Request for DEV response on future of CqC

I would like to inquire about Frontier’s plan for CqC in the future. I am attempting to get more players involved through our player group, streaming it on twitch, and encouraging other streamers to participate. So to start I would just like to get your response on the following questions:

1. Does Frontier have any plans to update or change CqC?
2. Is CqC in it’s current form the way it will always be?
3. Why are there ship decals for all the other Elite ranks but not CqC?
4. If changes are planned, do they include adding new ships (Guardian fighters perhaps)?
5. Would it be possible to have an official CqC community event (similar to the Community Goals)? Perhaps with a reward of some kind – ship decal or skin?
Thank you for taking the time to review the questions and thank you in advance for providing what responses you can.
Respectfully,
Commander Empewress

Given it's not been touched since release and the esports prize money etc didnt happen. I would say it's another lob over the wall and run job...

+1 for the effort, but you'll have more success in having a stone spontaneously melt than FD actually answering. Not even the Taipan was added yet. The few players that are still there get frustrated by the matchmaking system throwing beginners and advanced pilots together. Though without that you'd never get a match at all. Bots filling up the empty slots would help, but nothing is happening.

Deleted member 192138

D
Catch 22 about the matchmaking - not many players means they're chucked in with higher levels, newbies to the arena being matched with top ranked, multiple prestige CQC players leaves you feeling a bit like a pinata.

I love CQC but the best time to play it is on a Sunday, or when a streamer goes into it with their audience. I would definitely play more of it with some nurturing from FDev, maybe some more map variation would be good.

+1 for the effort, but you'll have more success in having a stone spontaneously melt than FD actually answering. Not even the Taipan was added yet. The few players that are still there get frustrated by the matchmaking system throwing beginners and advanced pilots together. Though without that you'd never get a match at all. Bots filling up the empty slots would help, but nothing is happening.
Yes I agree but I'm still hoping for a direct answer from DEV that is not too vague and unconvincing. I'm not new to CqC just questions I have that has not been answered yet.

Catch 22 about the matchmaking - not many players means they're chucked in with higher levels, newbies to the arena being matched with top ranked, multiple prestige CQC players leaves you feeling a bit like a pinata.

I love CQC but the best time to play it is on a Sunday, or when a streamer goes into it with their audience. I would definitely play more of it with some nurturing from FDev, maybe some more map variation would be good.
I love the new map idea!

A new map would be great for CQC but what i think that would be needed most is some attention brought to it via GalNet news and maybe some CG like events.. To draw people in to trying out CQC there needs to be more incentive to play it.. With the new players coming in to ED we need to let them know about CQC and how much fun it is.

All they would have to do is model some arenas in the main game with a docking module so players dock and transfer to a CQC ship. Maybe the game could be a huge VR thing with players being virtual so nobody gets killed etc.

All of the action could be put up in-game as a big screen video or a in-game thing which would generate interest. Imagine more and more players wanting to try their metal against other to get to the top spots and be gain access to higher arenas and once they get to the last one be crowned King/Queen of CQC a rank which could carry some sort of perk in game :)

Deleted member 192138

D
I'm definitely not the first person to suggest this, but seeing as the mechanics clearly exist in some similar form already - enter into queue for CQC without having to leave main game or travel to a fixed location. Similar to multicrew searching.

Source: https://youtu.be/Xb86OzFeuXo?t=85

Last edited:
I think when it comes to FDev devoting effort to anything it's either a numbers game or being unwilling to accept the fact that they developed a feature that they can't bring themselves to cut away; like CMDRs' seriously play BGS more than Power Play, but FDev can't bring themselves to cut away Power Play.

Therefore, when it comes to CQC I think the number of CMDRs' who are Elite in combat, trade and explorer, but still Helpless in CQC is a telling factor, and let's face it, CQC was made to appease console players...

Top Bottom