I can't make Oculus Dash to work in Elite

I used to watch youtube videos and surf my discord channels on other VR games, but when I open Oculus Dash to launch Virtual Desktop inside of Elite I can't switch back to the game, unless I click on the task icon of Elite, hence I can't have the virtual desktop window inside of the chockpit. Once oculus dash is opened, the oculus home button on the touch controller does nothing.
I installed the game on the oculus home platform.
Any help?

Hmmm not sure if this will work but make sure in elite under graphics it set for window border less , maybe that has something to do with it.

I assumed this happened to everyone. If you open a browser window or any other app you lose focus on the Elite window. I run an autohotkey script that will make Elite the active window anytime I touch my HOTAS throttle. This way if I go to a browser or open another app all I have to do is slightly move the throttle and everything is back to normal.

Also if you haven't played in a while check your Oculus settings inside Dash. Pulling windows into VR is now a setting you have to activate.

Last edited:
You will need to have the dash desktop open as well, that's my main view when I hit the dash button.
Big butt desktop.
To leave pinned windows while playing I found having to refocus through dash or the dash interface would go under elite and not superimpose on the rendering.

Using my VA commands to set the game to priority would cause the latter, so it's become habit to simply click the mirror before closing the dash.

And they have been changing stuff lately, as mention the pull out feature needs to be turned on, and they have changed how you pull windows three times now.

I assumed this happened to everyone. If you open a browser window or any other app you lose focus on the Elite window. I run an autohotkey script that will make Elite the active window anytime I touch my HOTAS throttle. This way if I go to a browser or open another app all I have to do is slightly move the throttle and everything is back to normal.

Also if you haven't played in a while check your Oculus settings inside Dash. Pulling windows into VR is now a setting you have to activate.

Yes this Happen to me but what i did is wrote a script for voice attack so all i have to say is "focus" and it comes back.

Ok I got it. Now there's a new problem: the VR mirroring window. I can't get rid of it because I have to keep focus on the game in order to play. So I have this mirror window always in front of everything on the virtual desktop window. There are other VR games that do not require focus in order to play, so this is the first time I have all this issues :(

I don't think there is a way to get rid of the mirror on your desktop other than moving it out of the way. If you are just trying to watch a video or have a discord up while flying make sure you pull that window into VR, then pin it and go back into game and all you will see is the individual window you pulled. You don't want to pull your entire desktop into VR.

I don't think there is a way to get rid of the mirror on your desktop other than moving it out of the way. If you are just trying to watch a video or have a discord up while flying make sure you pull that window into VR, then pin it and go back into game and all you will see is the individual window you pulled. You don't want to pull your entire desktop into VR.

How do I even "pull" a specific window in VR? I only know how to handle the virtual desktop app.

You have to turn the feature on in dash settings.

Then you point at the window, on your desktop, press trigger then grab it.

Set that new pane to pin, position as you want it and re-focus ed on the desktop view.

That pane will now only display that window regardless if ed us on top of it on the desktop view.

Last edited:
Top Bottom