Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, just how many players do we think are cheating in this game? I find it odd that most people interested in a game like ED would then forfeit their opportunity to play by using cheats. It's not like we're talking about Fortnite here.

Out of curiosity, just how many players do we think are cheating in this game? I find it odd that most people interested in a game like ED would then forfeit their opportunity to play by using cheats. It's not like we're talking about Fortnite here.

just 1 IMO - Grom

I'm not inclined to make the distinction. To me, cheating is cheating. After all the end results is within a video game, something not so important in the over all.

In all cases a consistent and measured response is the best way to proceed. Escalating punishment is fair, and understandable. Peeps who make a bad decision, have a chance to mend their ways. The best thing is to take away a cheaters ability to affect others, completely during the punishment phase.

Cheat within client using exploits around in game mechanics....

3 strike.

Download, install and operate a hacking tool designed to break the game and provide huge sweeping advantages to the user.

BAN.

Seems measured to me and with another tier added.

You have spoken in past posts here about, 'appropriate response, Circumstances matter, of a mind that one kind of cheater, leads to being another kind of cheater', Then we should nip the Hacking tool cheat in the bud.

I guarantee a press release (...) will be in place within 48hrs.

probably. sprinkled with some exemplary bans. (*1)

and hot fix

sorry, no, that's not how it works.

you will have to stick with this until a new era comes. just be glad you hadn't noticed in 5 years. yeah, a press release will have to do. and, yeah, hope for the new.

(*1) which means: don't count me in on this one. i still love to play elite every other month or two, i have already made peace with this a long time ago and ... don't want to have to blame tj for cheating, that would be low!

This implies that we ever, at any point, cared about our BGS. The entire point of getting one was to give carebears an easy target to waste their time "killing" that we couldn't care less about. Worked flawlessly, twice.

Yes I know, perhaps you misunderstood or I was not clear to Mr Chimp - Don't waste you time with with attacking SDC's BGS they don't care -was what I was trying to tell him.

I think this happens in every online game for PC, it is something that will always be. Scripting the code is not a hard thing to do if you have had any programming at all.
Most of which FDev will have no idea that it's being done or anything they can do about it. I have seen in many games and it is usually the people on top of the game- that'show they got to the top to start with but in ED it would seem less of a thing to do because there is not really a "Top" kinda thing to achieve with the exception of the CQC.

Imagine how many 1st discoveries out there have been robbed from us legitimate explorers by cheaters?!

I've only watched Platers video so far, but it showed sliders for extra jump range, no FSD cool downs, scan from any angle....... the buggers are affecting ALL of us!

Cheat within client using exploits around in game mechanics....

3 strike.

Download, install and operate a hacking tool designed to break the game and provide huge sweeping advantages to the user.

BAN.

Seems measured to me and with another tier added.

You have spoken in past posts here about, 'appropriate response, Circumstances matter, of a mind that one kind of cheater, leads to being another kind of cheater', Then we should nip the Hacking tool cheat in the bud.

Conveniently bypassing the in game cheats. I get your message.

Yes. I do. I assumed you'd speak for them if you cared to.

It's a job. I'm sure you cats could use some good press. It sure would raise your visibility - imagine the press you'd get. "Greivers Go White Hat." Etc...

This thead is not whitehat behaviour. Greyhat would be a better description.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom