My theory about Thargoids ships

Thargoids ships are definitely made of organic and biological materials. The only manufactured elements are the ones that we can collect after destroying them.
My theory is that the Thargoid Ships are bodies.
There's no Thargoid inside, they control the body with an advanced telepresence, like in the Avatar movie.
When we destroy a ship the body dies but not the Thargoid that is controlling it. They clearly suffer incredible pain because we can hear them screaming but then they wake up in their control room in their mother ship (and then they maybe have to pay the body re-buy 🤭).
So the bad news is that up to now we still haven't killed any Thargoids, we are just destroying their advanced avatar and that we will never be able to control any thargoid ship in the game.

This theory would also confirm the presence of hearts in the Interceptors. I came to this conclusion by looking carefully at the interiors of a scout that I destroyed yesterday that from the inside really looks like a body and not like a vehicle:

Deleted member 38366

D
Considering Thargoid Vessels drop like flies throughout the Bubble, I'm surprised we haven't seen a "Master Chefs Thargoburger" open up ;)

Maybe all that Biomass is too exotic even by 3305 standards...

Hmm that last picture...are those Thargoids "constructing" new ship? If so you made my day lol :D Just be aware that Frontier might find such picture offensive and you might get a warning lol.

Maybe Thargoid soldiers are grown into the ships they pilot. Kinda cyborged (or bioborged?) into it, handling the controls like an extension of their own body.

Maybe Thargoid soldiers are grown into the ships they pilot. Kinda cyborged (or bioborged?) into it, handling the controls like an extension of their own body.
This could work. They have normal childhood, playing computer games, Thargoid football, going to school, having fun. At age of 18, in some Thargoind societies in age of 21 they creates a cocon and become a ship. Time to get productive little Thargoids!

Could be, although someone would likely have found one by now if they were in-game assets.

Thargoids are maybe smart enough not to convert their Motherships into floating Biomass as well, they're wasting enough Ships already as it is.
Well Raxxla most definitely exists (if we're to believe DB and MB) and yet, somehow, we still haven't found it. ;)

Seems at least a bit plausible. I noticed, too that the bioluminescence does not stop when they are "dead". So further theorized that we aren't actually killing any of them. Just severely disabling them.

Then again, could just be a snafu in the texture (more likely than a deep story about how they aren't dead).

Could be, although someone would likely have found one by now if they were in-game assets.

Thargoids are maybe smart enough not to convert their Motherships into floating Biomass as well, they're wasting enough Ships already as it is.
We need to distinguish here:
Thargoids Mothership exists in the lore. I'm quite sure we have one or even "some" in the locked COL 70 sector.
We probably don't have any in the assets because it's content reserved for the future.

In my opinion they are pretty much like the Zerg from StarCraft and you're right SenseiMatty - Thargoid Ships are bodies. Each Thargoid is a separate being, from smallest creatures to their hives - eveything connected with collective mind.

I do wonder if it was an Interceptor they encountered, having previous only encountered the scout ships.

Or at least the 3100 versions if they were different.
I don't think that any INRA soldier would describe Interceptors or any other Thargoid ships we've seen so far as being huge.

Deleted member 38366

D
Well Raxxla most definitely exists (if we're to believe DB and MB) and yet, somehow, we still haven't found it. ;)

True. Considering it's supposedly in-Game since V1.0 (when almost everything was a placeholder) yet nothing was even found in the Game files.... what does that tell us about the Credibility of DB or MB on that topic?

Remember they've always emphasized selling the Product and frequently worked with perception management foremost.

Biggest question that comes to my mind is : whatever it'll turn out to be - will it be worth it having wasting cumulative tens of thousand Player hours chasing ghosts?
Let's just say I highly doubt that...

True. Considering it's supposedly in-Game since V1.0 (when almost everything was a placeholder) yet nothing was even found in the Game files.... what does that tell us about the Credibility of DB or MB on that topic?

Remember they've always emphasized selling the Product and frequently worked with perception management foremost.

Biggest question that comes to my mind is : whatever it'll turn out to be - will it be worth it having wasting cumulative tens of thousand Player hours chasing ghosts?
Let's just say I highly doubt that...
A long time ago, in a country far, far away I had a cat. And that cat, like many other cats, just loved chasing a laser pointer. He could do it for hours. Once I played with my cat and a friend visited me. I put the laser on a couch table, but the cat came and started poking the laser, while meowing and looking me in the eyes. The little obviously knew that it's me who's holding the laser and wanted to continue the game.

What I wanted so say... Ah yes. Just like that cat, I'm really enjoying the game. And honestly I really don't care if Raxxla exists or not, if it's completely overhyped and if at the end we'll find only a lousy message. I learned so much about so many things because of Raxxla, because we're most probably completely overthinking and overcomplicating it.

(Exactly because of the perception managament I've put that disclaimer in parentheses. ;) FD just loves overhyping things.)

Raxxla is in Maia B (the black hole) but we can't see it. If it's not Raxxla then it's some other type of portal. It's the only reason why so many Thargoids are there. There's no reason to be 350k LY from a starport that they could attack anytime and the number of non-human uss's there is incredible...

Raxxla is in Maia B (the black hole) but we can't see it. If it's not Raxxla then it's some other type of portal. It's the only reason why so many Thargoids are there. There's no reason to be 350k LY from a starport that they could attack anytime and the number of non-human uss's there is incredible...

That is one interesting and not out of this world theory...

There is a new group of Raxxla seekers, the MRI in Facebook if u are not there u should join...

I will be taking Maia B into account in my next explorations in that "lore" of the game, atm in Maia taking a crack at killing thargoids, did my 1st combat ever vs 4 scouts yesterday and loved it, was so easy...

Top Bottom