Activating the power pylons at Guardian sites help

Is there some task/s that have to be completed before the power pylons will rise up? I believe there are six in most sites. I have scanned obelisks, shot towers, etc etc but they are not rising. Been all over the site and nothing yet. Advice would be very useful (it's a Guardian site not the ruin that I am at)

drive near them to raise them, do them all first, then shoot the blue slot continually until they fully rise and go boing and send a light to the sky, activate them all, shoot down sentinels and go to the main key part, do whatever you have to do there (drop ancient key or key in the ground slot by jettisoning it) and data scan the holo ball that emerges (unless sentinels knock you over, hence shoot them first) tada you have a blueprint, log off and repeat 10,000 times!

note spoiler above

I've read here and else where that one can just drive near to get them to activate them, once fully in the up-righted position, one is required to shoot the blue slot at or near the top. My question is: Does one HAVE to do them in any certain order; I've read that it does and doesn't matter. In addition, when do the sentinels come; Is it when activated or during the shooting process?

I've read here and else where that one can just drive near to get them to activate them, once fully in the up-righted position, one is required to shoot the blue slot at or near the top. My question is: Does one HAVE to do them in any certain order; I've read that it does and doesn't matter. In addition, when do the sentinels come; Is it when activated or during the shooting process?
The one right next to the big "altar" always has to rise first, apart from that there is no order.

You need to drive near the 'altar' where you'd scan the blueprint to activate the ruins. 1 or 2 pylons (depends on layout) in the area will immediately rise. No need to activate these yet. You can then drive around and raise the rest. You can activate them in any order you wish, as you go, or after you have raised all 6, all at once.

Sentinels come when [1] you first activate the ruins at the altar. [2] Expect 1 at each pylon, triggered by proximity. iirc at some sites you will get 2 after raising a pair of symmetrical pylons instead. [3] Immediately after scanning the data point for the blueprint.

UPDATE:
Not sure if one HAS to activate the one everyone refers to as the first or not, but afterwards the rest can be done in any order. I activated the first then having a path I activated the rest, killing all the sentinels available in route. Afterwards, I had all the time in the world to charge them, retrieve the appropriate item and activate the main orb as to scan and receive the blueprint.

I am or was probably the most apprehensive player to take on this endeavor, and having the knowledge this time of utilizing two PD's and the SRV's brake while under attack. Was able to get four blueprints at two different locations. IF I can do it, anyone can!

UPDATE:
Not sure if one HAS to activate the one everyone refers to as the first or not, but afterwards the rest can be done in any order. I activated the first then having a path I activated the rest, killing all the sentinels available in route. Afterwards, I had all the time in the world to charge them, retrieve the appropriate item and activate the main orb as to scan and receive the blueprint.

I am or was probably the most apprehensive player to take on this endeavor, and having the knowledge this time of utilizing two PD's and the SRV's brake while under attack. Was able to get four blueprints at two different locations. IF I can do it, anyone can!
Oh actually you can repeat the Module sites right away and the pylons won't even go Underground again. Doesn't work for Weapons and Starship blueprints though, those need an instance reset.

Oh actually you can repeat the Module sites right away and the pylons won't even go Underground again. Doesn't work for Weapons and Starship blueprints though, those need an instance reset.

Cool, do the sentinels come back in full force or do they stay dead? If the later, perhaps though I don't need them, I may obtain the rest of the modules as long as I'm here. Though I logged off last night so I reckon I'll have to reactivate all of them again today.

Cool, do the sentinels come back in full force or do they stay dead? If the later, perhaps though I don't need them, I may obtain the rest of the modules as long as I'm here. Though I logged off last night so I reckon I'll have to reactivate all of them again today.
Some of them respawn but it gets less and less each time

Some of them respawn but it gets less and less each time
Though I brought extra Ancient Key's (5 total) when I made the attempt successfully to get the vessel blueprints and didn't need but three. Being able to obtain the relic at the same place as the module's makes it a wee bit easier also.

I left two Ancient Key on the ground at the suggested parking area when I finished my endeavor. I'd be curious as to know if anyone would be able to actually find them.

Update:
I was just there, and because I had left, I needed to reactivate all of the pylons again. That done, I charged them all and got a blueprint, and they all returned to the upright stage and needed charging again. I charged them all again, inserted the relic where it suppose to go, the orb came up, I scanned it completely and received NADA. Thus it may have been nerfed.

Update:
I was just there, and because I had left, I needed to reactivate all of the pylons again. That done, I charged them all and got a blueprint, and they all returned to the upright stage and needed charging again. I charged them all again, inserted the relic where it suppose to go, the orb came up, I scanned it completely and received NADA. Thus it may have been nerfed.
Update:
Thanks to EVERYONE for your assistance in my endeavor to obtain the three vessel blueprints, with the assistance y'all gave me, I was also able to pick up to module blueprints, the FSD Booster and the Hull Package. Couldn't have done it without the assistance of y'all! THANKS!

So by that you mean relog? When i re logged i had to do it all over again ><

So by that you mean relog? When i re logged i had to do it all over again ><
Yes. Though I'm not sure anymore if it was due to being there with multiple people. We could definetly do the module site again (yes, activating each pylon again...) without relogging. But it did not work for the other sites.

As I understand it you can obtain one blueprint for each CMDR in the instance (or wing?). So if you're with a friend you can repeat the pylon routine and each get a blueprint without relogging, but if you're on your own repeating it gets you nothing but more sentinels to fight.

Yes. Though I'm not sure anymore if it was due to being there with multiple people. We could definetly do the module site again (yes, activating each pylon again...) without relogging. But it did not work for the other sites.

I tried this the other week, it looked like I was scanning the orb OK again - but the module blueprint count didn't go up.

(note to self - hit the "Post Reply" button to save embarrassment. :oops: )

Top Bottom