what is actually causing the unrest.

It can't be "deliver passenger" missions, or "deliver cargo" or "deliver data" missions either, because Sol is permit-locked, and you never get cargo or passenger mission destinations in permit-locked systems. Sol is a terribly unprofitable system for mission-running, because while there are always plenty of missions outbound from Sol, all the trips back in to Sol are "dead-headers" because no-one ever offers missions to go there.

I believe PMF is not allowed in Sol but can players influence the system?

Absolutely, players can influence Sol. They can't force Elections to change control of assets (or the system as a whole) any more - asset control in Sol is now "locked in". And other factions in other systems (PMF or non-PMF) are blocked from Expanding into Sol. But the relative influence levels of the native Sol factions can still go up and down with player activity, and the other BGS states (civil unrest, outbreak, famine, boom etc) can all still happen in Sol system as a result of player actions.

sorry to disappoint, but there are such missions in SOL....they do not have to come from outside SOL.....as all missions, they are faction/station specific.
There are always missions for passengers that are local from faction to faction, station to station and in a case like SOL, they can be very damaging...I mean really, its one of the things that every faction in every system tries to do, is damage all the other local faction so they can become the controlling faction
As for the cargo, it does not have be done by mission in or out of SOL

as for the top 5 bounties....really meaningless, all that is, is a way to pass along info so Bounty Hunters can try to find criminal cmdrs...this was actually broken then missing for ages, since they restored it, it is sadly just a message box that lies a lot.

as an example I have over 50mil bounty on me in my systems, yet I have not killed one of my faction or any other of my local factions ships or any security ships. the bounty is from killing clean ships from factions that are not from my systems aka invaders...they invade, I kill them off, they retreat and I am left with a bounty that I do not ever intend to pay.

as for the top 5 bounties....really meaningless, all that is, is a way to pass along info so Bounty Hunters can try to find criminal cmdrs...this was actually broken then missing for ages, since they restored it, it is sadly just a message box that lies a lot.

as an example I have over 50mil bounty on me in my systems, yet I have not killed one of my faction or any other of my local factions ships or any security ships. the bounty is from killing clean ships from factions that are not from my systems aka invaders...they invade, I kill them off, they retreat and I am left with a bounty that I do not ever intend to pay.

They're not meaningless. One of many clues you can use to determine what's going on in a system.

That's quite the bounty, by the way! Where did you say you hung out these days?

FDev can put special rules in some systems like Sol and other to restrict players & BGS from changing their assets, etc. but they can't change a PMF's government type - pity.

its been quite a while since I have been in SOL and I never really did a lot there...Soo, currently visiting there...before I got there I did see black markets on Gaia stations....sooo, that is just about as bad as killing clean ships in regards to hurting a faction. the only places that can handle black markets are anarchist factions.
FWIW when you start killing sec and other clean ships, security is more inclined to increase..but there are several things that do cause security to decrease..
Most of the passenger missions are medical, refugees, prisoners, criminal masterminds...
There is also a large amount of drugs(narcotics), weapons, chemicals going into SOL...so...black market for some of that
over 3000 ships last 24hrs.

FDev can put special rules in some systems like Sol and other to restrict players & BGS from changing their assets, etc. but they can't change a PMF's government type - pity.
To be precise: they can change a faction's government type - they just don't as a matter of policy, presumably because of the potential for exploits if it was allowed.

To be precise: they can change a faction's government type - they just don't as a matter of policy, presumably because of the potential for exploits if it was allowed.

Are you saying they have changed it for a minor faction on a case by case situation? We submitted a ticket but FDev said they couldn't change our PMF's government type without some adverse effect on BGS.

Are you saying they have changed it for a minor faction on a case by case situation? We submitted a ticket but FDev said they couldn't change our PMF's government type without some adverse effect on BGS.
They have done it, but that was before they put in the policy that they wouldn't.

Same with putting PMFs into permit-locked systems, or rare goods systems, or similar - there's nothing stopping them doing it, they've just realised it was causing too many problems and stopped.

Top Bottom