Pulse Wave Scanners for Explorers Anchorage?

Don't forget we've got a fair bit in stock locally - https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/outfitting/current - cheaper to buy a new one than pay for shipping, in most cases.
(Especially if you're not planning to stay, since then you'll need to pay for shipping twice)
I've decided to stay a while and have bought most of what I need locally and only transferred a couple engineered modules. Already building good rep. Problem is I can't find a PWA for deep core mining. Not just for the money but also so I can mine Osmium to unlock an engineer. All I have is the mining gear from months ago. I'm currently outfitting my Python with that and will see what kind of luck I can have surface mining with my 2 mining lasers, prospector/collector limpets and refinery.

Edit: is there anything I'm missing? I know deep core mining/outfitting is relatively new and requires other modules but not sure if I need to change or add something for laser mining. Not sure if any of these other modules are applicable to laser mining.

Last edited:
I'm currently outfitting my Python with that and will see what kind of luck I can have surface mining with my 2 mining lasers, prospector/collector limpets and refinery.
That's all you need - you should have the Osmium pretty quick if you drop into any metallic ring (no need to look for hotspots, it's all over the place in them)

That's all you need - you should have the Osmium pretty quick if you drop into any metallic ring (no need to look for hotspots, it's all over the place in them)

Yeah, I went ahead and tried with what I had last night. Got the Osmium and almost 20 million in painite and others. Not great but not too bad, I guess. I just dropped into the metallic ring right outside Jacques Station. It took a while to get back into it and fill my one hundred forty something cargo capacity but I got it done and now know what sells well out there and to whom so I should be more efficient now. Or as efficient as I can be laser mining.

I also had to kill a few bad guys trying to steal from me so that added time but also bounty credits. Glad I went ahead and rolled with 3 multi cannons, shield gen, a couple boosters and a couple point defense mods. The point defense mods are really nice holding off the hatch breakers while I'm getting everything switched to combat. Got my multis from grade 3 to grade 4 and added some nice experimentals at the engineer afterward.

Yeah, I went ahead and tried with what I had last night. Got the Osmium and almost 20 million in painite and others. Not great but not too bad, I guess. I just dropped into the metallic ring right outside Jacques Station. It took a while to get back into it and fill my one hundred forty something cargo capacity but I got it done and now know what sells well out there and to whom so I should be more efficient now. Or as efficient as I can be laser mining.
For very efficient laser mining, have a look at the metallic ring of Randgnid 4, and where the Painite hotspots are in it. The intersection of the two has a lot of laser-minable Painite.

For very efficient laser mining, have a look at the metallic ring of Randgnid 4, and where the Painite hotspots are in it. The intersection of the two has a lot of laser-minable Painite.
I was there a couple of nights ago with my alt account in a Phantom and got 29 mil CR in less than an hour for 77 tonnes mined.
Doing this while waiting for PWA to be stocked in the Colonia.
I would prefer to be deep core mining but there you go....

Thanks for that info! I've already looked through several systems now and found metallic rings but no painite hotspots. Found every -ite hotspot except those. Even the couple I've found through Google didn't have hotspots after I DSS them. It was months old info so I assume the devs removed them. The metallic ring right outside Jacques doesn't have any hotspots but the outer icy one does. Monazite, etc.

I'll check your suggestion out this afternoon. I haven't been to that system yet.

So I managed to mine, haul and sell 170 painite in one run. Sold it at Jacques for around 70 million. Not bad! It did take me an hour and a half to an hour and 45 because I only had two 3A collectors, 4 limpets. I may swap a 3 for a 5 but then I lose a decent amount of storage in the Python.

I currently have 164 storage plus the 8 bin 4A refinery. Then a shield gen, 3C prospector and the two 3A collectors. I thought about dropping to a 3A refinery to open up the grade 4 slot if I swap one of the 3A collectors for a 5A. I'd still lose some storage with a larger refinery but maybe not as much. I'll have to look into it.

Top Bottom