So what's in the QoL update2?

As we aim our speculations super high for the next phase for 2020, we still have the current phase 2019 QoL Phase to enjoy.

I have enjoyed a lot of the new additions to the game since the first 2019 Update 1,
And although it feels like QA, stress and bug testing some of the new features seems to have taken a hiatus, hopefully, Update2 might glean some more resources as rolling out an update to an online game is precarious at best.

So hopefully the new community Narrative/content which is starting to roll out is a more inclusive (in-game and out) tying the community together more.

In order to do so, I had a structural suggestion:
First hope:
First making the client-launcher the new start main menu screen.
This could serve as an OS specific, environmental wrapper for the game, which can then launch the 3D game, but also Web-Browser overlay, much like steam and many other UI's that use dev-kit, the menu's will be HTML/CSS, so online-content, like videos, polls, links to the shop, community tools, can be easily launched from the games own environment and the games menus and "stay" inside the environmental wrapper, without the need of an additional pop-up.

This also will give the ability to have a version of the same Client launcher (minus the 3D game), to be adapted to mobile devices, as the menu and online game information will still be the same cross-platform, even if the device doesn't have the juice to launch the game, you still have access to your commander and friends.

My second hope:
Navigational, explorational mapping tools to share the same interface (which if it is web-based, see above, could also be accessed be logging into the game-world, without starting the game, aka mobile-companion app).
  • With viewable contacts to the left, filters, search terms framing in the map framework (top or bottom and to the side,) so information and filters remain consistent when you got from galaxy view to system view to planetary view, and not have to fight with pop-ups or selecting hovering points over the 3D stars, when you want to know more.
  • Bookmarks, with colour and labels (to filter by) and for planetary surfaces.
  • System view actually incorporates FSS, System map and the orrery, so one can sidestep between them, and watch the contact list fill up as they discover more.
  • This also gives rise to the crew having access to the Navigational tools, (so they can still use the FSS) and could ergo investigate local sights or next jump possibilities and set "way-points".
  • Save/share routes: groups of way-points
Third hope, Module storage
Ship-to-ship module transfer.
So I don't need to confusing use module storage, and the ship-yard to move one module of one ship to another.
Plus, can we have like the shop interface to the stored modules so they are easier to manage.

Last edited:
Better bookmarking system, increased and organised module storage, an in-game Neutron Highway route plotter that works as well as spansh.

But remember that the odds of our getting any particular thing are inversely proportional to the amount of programming effort it would take.

I would be over the moon, if they organise the outfitting screen and provide us with the option to assign modules and weapons to a ship profile (that we can name). For example:
  • Profile 1 - Krait MkII Combat
  • Profile 2 - Krait MkII Explorer
  • Profile 3 -Krait MkII Trade
and assign appropriate modules to each. If I want to change roles I can apply the profile I want quickly and easily.

More module storage and a faster loadout and module management are a must. Maybe also allow full remote engineering including experimental effects as soon as a CMDR has completed a certain amount of engineering, the running around is getting old and doesn't really add gameplay or fun to the experience.

External commodity storage please. Even if it's just a temporary swap space at the current station.

A way to learn about module and ship availability at other stations. Improvements to the galmap filter options for facilities. Basically anything that ports the functionality of 3rd party tools into the game.

Maybe some kind of pre-purchase demo mode for ships/outfitting.

I would be over the moon, if they organise the outfitting screen and provide us with the option to assign modules and weapons to a ship profile (that we can name). For example:
  • Profile 1 - Krait MkII Combat
  • Profile 2 - Krait MkII Explorer
  • Profile 3 -Krait MkII Trade
and assign appropriate modules to each. If I want to change roles I can apply the profile I want quickly and easily.
Just buy three Kraits, for example, I have four Pythons, unarmed freighter, [old style] Miner, refugee rescue, and general [armed] trader. this way, it is easy to switch 'between' profiles :)

As I understood the maintenance program for 2019 in the run up to the big upgrade in 2020 the first TWO (of roughly quarterly) patches would be aimed at 'New Commanders".

I'll add bookmarks here just in case anyone feels this hasn't been highlighted enough.

Module sorting as well please (again- I don't feel this can be overstated).

It would also be nice with engineering to see what an upgraded module would do for the ship as a whole, not just the module. An increased optimal multiplier increase of 5% (for example) doesn't give a clear indication of what we will actually see. If I go overboard on something and the negatives outweigh the positives, I'd rather not have to start again having wasted the mats.

Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.

I.e, actually update something that needs an update.

Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay. Powerplay.

I.e, actually update something that needs an update.
My only hesitation is that burn it down and start again is a pretty big update. I'm not going to say no to any attempts at improving it though.

My only hesitation is that burn it down and start again is a pretty big update. I'm not going to say no to any attempts at improving it though.

The last proposal for Powerplay is all maths based- its about six formula tweaks, a few altered menus (plus the bombshell Open Only / weighted merits part...which might get left out / done some other time / push the button and dewit). Its an ideal fit with no extra assets required. Its been over three years since something substantial was updated in it, its way overdue (it was introduced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back in 1.3.

Top Bottom