Attention, no visual on landing gear!

Just heard the subject line message from a station controller (on a relatively High G planetary base no less)...

Oops.

First time for me, was very nice of him to warn me before I finished landing. I'd tip him if the game let me.

Are there any other interesting messages they could send that a person might not experience often, if at all?

Just heard the subject line message from a station controller (on a relatively High G planetary base no less)...

Oops.

First time for me, was very nice of him to warn me before I finished landing. I'd tip him if the game let me.

Are there any other interesting messages they could send that a person might not experience often, if at all?
I haven't heard it in a while... but there was one if you initiated silent running, something like "attention commander, we've lost you on radar".

T
I like the fawning obsequious welcomes given by Imperial controllers :)
They’re not like that to me.
And the Feds practically spit at me when I request clearance.

It’s actually one of the cooler things about the game is the changes in expression and good looks and tone of voice as you get allied.

I notice it a lot because I’m in the business of government change.

I arrive somwhere and they’re cordial and nice enough, but by the end of the week they’re snippy and short with me, and they’ve handed me off to someone more junior and uglier. Real quick to scan and fine too. And by the time the war has been triggered and run its course, they’ve revoked my landing privs and I’ve had to drop the last combat bonds at some god forsaken surface port out in the boondocks.

Mind you - for a while I used to believe them when they said “You are clear to depart” and I would also be super cautious if they said “Lots of traffic in the area”.

But then either that stopped being triggered by actual traffic conditions; or I was just reading too much into RNG; or they lie to you when you are unfriendly.

I just encountered one I have never heard before.

Controller advised me to "put her down Gently now". What belly flopping a 4000 tonne ship isn't SOP? News to me...

Unless they are really having personnel troubles in that tower and he just happened to hit the mic in his panic....

T

They’re not like that to me.
And the Feds practically spit at me when I request clearance.

It’s actually one of the cooler things about the game is the changes in expression and good looks and tone of voice as you get allied.

I notice it a lot because I’m in the business of government change.

I arrive somwhere and they’re cordial and nice enough, but by the end of the week they’re snippy and short with me, and they’ve handed me off to someone more junior and uglier. Real quick to scan and fine too. And by the time the war has been triggered and run its course, they’ve revoked my landing privs and I’ve had to drop the last combat bonds at some god forsaken surface port out in the boondocks.
It's kinda cool how announcers talk about the relevant active states when you dock too. Little things for immersion...

Oops.

The message I like is the one at Imperial bases- well it's the chicks voice really, I would love to meet her!!! It is just so dang sexy 😍

It's kinda cool how announcers talk about the relevant active states when you dock too. Little things for immersion...
That Fed "Hank the Yank" always says "Make sure you choose the RIGHT side" when there's a war on.
And "Sheilah" the Aussie Fed sounds hard mean like one of the guards at the Junee Prison near Wagga Wagga.

When you're allied with the controlling faction they give you a warm welcome: "It's nice to see you CMDR"

Unless you're Hostile to the Federal Superpower, in which case it's crazy-bugged :/

E.g I land at an Imperial station, it warns that "I'm not welcome here and will be attacked on approach"... docking request... "An ally like you is always welcome here!"

That Fed "Hank the Yank" always says "Make sure you choose the RIGHT side" when there's a war on.
And "Sheilah" the Aussie Fed sounds hard mean like one of the guards at the Junee Prison near Wagga Wagga.

Also, pretty sure a bunch of people just read that and said "Those aren't words!"

Last edited:
Unless you're Hostile to the Federal Superpower, in which case it's crazy-bugged :/

That's not happening to me. I pledged to the Empire and when I go to Abraham Lincoln station (Sol) I'm Hostile but still they give me a warm welcome because I'm allied with all factions.

That's not happening to me. I pledged to the Empire and when I go to Abraham Lincoln station (Sol) I'm Hostile but still they give me a warm welcome because I'm allied with all factions.

Powerplay Hostile isn't Federal Superpower hostile... PP's hostile is actually some kinda fake thing that doesn't actually cause proper Hostile mechanics... yet another way Hostile is broken.

I'll record some approaches in the hope of catching it. It's a known issue and, if you're instanced with some other players, can cause the station to glitch and actually become hostile, even if Allied.

EDIT: Got the video, just uploading now. Sequence of events is
  • Imperial owned station
  • Allied with owner faction (Imperial)
  • Allied with Empire (per above screenshot)
  • Verbal greeting is "Cease your approach, fighters have been scrambled to intercept" which is one of the "hostile" greetings.
  • Request docking, get "An ally like you is always welcome here" in chat window.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2b304Ozto0

Last edited:
The other day flight control warned me, "Commander, it appears your landing gear is popping up through the floor of your Viper. Be careful!"

Top Bottom