Frontier Issues Tracker

There doesn't seem to be a way for me to see the issues I've voted for. Since I'm limited to 4 votes then don't I need to manage that? (i.e. choose the one to unvote when a higher priority ones comes along)
I was wrong - just uncheck the ones you voted on. As long as we only have 11 to choose from it should be fine.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Just found out that QA themselves are unable to move issues between games...

I was wrong - just uncheck the ones you voted on. As long as we only have 11 to choose from it should be fine.

There's 17 now and we definitely need more.

Hey all. Thanks for all the great feedback you've shared on the Issue Tracker. We've got lots of great ideas, thanks to you, for improvements we're looking into.

Can you give us an insight as to what these are going to be? My top list would be:

Better use of screen space
Allow us to edit our issues/comments
Add a way of seeing whether issues have been commented on (especially by QA) without going through and checking them individually
More votes
A way of seeing the issues you have voted on
Not having to enter your computer specs each time you create a report

This is obviously in its infancy at the moment, but when the next update is released this site is going to get hammered and it's just not up to it as it stands. I really hope you can give us an idea of the direction of travel and make the changes before the 23rd

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Has anyone had QA reply to their bug report yet? If yes, did you receive an email? It would be nice if FD could explain how the interaction side of things works, or if there is any.

Yes (they replied) and no (there was no indication in any way). I had to go through and check my bug reports to see if any of them had been commented on. Actually I'll add to my list being able to see when there are new comments on an issue you made.

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/275

As an example, I made 30+ bug reports throughout the 3.3 beta and after release. I do not want to have to individually click on every single report I've made to see whether it has been commented on! Again this is all about user engagement, if you want people to use this then you have to make it user friendly. If none of this was considered then there are big problems.

Last edited:
Yes (they replied) and no (there was no indication in any way). I had to go through and check my bug reports to see if any of them had been commented on. Actually I'll add to my list being able to see when there are new comments on an issue you made.

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/275
Holy cow - I would never have spotted that if you hadn't told me it was there :(

Edit: Ok, we can just reply to reports saying we are QA-Bill .... hope the 'highlight fdev posts' story is rising in priority ;)

Last edited:
Would like to clarify if Issues Tracker was intended to replace Support Tickets?
If not you should think to renaming it to Bug Tracker as more and more people treat it the same as Support Tickets raising their individual issues instead of repeatable bugs.

Greetings Commanders!

As part of our efforts to upgrade our forums and feedback process, we are excited to share the details of our brand new Issues Tracker with you!

The Issues Tracker is a new website that will replace the current forum system of reporting bugs with one that puts the power in your hands. The new Issues Tracker will not only make it easier to report new bugs and issues to us but will also help make clear to us which issues matter most to you.

Awesome New Features
  • Search for existing reports using keywords
  • Contribute to other players' reported issues
  • Vote Up the confirmed Issues that matter most to highlight their importance
  • See what the Top Issues are
  • Follow all the progress from your own reports on a dedicated 'My Issues' page
How the Issue Tracker works
  • Login with your Frontier Account
  • You report an issue to us
    • The issue will be listed on our tracker in an 'Unconfirmed' status
    • Other players who are experiencing the same issue can contribute confirmation towards your issue
    • Once enough confirmations are received the Issue will be flagged as confirmed and people can begin voting on it
    • You can upload images to help support your case in your report
  • You have 4 votes to spend on issues that you feel are important.
    • Voting on an issue will raise its awareness and importance
    • Votes do not replenish until an Issue is resolved
    • You can remove your vote from an issue at any time
  • You can track the progress of all your issues on the 'My Issues' page and a search function allows you to find the Issues you are interested in quickly and easily
The Bug Report forums are set to be archived. Reports created from the 28th March up until the launch of the Issues Tracker will be added there by us, so we can ensure they are reviewed in the new system. All bugs from before the 25th March are being reviewed and added to internal tracking system when deemed they need to be.

At launch all reports you make will be shown under your Frontier ID rather than a display name but we may look to retroactively alter this to your forum display name in a future update.

We're excited to be launching this new site for you, to ensure that the Issues that matter most get the focus they deserve. We're aiming to launch the site at the beginning of April and will share all details with you once it's ready to go! Thank you all for your reports and support so far!

Why is this even a thing??? I've been gone for a little over a year and I come back to the same broken crap, the same complaints from different people.. and to top it off no more CG's??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????

Why is this even a thing??? I've been gone for a little over a year and I come back to the same broken crap, the same complaints from different people.. and to top it off no more CG's??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????
Issue trackers are very helpful; in fact, they are absolutely necessary to software development (imho).
That's quite vague.
CG's are being reworked so they've been removed for the time being.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I must say that I like some of the updates that have been made already to the Issue Tracker:

New statuses
10 issues per page now
Swapping the comments in an issue so they display most recent first.

Certainly moving in the right direction so thanks for that. Just need to be aware that with this sort of thing there is now more onus on keeping it up to date. So things like https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/528 can now be moved to fixed. And things like https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/275 can make use of the new Invalid label.

Would like to clarify if Issues Tracker was intended to replace Support Tickets?
If not you should think to renaming it to Bug Tracker as more and more people treat it the same as Support Tickets raising their individual issues instead of repeatable bugs.
It's definitely not to replace support tickets. I imagine they're using Issue as that is common terminology now in things like Github and Jira.

I'm a little concerned at the lack of QA responses in the issue ticket tracker. At the beginning of March, QA essentially disappeared from the Bug Report forum, despite us continually adding bug reports.

Now we've had the issue tracker for several weeks. 20 bugs have reached "confirmed" state, yet 0 are "acknowledged". Furthermore, at least in the sampling I looked at, there has been no response to them whatsoever. In fact, there are a couple of duplicate issues in there (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/165 and https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/164) that haven't been merged or responded to in any way.

What's my point?

There's a shiny new tracker that's actually decreased visibility into the process from the user end. The confirmed bugs that are being voted on obviously of priority to the community but, for all intents and purposes, have received no acknowledgement. An ounce of transparency goes a long ways, and, from the user perception, this is a step in the wrong direction.

I want this to work. I want to submit issues, see them acknowledged, confirmed, and whatnot. Instead we're stuck screaming into a completely different void, which serves only to alienate the player base.

I'm a little concerned at the lack of QA responses in the issue ticket tracker. At the beginning of March, QA essentially disappeared from the Bug Report forum, despite us continually adding bug reports.

Now we've had the issue tracker for several weeks. 20 bugs have reached "confirmed" state, yet 0 are "acknowledged". Furthermore, at least in the sampling I looked at, there has been no response to them whatsoever. In fact, there are a couple of duplicate issues in there (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/165 and https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/164) that haven't been merged or responded to in any way.

What's my point?

There's a shiny new tracker that's actually decreased visibility into the process from the user end. The confirmed bugs that are being voted on obviously of priority to the community but, for all intents and purposes, have received no acknowledgement. An ounce of transparency goes a long ways, and, from the user perception, this is a step in the wrong direction.

I want this to work. I want to submit issues, see them acknowledged, confirmed, and whatnot. Instead we're stuck screaming into a completely different void, which serves only to alienate the player base.

I think they propably work in batches - so when are going to be ready they will drop a lot of answers and changes in one package - all at once.
But to me also this would be a lot more interesting interactions to see things happen continously. To see answers, acknowledgements and other information on coming on daily basis. That would feel like actually something is happening and someone read what we are writing there. Instead it feels like stagnation - and lack of continous responses will slow things down as people will stop checking if there is any response to their bugs.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

I certainly understand your concerns, and agree with most of them, this is one of the reasons we desperately need to be able to see issues that QA have responded to easily. Especially if they're your own issues. I miss the interactions I used to have with QA on the bug threads. My only hope at the moment is that with the impending release of the next update, they are biding their time and once the update goes live then they can move/close some of the issues. I just hope they're ready for the onslaught that's going to come, we're at 467 issues already!

At the moment it feels like QA have downed tools until the issue tracker gets to MVP.

Then again we're pending 3.4, and as nothing raised now will get into that I guess we can let then concentrate on testing 3.4 and catching up on some 'Z' - three releases in this/next week must have been a challenge :)

• You can remove your vote from an issue at any time

How!? I'm getting the error message that I can only vote on 4 issues at a time, but I can't find the issues I'm currently voted on to remove my votes from them anywhere? Under "My Issues" it only shows 2 "invalid" issues and does not allow me to unvote them?

Top Bottom