Newcomer / Intro Stuck after Neutron Jump! SRV Mining help for FSD injection.

Hello all.

I have foolishly mangaged to jump to a system ~5000ly from home where I cannot return from following a neutron jump. it is 60+ly back to the neutron. I have all the materials bar 1 Polonium for a 100% FSD injection that will get me on my way again. I am in Phylucs ZV-b D14-1

The system I am in only has 2 landable planets with no rings/belts in the system.
It does not list polonium on the System Map or FSS scan.

Does anyone know if there is any chance whatsoever that I can get polonium from SVR mining? I am happy to spend the next few days 0.01% RNG grinding if need be.

Otherwise I will loose months of exploration data and may first discoveries. Frontier support have (quite righty) said they cannot help as it is an intended game mechanic to only have a temporary boost to FSD range. This was my first big exploration adventure and first time using neutron boosts, I have learnt a valuable lesson.......

You probably know, that there are 'green' systems in EDSM, that means they contain all the materials for jumponium. The system you are in is not in EDSM yet.
AFAIK if the planets/moons composition does not mention Polonium, it will not be generated. But I could be wrong. Before you give up, you could try. If you are extremely lucky, you may find a ships wreck which gives the material you need, but I think this is an extremely low chance.
Good luck anyway!

Shame you haven't uploaded the system data, so no way to see what is around there 🤷‍♀️

Contact the Fuel Rats and see what they think, sounds like you're stuffed unless you fancy badgering Support into moving you as certain nefarious CMDRs have (claim dying is "against your religion" 🤦‍♀️ )

That doesn't sound good - are there any other systems, perhaps ones you could reach with only a +50% jump, that are in range? (If you're also short on materials for +50% and +25%, and can't fill up on those in the system you're in first, it might be worth seeing if someone else can scout them for you)

As others have said, if it's not on the planetary composition, it's not showing up. Further, as a "very rare", it'll only show up from surface sites, never from asteroid mining.

Imagine this and also when a noob runs out of fuel and the Rats can get to him as he is in the nursery ????

Apart from it being upsetting, especially if you play out the entire death sequence, loosing a free Sidewinder isn’t that big a setback. So lack of experienced fuel rats in the new start areas isn’t a big issue.

dosent look like it can spawn..... I did find a wrecked SRV on each of the two worlds, but alas no Jumponium.

Self destruct in 3...2....1......

odds in that system sound like zero to none...
don't destruct...be patient.
what's your current jump range - aka your ships jump range... and conda?

and out of curiosity..any idea how many system you have scanned? or how long have you been out there exploring..?

Last edited:
about all anyone else can do is offer advice as we can't trade or otherwise exchange minerals..
but I ask about your ship and its range and also as Ian Doncaster mentioned, if you can manage basic or standard, then all that's left is to figure out from that how much more range you need to get to the closest system..
There looks to be several white dwarfs out around there, so that might be of some help if you can get to one...
And it will help to know your ship and its range.
if you can do basic or standard but are still short on range, depending on what ship you are in, you may be able to get the tiny extra range you need simply by using up fuel to bring your weight down to optimal which will then get you a tad further and hopefully not die from it or get into a worse location.
Lots of places around there look really good for Polonium(in case you will still need or need again..) problem is accuracy, there are a lot of places near you in eddb that look promising but no materials info for many in eddb.
Soo, the near empty fuel tank and basic or standard may save you
And if that does the trick and you now end up in a system with no fuel star, its still good, then at least fuel rats can help you.

Deleted member 38366

D
Hello all.

I have foolishly mangaged to jump to a system ~5000ly from home where I cannot return from following a neutron jump. it is 60+ly back to the neutron. I have all the materials bar 1 Polonium for a 100% FSD injection that will get me on my way again. I am in Phylucs ZV-b D14-1

The system I am in only has 2 landable planets with no rings/belts in the system.
It does not list polonium on the System Map or FSS scan.

Does anyone know if there is any chance whatsoever that I can get polonium from SVR mining? I am happy to spend the next few days 0.01% RNG grinding if need be.

Otherwise I will loose months of exploration data and may first discoveries. Frontier support have (quite righty) said they cannot help as it is an intended game mechanic to only have a temporary boost to FSD range. This was my first big exploration adventure and first time using neutron boosts, I have learnt a valuable lesson.......

It's pretty rare, but if the System spawns RNG planetary POIs , there's a theoretical chance of it having a wreck and a cargo rack.
Those cargo racks contain RNG Elements, which >can< be a G5 Element from time to time.

Problem is... you'd have to check out alot! of POIs and no guarantee this POI type even spawns so far outside the bubble.
One solution could be to have multiple winged players scan the Planets for POIs - and should it contain a POI w/ Cargo Rack, call in the "I need this!" Player and then hope for the best when the Cargo rack is shot open.

AFAIK that's the only way to attain Elements from places which otherwise do not contain a specific Element.

So you can try entering Glide repeatedly and let alot of Planetary Surface pass beneath you and look for blue POIs.
That'll give you 2500m/sec speed regardless of Ship type, just make sure you have Scanner Range set to maximum and don't exceed 25-30km Altitude (Blue POIs used not to show on the scanner above that Altitude, unsure if that's still the case... haven't chased POIs myself in a very long time).

It'll take an extreme amount of patience and frustration-tolerance though, especially when performed all alone.
Still, I believe that's your only shot at attaining the otherwise unavailable Element.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though it sounds good, I didn't suggest it at all because the odds of finding Polonium in a wreck cargo rack are so seriously slim....
But you are correct, its a possibility...

I take it the idea of jumping to the system then abandoning a couple of units of polonium won't work? (either as ship or srv}

I mean - I've got enough materials for 8 full power jumps, and my 'conda can jump 66ly without fsd boost.

there is no way to give micro materials to other players.
If you jettison, it will vanish instantly.
And FWIW, no, pretty sure fdev will not change that. originally we could trade or share, then they made it so you couldn't...
My Mats is at 100% full and I can do 79.9LY jumps in one of my condas that makes him under an hour away from me, all I would be able to do is scan places and find things for him to save time or give him repairs or fuel.
I am hoping he can do basic or standard fsd boost, combined with near empty fuel tank might work..if not, he's pretty much toast..
Sounds a bit like his ship does right around 60LY jumps and from what I can see in the map and eddb there are systems within 70LY. so mostly just need a response back from what we've asked so far.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies and ideas. i am in an asp x with ~38ly jump range.

there is nothing at all i could jump to - the nearest system is 68ly and required the top fsd injection.
i was exploring for about 6 weeks and had been mapping a significant number of undiscovered systems and probably 6 new ELW’s. i had 300,000CR in codex discoveries (50k each) so not too catastrophic. i estimate the exploration payout would have been 80-100Million CR.

i was about 1.5k LY above the plane and got caught in a void between the galaxy spiral arms.

i tried farming for several hours last night for wreck spawns of which i found 2 - but no luck. i decided to put this down to experience and self destruct. i am now back in the bubble refitting the aspX with the lessons from this first big expedition out of the bubble - much wiser, but still eager to get back out.

thanks again.

Thank you all for your replies and ideas. i am in an asp x with ~38ly jump range.

there is nothing at all i could jump to - the nearest system is 68ly and required the top fsd injection.
i was exploring for about 6 weeks and had been mapping a significant number of undiscovered systems and probably 6 new ELW’s. i had 300,000CR in codex discoveries (50k each) so not too catastrophic. i estimate the exploration payout would have been 80-100Million CR.

i was about 1.5k LY above the plane and got caught in a void between the galaxy spiral arms.

i tried farming for several hours last night for wreck spawns of which i found 2 - but no luck. i decided to put this down to experience and self destruct. i am now back in the bubble refitting the aspX with the lessons from this first big expedition out of the bubble - much wiser, but still eager to get back out.

thanks again.
You should have an invitation from Felicity Farseer, by now. Even if you decided to ignore engineers altogether, her long-range FSD mod is probably the most useful thing in the entire galaxy.

sorry to hear that.
AspX is a great ship, I have several.
Everyone does it their way, so...My preference for exploration is the conda.. it and the DBX have the best jump ranges. The conda can also do a bit extra jump with just the right amount of fuel left in its tank. And of course more than enough modules to be able to be out in the black forever and never worry about anything.

thanks again.
You have joined the great explorers that will tell you of similar experiences, commander. It's not the end. It's the beginning of a greater experience. And shortly your AspX will receive an extra slot (maybe two?) in the update next week, which will come in handy for repair modules, or something else. Meanwhile, engineer your ship's FSD to get as big a jump range as you can. :)

Top Bottom