Mini Map

Wish we had a mini map with filters to highlight several problems or other locations:
  • Damaged park benches and trash cans
  • Thirsty, Hungry, angry, poor, or such people.
  • People with certain thoughts
  • Garbage, dirty
  • work rosters
  • staff rooms
  • shops (drinks, food, etc)
Clicking on the map should focus on that location in the main window.
(There was something like that in RCT 3 if I remember it correctly.)

Yes, I think a map toggle like in JWE would be awesome for this game. When playing Planet Coaster I feel like I'm just randomly doing stuff when compared to JWE

Well, compared to RCT 1-3, and Parkitect, Planet Coaster feels it is still missing things in the management department. There is little challenge. However, Planet Coaster has complete freeform construction unlike those other games which are stuck to a grid. I could care less about management though, I'd rather have everything run on autopilot and just build and play for fun. Basically, play in sandbox mode. There was an objective in RCT2 that you could set when making a new scenario where the only goal was to have fun. Was Frontier involved with RCT2 as well as 3?

Well, compared to RCT 1-3, and Parkitect, Planet Coaster feels it is still missing things in the management department. There is little challenge. However, Planet Coaster has complete freeform construction unlike those other games which are stuck to a grid. I could care less about management though, I'd rather have everything run on autopilot and just build and play for fun. Basically, play in sandbox mode. There was an objective in RCT2 that you could set when making a new scenario where the only goal was to have fun. Was Frontier involved with RCT2 as well as 3?

Technically, yes. They came on board during the dev of RCT2, though as far as i know to aid the graphics and performance.
Chris Sawyer used to do RCT1 pretty much by himself with a graphics artist whose name i can't recall from the top of my head.
Not sure if he was connected to Frontier. Someone on the inside surely knows better than me.

They were involved in the series pretty early, in any case.

Edit: A map would be great, or at least more detailed statistics, i like diagrams. More of those pls.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Technically, yes. They came on board during the dev of RCT2, though as far as i know to aid the graphics and performance.
Chris Sawyer used to do RCT1 pretty much by himself with a graphics artist whose name i can't recall from the top of my head.
Not sure if he was connected to Frontier. Someone on the inside surely knows better than me.

They were involved in the series pretty early, in any case.

Edit: A map would be great, or at least more detailed statistics, i like diagrams. More of those pls.
Frontier first got involved in the expansion packs of RCT2.

Yes I think the mini map idea proposed by Titule is great and would be really useful for both management and planning additions / alterations to parks.

Top Bottom