Forсing players to visit colonia engineers it is oppression

I'm pretty sure "oppression" is more like throwing you in prison for speaking out against authority and letting you starve to death or depriving you of the ability to defend yourself.

it is literally impossible for a video game in which participation is purely voluntary to be in any way "oppressive".

these kids today.....wouldnt last 5 minutes in the real world.

it is literally impossible for a video game in which participation is purely voluntary to be in any way "oppressive".
With the possible exception of real-life gaming machines, with all the psychological engineering that goes into their design they're definitely exploitive if not borderline oppressive for many people.
Off topic but anyway..

With the possible exception of real-life gaming machines, with all the psychological engineering that goes into their design they're definitely exploitive if not borderline oppressive for many people.
Off topic but anyway..
Manipulation =/= oppression.

No one is putting a gun the your head and making you pull the lever for the first time, and all addictions start somewhere.

No one with the freedom to speak on this forum is being oppressed in any capacity, not by the word's actual definition.

For me the new blueprints were finally a reason to venture out and see the core area again. I quite like the scenery there....if it works. Sadly the very much broken skybox in the area took a lot of fun out of the trip. One system it's the full majestic thousands of stars in all levels of brightness and colors as it should be, the next there are no stars at all, just the general backglow of the area, what. And most of the time only unicolor large stars would load. The prettiest place in this virtual galaxy is very broken.

Manipulation =/= oppression.

No one is putting a gun the your head and making you pull the lever for the first time, and all addictions start somewhere.

No one with the freedom to speak on this forum is being oppressed in any capacity, not by the word's actual definition.

Borderline' oppression.
Not strictly defined as such but skirting very close to it.

There are different forms of oppression. Some people are oppressed in their own homes in the West through familial demands.

But if you're talking it needs to be government imposed then I'll concede it's not the right word to use in this context.

Oppression, lol. Wow.

FDev like a little trolling now and then. I do enjoy the idea of combat minmaxers being encouraged to try other gameplay. It's like that with pretty much all engineers, you want one of their uprades? You'll probably be doing some activity you don't normally bother with.
Emphasis mine...

Excellent point, Biscuit. Right on spot!

For example, OP - pay attention. I'd give my left nut (not really that big of a deal when you've reached my age and with one left... anyway ) for access to dirty drive G5 Thrusters.

Never gonna get 'em though. Not gonna pay the price that has to be paid to get to 'em because the price exceeds the value. That's my choice. Choice being the operative word. (and that could lead to a whole new discussion - not goin' there... )

Think about value. Think about price. Everything in human society and individual pshychology is about those two simple words, price - value. Consciously or unconsciously - every choice a person makes involves the internal calculation and comparison of both. And unless one is CRAZY A is chosen if value of A is greater than price of A. PERIOD. It's the way humans work.

Even for you OP. Your deal is that Price of A is greater than value of A and that upsets you. A quite normal response. So like a lot of humans you complain about the price and how unfair you think it is (in reality there are no unfair prices - just prices people don't like). Again, a very human response but frustrating for you and annoying for others (and yes I'm guilty of these reactions too). So recognize the situation for what it is. Accept it, move on and enjoy the game or don't and miss out on a lot of fun while you stew in the juices of misplaced anger and the frustration of feeling powerless to change that which you cannot change.

Like the fairy princess in the movie Willow (great, super movie by the way) said, "... the choice is yours.".

Last edited:
All Colonia engineer modules upgrade through exactly the same rules and usage requirements. If a module is behind the others, that's because people aren't doing upgrades for it - there's nothing to fix. If you want it higher quickly, you might have to do some fast-tracking - which is what we did for a few of the higher modules. (Figures are our unofficial estimates, but backed up by a fair bit of experiment)

To go from G1 to G2To go from G2 to G3To go from G3 to G4To go from G4 to G5
Using Grade 1 upgrades300045001250029000
Using Grade 2 upgradesn/a2250625014500
Using Grade 3 upgradesn/an/a41669666
Using Grade 4 upgradesn/an/an/a7250

For fast-tracking, I'd recommend:
  • Don't bother pushing a module that's already at G3 - it takes a lot of materials and time, and once it gets that far, people engineering modules for personal use starts to add a significant number of points on each time anyway.
  • G1 blueprints are the most material-efficient, but you'll spend a lot of time repeatedly clicking on the screen. Use G2s once they're available - it saves a lot of time.
  • Organise a group to do it. You can do it solo, but it will be incredibly tedious and take ages. If ten of you do it then it'll go a lot quicker and you'll probably be done in under a week.
Thank you Cmdr , I actually bought a couple of small ships and a medium, just to spam the engineers when things go quiet, probably unnecessary but I didn’t want to mess my load outs upon my existing fleet up there. ..players can mock the region and facilities all they want...personally I love it...it’s varied and stunningly pretty . Let the lazy insta gratification players crack on in the rat pits of the bubble 😀

It's only about 4 times the distance that anyone with g5 thrusters will already have covered to unlock Palin. And probably less than 4 times the effort when using the Spansh neutron plotter beyond Mammon or thereabouts, where chaining neutron jumps becomes viable. And more worthwhile, with up to 4 blueprints to pin.

The Galaxy of Elite is huge. I understand. What i don't understend why i should traveling literraly days if i don't want? It is revenge from game designers to players? But for what? It's about exclusive updates of colonia engineers. I must fly week of my real life, just fly, not play, to get update. This fact makes me sad.

Whingelord posts like these are why people gank.

Top Bottom