What other games are we all playing?

EDIT: So I'm bored of E:D after playing less hours of it then almost any other game I've bought in the last two years. I find myself going back to older games and reliving the excitements.

So what are ya'll playing to hold you over? What are you waiting for that will bring you back to E:D?

Me: Coh2, Sim city 5, a little bf4 and some Heroes and Generals
Err tough one, oh wait
Elite dangerous

I've been replaying the 'Uncharted' series on my PS4. I'm now half-way through 'Uncharted 3'.

I'd had it in my head that I disliked 'Uncharted 2' quite a lot, but replaying it has made me think it might be my favourite of the series. Nepal is gorgeous.

I've always liked the Uncharted series - the stories are bobbins but the banter is top-notch.

To me these are modern rail shooters, interactive movies, that pale in comparison to real open world games. I only played Uncharted 2 (?) on PS3, but one playthrough is more than enough.
The only similar game I really like is Max Payne 3, I was actually considering picking it up again for PC.

Aside of World of Warshuips and some AC Black Flag, I play Stardew Valley occasionally when the kids are around. It is actually better than I expected, truly relaxing game.

To me these are modern rail shooters, interactive movies, that pale in comparison to real open world games. I only played Uncharted 2 (?) on PS3, but one playthrough is more than enough.
Oh they're definitely not open-world games but, in their defence, they don't really claim to be. As you say, they're interactive movies. I wonder how much I'd like them if it weren't for the dialogue?

---
Chloe Frazer:The files are in his tent, and his tent is in the middle of the camp. It's like an armed compound, there are soldiers everywhere.
Nathan Drake:Well, that's why it has to be an inside job. From someone they know and trust.
Chloe Frazer:Oh, okay, I see where this is going.
Nathan Drake:I'll just need a diversion. You give me five minutes in that tent, that's all it'll take.
Chloe Frazer:Really, five minutes? Well, that's great, I won't even have to get my top off.
Nathan Drake:Chloe, I was thinking more like an explosion.
Chloe Frazer:Or that... Can be arranged.
---
Nathan Drake: A helicopter?! How the hell am I supposed to take out a hello! (having just spotted a mounted gun he can use)
---

IL2 Bos. Its just crazy to me that FD can start with such a loyal fan base and just keep abusing them. Youd think they would realize there would be economic blow back on their other products. The recent FSS fiasco is a new low even for FD.

You cant really compare them. Apart from the plot, RDR2 is a whole other experience. Playing RDR1 today makes me realise how far the industry has evolved. RDR2 is just light years ahead of its predecessor.

One of the things that stands out when playing RDR on my 360 is the horrendous aliasing. I can imagine 4k on the X looks a lot smoother.

Even at 1080p on the Xbox one X.... and never a missed frame or graphic glitch in it's entirety. Seriously beautiful game, lighting is spot on, atmosphere...ach, just makes me want to fire it up again...

5Qo8Hec.png

lqC0sbh.png

BkfQ17S.png

Last edited:
I wish there were more devs out there producing these kind of quality games.

There are in fairness. Off top of my head:

CDprojekt with Witcher series especially the final game Witcher 3

Arkane with Dishonored series and Prey as recent examples

Larian studios with the Divinity Original Sin series.

Just off top of my head.

There are in fairness. Off top of my head:

CDprojekt with Witcher series especially the final game Witcher 3

Arkane with Dishonored series and Prey as recent examples

Larian studios with the Divinity Original Sin series.

Just off top of my head.

I know there are a few others, to bad the games you mention are all of a genre I don't like as much.
LGM with Starpoint Gemini is a good developer too, a small indy but with their resources they produce a pretty good game.

There are just a few gems like rdr though, especialy in the last five years, imho the focus becomes way to strong on multiplayer games as service.
It's typical to see that the most best games are single player imho.

What always fascinated me the most about RDR was the superb environment design, no matter how jagged the pixels were,
it still looked awesome no matter what "biome" you went to. I'm still having to wait to play RDR2. Even though i own a Day-One XBone it wouldn't really live up to it.
And honestly, in 360 times i bought like 3 consoles over the con-gen's lifespan because they all broke down. Not gonna ever get either a S or X XBone, fool me once.. :)
So gotta play the waiting game even if it proves much harder than i thought it would. I feel like a n00b while everyone talks about it, and me being a RDR first day fan,
not being able to join in on the talk. Sad Panda Face

If I'm being honest with you, buy a console and just be amazed with RDR2. If you think RDR had great environmental design, you haven't seen anything yet. I was totally blown away through the whole play through.

[/QUOTE]
I went back and played TW3
Even at 1080p on the Xbox one X.... and never a missed frame or graphic glitch in it's entirety. Seriously beautiful game, lighting is spot on, atmosphere...ach, just makes me want to fire it up again...

5Qo8Hec.png

lqC0sbh.png

BkfQ17S.png

I did experience a minor graphics bug on 1.01 where the whole image was completely without the otherwise so aggressive AA. It looked awful haha but it was only for a second or so.

Horses can get bugged sometimes but it's better now compared to how it was at release where the horses could trip on stones big as acorns.

If I'm being honest with you, buy a console and just be amazed with RDR2. If you think RDR had great environmental design, you haven't seen anything yet. I was totally blown away through the whole play through.

If you told me like ten years ago i might have followed the advice. Today, i'm much more careful.
What if i get a XBoneX and then a week later Rockstar announces RDR2 will come to PC and with VR support...

I might get fined for console cruelty, if that was the case.

If you told me like ten years ago i might have followed the advice. Today, i'm much more careful.
What if i get a XBoneX and then a week later Rockstar announces RDR2 will come to PC and with VR support...

I might get fined for console cruelty, if that was the case.
I get what you're saying.
A few years ago, I promised myself never to buy a console again after months of repairs and issues with a 360.

If RDR2 come to PC I will buy a new computer so I can enjoy the game with ReShade and mods and all kinds of stuff. 😁

I get what you're saying.
A few years ago, I promised myself never to buy a console again after months of repairs and issues with a 360.

If RDR2 come to PC I will buy a new computer so I can enjoy the game with ReShade and mods and all kinds of stuff. 😁

Ha sounds just like the younger me :D

I'm seriously hoping they'll bring it to VR when it eventually comes to a PC release.
If you look at Rockstar's usual strategy, then it even makes a lot of sense.
They've been testing it with LA Noire, and they deliberately chose LAN over GTA because that would have just become chaotic very quickly.
So if we assume they did actually make a LANVR to dip their feet into the pool, RDR2 would be the next thing that comes to mind.
GTA VI or GTA: ??? is not gonna happen for another year or two, so my bet is on RDR2. And Rockstar so far always found a way to have us nerds buy more than one copy.
If i look at my library )PC,Steam and Consoles), it worked with me, and i'm sure you can say the same. And hands down, RDR2VR would be the ultimate jawdropper, wouldn't it?

I'll wait and see. Good thing is my Steam library is so full of games i haven't even played yet, it's a great distraction! :)

You guys find me a PC that can give me XBox One X visuals for about $500 USD, and I might consider getting it.

Well, technically speaking, the xbox one is a PC with defined hardware. The problem is, its probably sold as a loss leader, so making an equivalent PC with new parts might be hard. But with second hand parts it probably is possible.

Well, technically speaking, the xbox one is a PC with defined hardware. The problem is, its probably sold as a loss leader, so making an equivalent PC with new parts might be hard. But with second hand parts it probably is possible.
XB1X is a very fine machine, and I can get one cheaper than a PS4 Pro right now on Amazon, but I don't want to fork over that kind of $$ just for another gaming machine. It's too bad Microsoft didn't sell a Windows version of the XB1X (same hardware but running Windows Home), as I'd very tempted by that, assuming price was similar.

XB1X is a very fine machine, and I can get one cheaper than a PS4 Pro right now on Amazon, but I don't want to fork over that kind of $$ just for another gaming machine. It's too bad Microsoft didn't sell a Windows version of the XB1X (same hardware but running Windows Home), as I'd very tempted by that, assuming price was similar.

I'm not sure hey could monetize it the same if it had windows on it.

EDIT: wondered if it was possible to load Windows onto an xbox, but looks like Microsoft's control of both hardware and software makes it very difficult. Looks like the best you can do is Linux with a windows VM.

Quite amusing though, the only way to get a MS OS running on a MS designed computer is via Linux.

Last edited:

If I already had a PS4 then I wouldn't have bought the XB1X either, I've been an Xbox player though since I stopped playing games on PC.
I just couldn't be bothered anymore with having to upgrade my hardware every other year or the fidgeting around with drivers.
Right now I'm pretty satisfied with choosing the Xbox path, the One X is a fine machine, PC might give an even better quality or framerate but the One X in 4k with hdr support is good enough for me.
When the Xbox 2 comes out and is significantly better then the One X then I'll probably buy that one too.
My son would love that because my previous console find it's way to his room, he's got the regular Xbox One now.

Top Bottom