How to avoid Gankers.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What of the third kind of people that are just not interested. They want to set a narrative for their journey, without the pollution of having to grind mats or coping with DnD nerds playing chaotic evil space vampires.

There's already so few content in Elite. If I want some competitive PvP I'll just launch Quake instead.
What about posting in the Quake forum then? 😝

What about posting in the Quake forum then? 😝

I dont have to cope with chaotic evil nerds in Quake. Everyone is chaotic evil there.
Here, you have an aborted pvp attempt diluted between three factions not even at war, so many PP minibosses marrying each others.
And the usual ganker who'll explode AX ships for the lulz, roleplaying the slightly undiscerning military force.

Should I accept this mediocrity or may I still ask for something a bit more interesting and challenging?

What of the third kind of people that are just not interested. They want to set a narrative for their journey, without the pollution of having to grind mats or coping with DnD nerds playing chaotic evil space vampires.

There's already so few content in Elite. If I want some competitive PvP I'll just launch Quake instead.

If you're not interested what are you doing in Open mode? Open is Open whether you like it or not.

I dont have to cope with chaotic evil nerds in Quake. Everyone is chaotic evil there.
Here, you have an aborted pvp attempt diluted between three factions not even at war, so many PP minibosses marrying each others.
And the usual ganker who'll explode AX ships for the lulz, roleplaying the slightly undiscerning military force.

Should I accept this mediocrity or may I still ask for something a bit more interesting and challenging?

Don't ask. Do it yourself.

If you're not interested what are you doing in Open mode? Open is Open whether you like it or not.

Don't ask. Do it yourself.

Open is open. Ask for FDev to label it PvP mode if you're not happy about that. I take it as it was designed, a free for all sandbox where you'll meet any sort of peeps, and use block if I see fit.

Every post I've ever seen from you has been complaining that you don't like features of the game or the way other people like to play it. Maybe you should just go find another game to play.

Every post I've ever seen from you has been complaining that you don't like features of the game or the way other people like to play it. Maybe you should just go find another game to play.

Hey you're the DarthVadder guy?

What's on dude? You tried BattleFront yet? I found a black cape on eBay, PM me I'll throw you the link.

Please, you're much obliged. Can you propose anything new in open that doesn't involve hundred of hours of grind?

Sure. Here's a few things I've found fun over the past couple years:

1) Be a blockade runner at CGs (or whatever they're called these days) or heck, just at Shinrarta or Deciat.
2) Find a PP control system and support a minor faction there that's opposed to the controlling power's ethos.
3) Come to Colonia and adopt an unsupported minor faction.

No grind required!

Please, you're much obliged. Can you propose anything new in open that doesn't involve hundred of hours of grind?
What you call 'grind' is actually the game.
The Engineers, the Guardians, the flying about collecting data, the occasional pirate.... that is the game.

If a large part of the game is 'grind' to you then you've selected the wrong game.

If you want PvP without additional game involved you should look at Battlefield 5 or any other number of FPS that have minimal character development and no story beyond the blurb on the back of the CD case. This isn't me being rude - this is me encouraging people who find 99% of a particular title to be a grind to go find a game that gets them to their happy place in less time.

Don't spend weeks getting to your happy place.
Buy a game that gets you there the moment you hit 'Start'.

Sure. Here's a few things I've found fun over the past couple years:

1) Be a blockade runner at CGs (or whatever they're called these days) or heck, just at Shinrarta or Deciat.
2) Find a PP control system and support a minor faction there that's opposed to the controlling power's ethos.
3) Come to Colonia and adopt an unsupported minor faction.

No grind required!

Damn I could block people in Colonia too. And I just got access to Shinrarta.

The credits are easy but to recollect all the mats again, unlock engineers and guardian stuff. It would be a nightmare...

It's actually not that bad. My main account is still lost in the Solitude Void, so I started a new one to check out the IntIniative. It took a week of casual play to earn enough to cobble together an A-rated scavenger ship, unlock 5 engineers, Max out what little they could do for me, and I'm now out at the Prospect Landing in a barely engineered DBS. I reck on it will take another week once the IntIniative is over (of casual play) to unlock the important engineers (Palin, Selene, Cheung, Didi, Broo, Zach, etc.) and I'm not fussed about speed collecting mats, I'll have plenty by the time I've unlocked more engineers to get a good start - add the experimentals and pin the blueprints. Knowledge... about credit earning, engineering, ships/weapons... makes it so much easier.

Having said that, don't leave PS4... once the stragglers get back from DW2 it'll pick up. I saw nine different cmdrs in about an hour near Prospect today.

Half the fun is collecting all the salt here in the forums, so I’ll carry on.

Right, so you are way worse than the gankers.

At least they can play the game well, and kill your ship at will.
That annoys you so bad that you want them to suffer out of game.
Not playing with them is simply not enough for you.
You do you, that said.

But the lack of self awareness is REALLY funny.

LOL

In a couple of months I plan on running out to Colonia to clear it of rats.
I hope to get some others involved in this effort - they got a lot of rats out that way.

It's the new Eravate or so it seems. Not so late when ganking starter system was a thing, some guys here happily obliged that kind of sport.

FDev is getting there, slowly. Pvp is still aborted, but keeping posting about it being may get some result for 2020.

What you call 'grind' is actually the game.
The Engineers, the Guardians, the flying about collecting data, the occasional pirate.... that is the game.

If a large part of the game is 'grind' to you then you've selected the wrong game.

If you want PvP without additional game involved you should look at Battlefield 5 or any other number of FPS that have minimal character development and no story beyond the blurb on the back of the CD case. This isn't me being rude - this is me encouraging people who find 99% of a particular title to be a grind to go find a game that gets them to their happy place in less time.

Don't spend weeks getting to your happy place.
Buy a game that gets you there the moment you hit 'Start'.

Elite is a space sim, with a decent fly model and awful MMORPG mechanics. If you're here for the grind, it's the worst aspect of the game you're coming to get.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom