Ship theft?

As someone else pointed out to me - the other person who has dreams was Halsey, and she ended up finding the Guardians (according to the codex, if not IRL).

Well Braben has talked about stowaway and hijacking since the beginning, so part of me hopes they're planning to somehow add this soon without waiting for legs. I'm not sure how well that would work with a docked player ship, but stealing and taking an NPC ship for a joyride could be fun. Outside of stations though, I've always wanted to be able to board an unattended ship with my SRV. :D

Does anybody actually care about most of the non relevant and non interactive stories popping up on Galnet?

A president accused of corruption. Yep, that really has a place in Elite where gameplay is concerned. Lol.

Galnet creates story background noise. Just like normal news, none to little of what you read there will have any real effect on you. Galnet's purpose is to make the Elite world feel a little bit more alive. That's what it has always been as far as I can remember. Not sure why people expect that to suddenly change.

The more I read the Romero's news the more I remember the Expresident Hasley declarations after her rescue.
Maybe this event is the way Frontier uses to tell us we didn't put enough attention to that. Tied with Raxxla? Maybe Tied each other? I'm pretty sure.

Deleted member 38366

D
The more I read the Romero's news the more I remember the Expresident Hasley declarations after her rescue.
Maybe this event is the way Frontier uses to tell us we didn't put enough attention to that. Tied with Raxxla? Maybe Tied each other? I'm pretty sure.

Since I was in the area, I did something I normally don't : check the place out. Got the permit, so why not.

But unsurprisingly.... nothing in Vega. As expected, business as usual in the System. (since local news aren't a thing anymore, not even a single line to read at the mentioned Station lol)
So even if it's supposed to be a lead of some sort or form, that just doesn't work.
For the time being, I file all that under the same label as i.e. Utopian sims "Pilots from all over the Galaxy can buy in Antal" (quote GALnet).
Fluff. Fake news. There's just nothing there. Wasn't in 3301 and there isn't anything in 3305.

Probably the reason GALnet has become entirely burnt up and 100% unusable to transport any Story anymore. It's long lost all credibility it once might have had.

So for as long as there isn't a clearly visible line between "background fluff - read but don't/can't get involved" and "Fools! It's a hint, check it out any maybe you find something!"... not taking any chances. Doesn't matter what it is.
(basically applying the old rule : "Screenshot/Video - or it didn't happen". Works surprisingly well when applied to GALnet and saves alot of trouble ;) )

Since I was in the area, I did something I normally don't : check the place out. Got the permit, so why not.

But unsurprisingly.... nothing in Vega. As expected, business as usual in the System. (since local news aren't a thing anymore, not even a single line to read at the mentioned Station lol)
So even if it's supposed to be a lead of some sort or form, that just doesn't work.
For the time being, I file all that under the same label as i.e. Utopian sims "Pilots from all over the Galaxy can buy in Antal" (quote GALnet).
Fluff. Fake news. There's just nothing there. Wasn't in 3301 and there isn't anything in 3305.

Probably the reason GALnet has become entirely burnt up and 100% unusable to transport any Story anymore. It's long lost all credibility it once might have had.

So for as long as there isn't a clearly visible line between "background fluff - read but don't/can't get involved" and "Fools! It's a hint, check it out any maybe you find something!"... not taking any chances. Doesn't matter what it is.
(basically applying the old rule : "Screenshot/Video - or it didn't happen". Works surprisingly well when applied to GALnet and saves alot of trouble ;) )
Maybe a bit off topic; but i truly regret FD is such a bad story teller. Here there is an entire galaxy to play with, a sandbox granted, and all they fill it with is the vacuum of space and some stories typed out, without any real significance; at least i don't feel they have. Please give me some mystery and some bread crumbs to follow; leads that lead to new mysteries, but in the end to a solution; then start something new.

I got into Elite at the tail end of the Formadine Rift mystery, before it became all spelled out, and the ideas some of the Rifters came up with would have been easy ways to start a long-term story, even with large groups of commanders taking part: put a few custom textures on night sides of Earth-like planets in the rift, hand place a field of systems with way too many asteroid fields and not enough planets, etc. Eventually a payoff would be necessary, but determining the nature and extent of mysteries of that type could have played out over the long term.

When a player base has confidence you have a story, there can be a lot of latitude given, and it's been a bit of a mystery to me why they haven't yet tried to tell more stories of that type. I guess maybe I'm not the target audience as a lover of long-form mysteries.

I understand the tools available have their limits, but maybe they're turning over a new leaf with these interstellar initiatives.

Top Bottom