Small Plasma Accelerators

What it says on the tin: would really like C1 PAs for more flexible load outs. Heck - SLFs have Plasma weapons so it must be possible!!

I was a class 4 railgun while you're at it. :p

Bigger railguns FD ruled out a long time ago. They stated that they were testing it, but they found no way to get it balanced. They were unable to find any middle-ground between "feels too weak for a railgun of that size" and "does too much damage and instantly kills some ships".

And while the last may sound like fun for players, remember that it only sounds like fun while you're the one using it. You might feel different when you get insta-killed by somebody, let alone a NPC with a ship full of railguns.

And if the problem was already too big for them to handle at old times, now imagine how things would be when the first NPC with fully engineered C4 railguns comes around. (Without ever caring for heat, NPCs are disposable and don't mind boiling their internals. )

I just think they’d really open up possibilities for making the most of the ASP-X’s 4 C1 hardpoints or the 3 C1s on the Chieftan.

Would also potentially be a good “punches above it’s class” weapon for the C1 hardpoints on the front of the Corvette or Mamba - opening up the loadout flexibility on those ships too.

cytos will already eat the wep capacitor of a chieftain, one of my biggest problems with figuring out a platform for them was getting something with small hardpoints that still has a distro capable of sustaining them

cytos will already eat the wep capacitor of a chieftain, one of my biggest problems with figuring out a platform for them was getting something with small hardpoints that still has a distro capable of sustaining them
I've found an Eagle can sustain 1 or 2 of them okay (contrary to what Coriolis says).

I was a class 4 railgun while you're at it. :p
Gauss cannons. Class 3 as well.
Bigger railguns FD ruled out a long time ago. They stated that they were testing it, but they found no way to get it balanced. They were unable to find any middle-ground between "feels too weak for a railgun of that size" and "does too much damage and instantly kills some ships".

And while the last may sound like fun for players, remember that it only sounds like fun while you're the one using it. You might feel different when you get insta-killed by somebody, let alone a NPC with a ship full of railguns.

And if the problem was already too big for them to handle at old times, now imagine how things would be when the first NPC with fully engineered C4 railguns comes around. (Without ever caring for heat, NPCs are disposable and don't mind boiling their internals. )
They need to make it so that they heat up your ship from 22 to 100+ for larger railguns and gauss cannons.

They need to make it so that they heat up your ship from 22 to 100+ for larger railguns and gauss cannons.

And what would that do? It would solve the non-exiting problem of "feels too powerful when used by players, needs to be reduced". It would not solve the problem of "feels too powerful in the hands of an NPC". The NPC would still fire it. Sure it would loose a few percent on all modules and would cook itself off in limited time. But NPCs by definition are disposable and are quickly replaced by a new one.

It's why so many people already now think that NPCs cheat. They in many aspects do not, they just also don't plan ahead, which means they can do things where any thinking player would stop and decide against.

Top Bottom