PvP Patch Notes: Did 'Griefers' Get Removed?

I could say the same on your post.

You mean the same as with Combat Logging which constantly pops up with Videos and still doesnt get People Banned?
FDev has no clear definition because in both cases FDevs definition depends alot on the intention which we cant know that easily unless we could read someones toughts...

Actually it is lol.
FDevs Definition defines any sort of harassment as Griefing.
What FDev does not do is consider one time offenses as a reason to Ban someone.

Thats why just like with Combat Logging.
Unless you really harass people alot you wont get Banned.

Its not about saving.
Its about consequence.
These Mean Dudes not rarely end up excluded from the Game and in some worse cases have even ended up in Jail my Friend.

There is a difference between nipping someone a bit to make him stumble and bashing someones head in by using your stick as a Club.

Did you know.
The Difference between an Oldschool Hardcore Game and the usual wannabe Hardcore Rubbish that is catering to Griefers and other Losers that want to pretend they are Hardcore.
Its the same Reason which ensures that in real Hardcore Games you dont really have Griefers.

You wanna know why in these True Hardcore Games where Griefing is not even mentioned in the Rules.
And where you wont even get the slightest gameeplay disadvantages from mass murdering people randomly or stealing stuff al the time, you dont have any Griefers ?

Its because Hardcore Games dont hold your hand on dealing with the consequences of your actions.
Hardcore Games dont allow you to pay a small fee to just get your Combat Gear Back after Death.
In Hardcore Games if you mess up you really lose something.

If ED was a Hardcore Game.
You would have no Rules for Griefing etc.
Because if on each Death you lost 10% of all your Money in addition to the Rebuy snd Cargo etc.
People really start to think about it if they want to Kill some Harmless Sidewinder for the Lols.

But ED isnt.
ED is a Theme Park Game which is constantly holding your hand.
Making sure that even if you became a Pirate halfheartedly and completely overestimated your abilities.
You will be fine again after paying a few fines and Rebuy if you get Killed.
Not losing anything that would really hurt you.

The only Hardcore Gameplay in ED is for some Bizarre reason the Trader.
Which has to Spend lits of his Money on Cargo which if he gets killed is completely lost.

Due to that the Trader is pretty much the only guy who actually risks his Progress in the Game.
As he can lose vast amounts of Money he earned in previous flights.
All others only risk the gains of their current Flight.

I would be all for it.
Lets make the Game Hardcore.
On top of the Rebuy.
Add a 10% Loss of all your Assets Worth as a Death Penalty.
If you cant pay it the Game sells your Assets to cover the Cost.

Lets see how many of you then dare to be Griefers and Attack a Helpless Sidewinder for no Reason.
I bet with you.
It would not even take 1 Month.
And almost all Griefers would have left the Game.
What is keeping you from playing those games?

A friend and I will be hunting pirates tonight and we'll make another 2 million in short order.
I wrote this yesterday and I need to clarify it a little bit.

Yes, last night I did in fact make 2 million in bounty vouchers.
I made a million + in two different runs but in each case I developed a bad case of Anaconda envy (1) and died.

If anyone finds a couple of packs of bounty vouchers flittering around near Decait 1 - gosh, if you could get them back to me that would be awesome.

NOTES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Anaconda Envy: I DON'T CARE WHAT IT COSTS THIS #$%#@! ANACONDA IS GOING DOWN IN FLAMES, THE #@$%! PIECE OF #$%@!.

You would have no Rules for Griefing etc.
Because if on each Death you lost 10% of all your Money in addition to the Rebuy snd Cargo etc.
People really start to think about it if they want to Kill some Harmless Sidewinder for the Lols.

But ED isnt.
ED is a Theme Park Game which is constantly holding your hand.
Making sure that even if you became a Pirate halfheartedly and completely overestimated your abilities.
You will be fine again after paying a few fines and Rebuy if you get Killed.
Not losing anything that would really hurt you.

The only Hardcore Gameplay in ED is for some Bizarre reason the Trader.
Which has to Spend lits of his Money on Cargo which if he gets killed is completely lost.

Due to that the Trader is pretty much the only guy who actually risks his Progress in the Game.
As he can lose vast amounts of Money he earned in previous flights.
All others only risk the gains of their current Flight.

I would be all for it.
Lets make the Game Hardcore.
On top of the Rebuy.
Add a 10% Loss of all your Assets Worth as a Death Penalty.
If you cant pay it the Game sells your Assets to cover the Cost.

Lets see how many of you then dare to be Griefers and Attack a Helpless Sidewinder for no Reason.
I bet with you.
It would not even take 1 Month.
And almost all Griefers would have left the Game.

How on earth am I going to maintain my reputation for "Most Clueless Poster Ever" if you keep offering up high quality material like this?
The more I read your material the more I come to suspect that you've next to no history with online gaming.

A while back Harry Potter, a notorious PK, posted a screenshot of his rebuy screen.
If I recall correctly, his rebuy was north of 200 million credits - such that with a 10 million loan he was still 70 million short.

So when you suggest a 10% loss of all assets upon death you're suggesting less than what some of these guys pay.
If the screenshot is to be believed, he didn't loose 10%, he lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 120% of his assets.
I'm sure he has other ships - but come on already, regardless the man took a hit for his crimes.

To my knowledge, Harry Potter, after taking 10x the loss you suggest, has not left the game.
You not only don't understand the word 'griefer' but you don't have any idea of what you're talking about on any level.

Ahoy matey!
Aye, without a shot!

Never heard of 'em.

Elegant?
This is Piracy mate. Not ****ing ballet.
Post up your vids, show us how it's done!

🏴‍☠️

Not sure what you want from me then.

If you Pirate like the Video then your doing something I would consider Perfectly Fine.
And if that Commander would not have Complied I would have Killed him.
As easy as that.

This is not Griefing and I would never Suggest that what happens in that Video is Griefing.
Moreover what are you Complaining about ^^
Your not using a Drone there yourself. ^^

As for not hearing about us. We have Stopped Existing Years Ago.
I havnt gone Pirating for at least 3 Years now.
But from what the Video Shows nothing has really Changed. lol

What is keeping you from playing those games?

Nothing ?
How would I know these Games if I didnt Play them ????
Am I limited to only Play a Single Game or something ?????
I am just Refuting the Statement of Someone who Claimed that Griefing would be Normal and that all Games are like this.
Because its not True. There is much Harder Games like ED which Deal with Griefing Perfectly Fine.

How on earth am I going to maintain my reputation for "Most Clueless Poster Ever" if you keep offering up high quality material like this?
The more I read your material the more I come to suspect that you've next to no history with online gaming.

A while back Harry Potter, a notorious PK, posted a screenshot of his rebuy screen.
If I recall correctly, his rebuy was north of 200 million credits - such that with a 10 million loan he was still 70 million short.

So when you suggest a 10% loss of all assets upon death you're suggesting less than what some of these guys pay.
If the screenshot is to be believed, he didn't loose 10%, he lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 120% of his assets.
I'm sure he has other ships - but come on already, regardless the man took a hit for his crimes.

To my knowledge, Harry Potter, after taking 10x the loss you suggest, has not left the game.
You not only don't understand the word 'griefer' but you don't have any idea of what you're talking about on any level.

Sure Mate.
I am just around Playing online Games since nearly 20 Years.

And Maybe you Should Read what I said.
10% loss of your Assets on Top of your Rebuy.
So the Difference would Simply be that if he had around 150 Million he would have been 15 Million more North of this 200 Million.

So he took 0.9x the Loss that I Suggest ;)
And in my Suggestion he would likely have been Killed much Earlier.
Because he could not have Parked his Ship with that Bounty somewhere and Just Play Normally in Between.
If this was a Hardcore Game. He would have been with that Bounty on his Head at all Times without Exception.

Not able to just Park his Hunted Ship Somewhere and then go Nicely about his Normal Business until the Next time he takes out his Ship to go Killing People ;)

Thing is Mate.
He racked up this Rebuy over Months.
His rebuy of 200 Million means that he likely Cost others a combined 2 Billion Credits already.

In a Hardcore Game.
Where he could never have Played without that Bounty on his Head due to not being able to just Change Ship.
Chances are that he would have been Killed like 10 Times in that Timeframe.
Each Time Paying 10% of his Whole Assets.

In Short. He would likely never have Managed to get this Rebuy Screen in the First Place.
And he would likely have Quit over a Month ago as he would have been Downgraded to a Small Ship several Times.

Last edited:
Sure Mate.
For the sake of this discussion your 19 years experience with Scrabble Online doesn't count.

So the Difference would Simply be that if he had around 150 Million he would have been 15 Million more North of this 200 Million.

Because he could not have Parked his Ship with that Bounty somewhere and Just Play Normally in Between.
If this was a Hardcore Game. He would have been with that Bounty on his Head at all Times without Exception.
No, his rebuy cost was a tiny fraction of his costs.
His fines (not the cost of the ship purchase) were 200 million+ IIRC.

He could easily rebuy his ship many times without scratching the tip of his fortune, but the legal fines alone were easily 10x what you've suggested.

Last edited:
For the sake of this discussion your 19 years experience with Scramble Online doesn't count.

No, his rebuy cost was a tiny fraction of his costs.
His fines (not the cost of the ship purchase) were 200 million+ IIRC.

He could easily rebuy his ship many times without scratching the tip of his fortune, but the legal fines alone were easily 10x what you've suggested.

His Rebuy thus was North of 200 Million.
Because your Rebuy Includes the Fines and Bounties upon your Death.
You cant Pay it so you cant Rebuy.

And Again Mate.
How many Months did he need to gather all these Fines ?
How did he Survive so Long that he could gather all these Fines ? :)

The Answer is.
ED was Holding his Hand.

Allowing him to Just Park his Ship in a Safe Position on a Pirate Station and then Fly away with a Different Ship.
Thus his Gameplay being Completely Unaffected by his Bounty.
And him only needing to take out his Hunted Ship when he actually went around Killing People.

Notice the Problem ?
How are you an Outlaw when you can just go ahead and Park your Bounty in a Lawless Station and then go on Playing Normally ?
This Game is about as Hardcore as the Single Player in GTA lol

If you Pirate like the Video then your doing something I would consider Perfectly Fine.
As easy as that.

This is not Griefing and I would never Suggest that what happens in that Video is Griefing.

Nothing ?
I am just Refuting the Statement of Someone who Claimed that Griefing would be Normal and that all Games are like this.
Because its not True. There is much Harder Games like ED which Deal with Griefing Perfectly Fine.

Sure Mate.

Not able to just Park his Hunted Ship Somewhere and then go Nicely about his Normal Business until the Next time he takes out his Ship to go Killing People ;)

Thing is Mate.
He racked up this Rebuy over Months.
His rebuy of 200 Million means that he likely Cost others a combined 2 Billion Credits already.

In a Hardcore Game.
Where he could never have Played without that Bounty on his Head due to not being able to just Change Ship.
Chances are that he would have been Killed like 10 Times in that Timeframe.
Each Time Paying 10% of his Whole Assets.

In Short. He would likely never have Managed to get this Rebuy Screen in the First Place.
And he would likely have Quit over a Month ago as he would have been Downgraded to a Small Ship several Times.

Annoying use of Caps makes me Want to Dismiss the Possibility of Valid Arguments.

As easy as that.

Nothing ?

Sure Mate.

The fact you can use interstellar factors for bribing the authorities to clear bounties should be enough of a hint to you as to what kind of game Elite is. Members of the Pilots Federation are effectively above the law. This is by design.

Personally I would rather see player-driven solutions, definitely make bounty hunting more viable. Give them ways to track outlaws and such.

His Rebuy thus was North of 200 Million.
Because your Rebuy Includes the Fines and Bounties upon your Death.
You cant Pay it so you cant Rebuy.

The point was that his rebuy wasn't just the cost of his ship.
He didn't pay cost of ship + 10% as you suggested.
He paid cost of ship +1000% or more.

And Again Mate.
How many Months did he need to gather all these Fines ?
How did he Survive so Long that he could gather all these Fines ? :)

Immaterial.

The Answer is.
ED was Holding his Hand.
Your idea of hand holding is a rebuy plus a 200 million fine?

Allowing him to Just Park his Ship in a Safe Position on a Pirate Station and then Fly away with a Different Ship.
Thus his Gameplay being Completely Unaffected by his Bounty.
And him only needing to take out his Hunted Ship when he actually went around Killing People.
I don't care if he's out in his mining ship trying to fetch enough void opals to afford a 70 million deficit.
Looks like a good opportunity for some ED justice, IMHO.

Notice the Problem ?
Well, I might need to be schooled here a little bit.
Are you saying he can just abandon his Anaconda and the 200 million fine and jump in another ship and run off free?

Even if that was the case he'd still have to build up another ship and run through the engineering grind.
That is a great deal of non-PvP work - which seems like a pretty thorough punishment.

Top Bottom