An essay to FDev:

I guess that's because the last popular hack stopped working two years ago (where people claimed to have lost complete access to their accounts and other have been shadow banned) when Frontier added tools to detect that hack. The same will probably happen to the current one.

The elephant in the room is probably that there is no elephant. :D
Apparently it took the hackers two years to beat Frontiers cheat detection mechanism. Frontier is probably currently busy improving it like they did last time. The same happens with basically any other online game.

The methods described in that post are very good, now, are they enforced or not?

Showing that X does not exist is much harder than showing X exists.

Not explicitly though the banning methods described by Ryan do not talk about shadowbanning.
Ryan doesn't work for FDEV though. FDEV on the other hand says that they are shadow banning players and some people on hacker forums also they have been shadow banned.

Ryan doesn't work for FDEV though. FDEV on the other hand says that they are shadow banning players and some people on hacker forums also they have been shadow banned.

At least from the forum that was shared to me by Augony Aunt via PM, there are only two threads that mention bans and in one of them, they give the following description:

Shadow bans:

You can't see any player except other shadow banned ones (they are very few, I own most of those accounts

What you do doesn't affect the BGS (can"t flip system like any other player could, I do it weekly on non shadow banned accounts)

You can hand PP merits and do anything you could normaly, but they don't count in real PP.

You can take part in CG but if not mistaken once again it won't show for the real total number in the CG. earning should be the same.

FD say combat logging is against the EULA, try and combat log and be sure someone reports, not much will happen. Exegious talks about this, the enforcement of these rules is not consistent.

I never said they were, but combat logging is violating the EULA and FD have always said they "take actions".
They do. First thing is that you get an email warning. Problem is that you can't 100% reliably detect combat logging. We just had a thread about that. Most people don't brag about getting a warning for combat logging though.

PS
A hack on the other hand will get you banned quite reliable once it's detected and analysed. You can easily test it yourself by downloading the last popular hack and get banned within a few minutes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom