PvP Patch Notes: Did 'Griefers' Get Removed?

No, mining IS punishment! My eyes ACTUALLY bleed when I am forced to mine or do any activity that is required to make money in this game.
When I used to preach long, convincing, passionate sermons about PKs 15 years ago one of the pleasant dreams I would conjure was the idea of a PK being forced to do the activities that he'd interrupted for other people. I saw two benefits from this: First, it would give him a bit of a taste for what he was costing other people, Secondly, it would take him out of the action for a bit so other people could play.

Elite Dangerous seems to be doing what I didn't think was possible.

When it comes to mining I'm doing everything I can to avoid it.
The surface mining doesn't bother me too much, but I don't want to do the whole asteroid/limpet thing at all.
The time I spend not shooting is time wasted in my efforts to 'git gud' so that I can waste you one day.

I'd like to get a 300 million fine off of just killing you, and only you.

When I used to preach long, convincing, passionate sermons about PKs 15 years ago one of the pleasant dreams I would conjure was the idea of a PK being forced to do the activities that he'd interrupted for other people. I saw two benefits from this: First, it would give him a bit of a taste for what he was costing other people, Secondly, it would take him out of the action for a bit so other people could play.

Elite Dangerous seems to be doing what I didn't think was possible.

When it comes to mining I'm doing everything I can to avoid it.
The surface mining doesn't bother me too much, but I don't want to do the whole asteroid/limpet thing at all.
The time I spend not shooting is time wasted in my efforts to 'git gud' so that I can waste you one day.

I'd like to get a 300 million fine off of just killing you, and only you.
You're getting off to the thought of me having to take a break from murder and chaos.... Gross 😜

Honestly though, I bet my actual time ganking players is less than 5% of my time in game. Probably 60% doing 1v1's and PvP wing battles and 35% collecting mats, grinding money and building ships.

Last edited:
I don't believe you.
I think that you didn't know that he paid 300 million in fines.
The additional 65 is so arbitrary and silly as to be an obvious attempt at saving face.

Let me clarify that: I. Don't. Believe. You.

You aren't using the term hardcore in any commonly understood sense of the word.
Hardcore usually means murderers don't get any penalty, outside of player justice, whatsoever.

Getting the developer to do all your work isn't hardcore.
The word you're looking for is 'carebear', as much as I despise that term.

Buy a new ship and run the engineer grind?
Seems like both options (rebuy, or new ship) are awfully expensive.

You're the one asking for the hand-holding.
You need FDev to punish other players for you?

Get out of here.

I see you already Posted the Screenshot yourself.
So I guess we can Scratch that one of the List.

And given that you can Seperately Remove and Clean Weapons and Modules you dont actually need to get the Engineer Grind again.
FD Handholding has you Covered.

Its also Fun how you call me a Carebear.
I Suggested a 10% Asset Penalty upon Death.
Not only for Criminals gg

Extremely Carebear from me isnt it. :)

You called me "Fisto Soprano" earlier. I could only presume that was an insult?

You Misspelled my Name on Purpose.
Calling me Sunless.
So I returned the Favor and Misspelled yours on Purpose.

I for my Part actually Tought of this Guy here when I read your Name.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BPhPpf71c

You may take that however you wish.

You would think that being the experienced pirate you claim to have been, killing those who don't give in to your demands, you would know that the murder bounty gets much higher than that.

It's almost as if you don't know what you're talking about, isn't it?

Its not my Fault if you guys cant Read.
I stated very Clearly that the Last Time I Pirated was over 3 Years Ago.
Ever Since I dont think I ever got a Bounty Intentional. (Which is not Surprising because I decided that Open is Rubbish and have stayed away from Multiplayer almost entirely. Because PvP in this Game is so Incredible Stall and Boring. And when they bought in Engineers only available to Horizons Players PvP became Pay to Win on top of that thus me not ever bothering it with again...)

If they Changed Something to the Bounties your Welcome to Tell me about it.

Last Time I Pirated you got 5k Bounty for a Kill.
That was not really Variable.
And was always a Joke. Given that if you Killed a Trader he could easily lose 10 Million Credits of Value.

Have they Added Something to this to make it more Expensive ?

Oh look, I've updated my 'to do' list:

1: Jason Barron (postponed)
2: Krash (on hold)
3: Sir Ganksalot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4: Fisto Sombrero (cannot locate in people finder)
5: Intersteller Overdrive (eh?)
You gonna start a new account to come after me on Xbox or wait another year or two till I finally get a PC?

Last edited:
Ever Since I dont think I ever got a Bounty Intentional. (Which is not Surprising because I decided that Open is Rubbish and have stayed away from Multiplayer almost entirely. Because PvP in this Game is so Incredible Stall and Boring. And when they bought in Engineers only available to Horizons Players PvP became Pay to Win on top of that thus me not ever bothering it with again...)

And was always a Joke. Given that if you Killed a Trader he could easily lose 10 Million Credits of Value.

So I was correct - you don't know what you're on about.

Thanks for confirming (y)

And given that you can Seperately Remove and Clean Weapons and Modules you dont actually need to get the Engineer Grind again.

You Misspelled my Name on Purpose.
Calling me Sunless.
So I returned the Favor and Misspelled yours on Purpose.

I for my Part actually Tought of this Guy here when I read your Name.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BPhPpf71c

You may take that however you wish.

Dude just go away, you've been called out on you bull crap like 10 times now.

You just keep riding that horse of arrogance.

And Why is Every other Word CaPiTaLiZeD????

So Harry Potter can remove his engineered modules from that ship and not pay the 300 million fine?

That aside, I don't know how someone can look at that rebuy screen and decide and an additional 10% asset fine would fix the problem.
It seems punitive and a bit petty to me - especially since in that screenshot he cannot afford to rebuy the ship at the current rate.
My guess is about 3 months after the 10% kicked in you'd be back here wanting it upped to 25% - since the goal is to drive these people from the game.

Prove me wrong.

When I dream of solutions for this problem (I'm not admitting it is one) I'd rather find a solution that is fun for people on both sides.
For example, make it easier to find PKs with high notoriety - make it so they get more of the fight they love.
I'd explore special tools for the White Knights, but that would have to be handled very carefully.

….and after that proved to be working I'd slash the fines these guys bear, with the hopes that they'd be visiting the rebuy screen much more frequently.

I'd rather see Harry Potter spend 300 million on fines over the course of 5 deaths (60 million per death) - because he keeps getting more PvP action than he can handle - which would be a win for everyone, IMHO. If the White Knights and Murderhobos are having fun whacking each other that would make life easier for those who aren't interested in PvP.

I think your ideas are regressive.

Last edited:

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I probably said this before in this very thread (it's getting hard to keep track tbh), but again; stop discussing the poster! If you can't discuss another poster's arguments, then just stay away. Bickering and insults aren't ways to go, so leave those for Discord...or sumthin, sumthin.
Thanks.

First, claiming people can't read isn't very nice. Second, if you haven't pirated in over three years stop acting like an expert.

Given the Video.
It doesnt look like anything has changed since then.
So Suit yourselves.

Albeit its giving me a Nice Laugh how you guys are so Desperate that you all cant post a proper argument and instead rather try to attack my person instead.

Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling that you know yourselves already that your wrong.

So Harry Potter can remove his engineered modules from that ship and not pay the 300 million fine?

That aside, I don't know how someone can look at that rebuy screen and decide and an additional 10% asset fine would fix the problem.
It seems punitive and a bit petty to me - especially since in that screenshot he cannot afford to rebuy the ship at the current rate.
My guess is about 3 months after the 10% kicked in you'd be back here wanting it upped to 25% - since the goal is to drive these people from the game.

Prove me wrong.

When I dream of solutions for this problem (I'm not admitting it is one) I'd rather find a solution that is fun for people on both sides.
For example, make it easier to find PKs with high notoriety - make it so they get more of the fight they love.
I'd explore special tools for the White Knights, but that would have to be handled very carefully.

….and after that proved to be working I'd slash the fines these guys bear, with the hopes that they'd be visiting the rebuy screen much more frequently.

I'd rather see Harry Potter spend 300 million on fines over the course of 5 deaths (60 million per death) - because he keeps getting more PvP action than he can handle - which would be a win for everyone, IMHO. If the White Knights and Murderhobos are having fun whacking each other that would make life easier for those who aren't interested in PvP.

I think your ideas are regressive.

The thing behind the Ideas is to remove the Handholding. And make things worth something.
It doesnt matter how high a Penalty you place if people can just avoid it.

Currently you can Game the System way too easily.
Harry Potter simply choose not to do it.

He likely was proud on that Bounty on his Head.
So he didnt bother avoiding it.

And as I said before.
I dont mind other Ideas either.
There is slot of possible options that would work better than what we got now.

Thing is.
Harry Potter is an Extreme Case.
I am not sure I even want to know how long he was going round to get such an insane Bounty on his Head.

Now. It is true that I missed the change in Bounties.
Not sure what Bounty you get for Killing someone now.
But I am pretty sure he still has to kill quote alot for a 300 Million Bounty.

So basing Penalties on the Idea that even such extreme cases stay around is exactly the kind of handholding that causes EDs systems to always have so many holes.

Even without knowing the current Bountys.
I doubt that Average Bounty for an RPK hunting a Week will Exceed 20 Million.

Which is simply not a Number worth mentioning.

cant post a proper argument and instead rather try to attack my person instead.

Here's an example: you said Harry Potter would've taken months to acquire the bounty he had. Several seasoned players explained that bounties that high can be achieved within hours if killing players and in days casually killing NPCs.

How is that an attack on your person and not your argument? Your assertions are wrong. Can you please address this one fact?

Thing is Mate.
Non of you so far bothered Explaining this.
You say that you can get much Higher Bounties now.
But so far none of you bothered to Answer my Question on what kind of Bounties you actually get now.

Let me give you an example.
When a bounty is applied to your ship it is “hot”. All equipped modules also become hot.
  • Stored ‘hot’ modules will need to be cleaned (at 5% of their rebuy cost) before being transferred to a clean ship
  • Hot modules in storage will not be cleaned when paying off fines/bounties on a hot ship, potentially incurring extra costs if you have a low-value fines/bounties

This is from the FD Support Site explaining Crime System in ED.
As you see.
Its easy to get rid of a Hot Ship and not very expensive to get the Modules back.

For Harry Potter getting his Modules Back would likely have cost about 5 Million.
The Conda Itself is harder cause the Bounties are on it. You would have needed to sell it at Reduced Price and Buy a New one would have been more expensive.
Surely losing him around 40 Million.
But that still means if he had wanted to.
He could have paid 50 Million and basicly be Clean again.

In case you care.
You can read the whole info here

So Yes.
Harry Potter could have just cleaned his Modules and use them on another Ship.

Now your On.
What kind of Bounty do you Get now for RPKing People ?

Top Bottom