PvP Who else loves annoying gankers and denying them their prey?

This is pretty close to the most purile dose of garbage I've read on here.

Some noob with about 5 minutes in the game makes a sweeping assumption that brands everyone a "ganker" , whatever the hell that is.
Then proceeds to enlighten us all how skilled and courageous he is as he thwarts this terrible menace.

Heads up mate. You're the problem not the solution.
Attacking other players is a valid and much supported core feature of the game.

These "gankers" that you so graciously pigeonhole by definition and deride for their playstyle in some attempt to garner popularist kudos are far more useful and necessary to the games ecosystem than whining nannies like you will ever be.

Most just want to fight someone. Anyone. Strong, weak ,alone, in wing it really doesn't matter. They're just trying to have some fun.

You on the other hand set out on your gameplay with the sole intention of spoiling another players game.

Doesn't that make You the "ganker".

If you were actually any good why not just submit and have at them?

Last edited:
This is pretty close to the most purile dose of garbage I've read on here.

Some noob with about 5 minutes in the game makes a sweeping assumption that brands everyone a "ganker" , whatever the hell that is.
Then proceeds to enlighten us all how skilled and courageous he is as he thwarts this terrible menace.

Heads up mate. You're the problem not the solution.
Attacking other players is a valid and much supported core feature of the game.

These "gankers" that you so graciously pigeonhole by definition and deride for their playstyle in some attempt to garner popularist kudos are far more useful and necessary to the games ecosystem than whining nannies like you will ever be.

Most just want to fight someone. Anyone. Strong, weak ,alone, in wing it really doesn't matter. They're just trying to have some fun.

You on the other hand set out on your gameplay with the sole intention of spoiling another players game.

Doesn't that make You the "ganker".

If you were actually any good why not just submit and have at them?
Projecting much?

Projecting much?

Yeah , a little bit. Point taken.
Just very tired of every hollow triangle being stereotyped as a negative aspect of the player base.

I'm e3 with 190 days in and 32000 kills. Only three of which were players.
Previously i headed up a wing called Ok Go which offered custom pvp scenario training to all who were so enclined.
I have hundreds of organized duals recorded in which almost all are respectfull enjoyable and quite instructive for all concerned.
I also have hundreds of unsolicited PvP encounters, which were equally as enjoyable if not always so amicable.
My friends list is full of both black and white hats. Edit and a**hats.
Hollow triangles are for many the only point this game has.

How does this ceasless running down of one segment of players help anything?

Last edited:
Yeah , a little bit. Point taken.
Just very tired of every hollow triangle being stereotyped as a negative aspect of the player base.

I'm e3 with 190 days in and 32000 kills. Only three of which were players.
Previously i headed up a wing called Ok Go which offered custom pvp scenario training to all who were so enclined.
I have hundreds of organized duals recorded in which almost all are respectfull enjoyable and quite instructive for all concerned.
I also have hundreds of unsolicited PvP encounters, which were equally as enjoyable if not always so amicable.
My friends list is full of both black and white hats.
Hollow triangles are for many the only point this game has.

How does this ceasless running down of one segment of players help anything?
I hear you. The game is short on content and interactions.

i am sick and tired to read and hear everyday that every pvper out there is a ganker or in worst case a griefer.
there is a massive community out there who are griefer ganker hunters
we in our organisation are more then 100 pvper and there are more out there.

so no not every pvpship is a threat, many fight atm that the open gets a safer place and we all hope some of the business folks and traveller come back to the open...

Deleted member 182079

D
Yeah I think the OP exaggerates a little to be fair.

Following on from my example earlier in this thread, last night I had the polar opposite experience. Met a few other CMDRs and we eventually winged up in the AX CZ. Later some squad members joined in, and a few more randoms, and it turned out to be a successful instance where close to a dozen players fought together to defeat the Hydra at the end of the session.

T'was beautiful. The fact we still had to watch our backs in case gankers joined just added to the excitement.

Edit - also just to add, in my experience at least I found that ganker numbers aren't that many in numbers - it's three, maybe four squadrons/player groups being the usual suspects, and I start to recognise their names (including ships) and take appropriate precautions.

Additionally, gankers usually =/= griefers (although they're not mutually exclusive either - also different people have different thresholds as to what constitutes causing them 'grief').

I can't actually remember the last time I was griefed, so again ime it's incredibly rare. In fact, I was probably seen as a griefer last night as I went back to Jameson's and decided to boost into the station in my 840m/s ship before logging off - unfortunately some Conda was about to exit but I saw it too late (would've made it through the slot otherwise haha), so exploded myself (and got booted to a correctional facility). Didn't do it on purpose but can see how it could be perceived that way. Apologies, Conda CMDR!

Last edited by a moderator:
well this is the definition we use in SPEAR
easy simple and effective
of course we hunt griefer more and with more force then ganker

ganker -> attacks players with obvious superior fighting power. this can relate to pilot strength, ship strength or the number of ships. the attacked player is pvper and is looking for a confrontation with other players.

griefer -> the intentional and wilful attack and destruction of ships that are inferior to chance AND that do NOT seek the way players play against players. griefer force their way of playing towards them or destroy with their "game" the gaming fun of the others.

well this is the definition we use in SPEAR
easy simple and effective
of course we hunt griefer more and with more force then ganker

ganker -> attacks players with obvious superior fighting power. this can relate to pilot strength, ship strength or the number of ships. the attacked player is pvper and is looking for a confrontation with other players.

griefer -> the intentional and wilful attack and destruction of ships that are inferior to chance AND that do NOT seek the way players play against players. griefer force their way of playing towards them or destroy with their "game" the gaming fun of the others.
X bone is fairly small risk community. There are only a couple of dozen wings of any regard and the lack of peripheral support means the skill level average is much lower.

Accordingly for me there are only three player classifications.

Known and faught.
Known , fight pending.
Unknown

Ability, intention, r'p (griefer/ganker/sherrif) , squad, ship, loadout and playstyle are part of the information file but otherwise mostly irrelevant for anything but context.

Last edited:
To be honest annoying would be killers is fun, but then being a killer is also equally fun, if not more so.
Hell if you kill your attempted murderer thats even sweeter.

But I've read a lot about how PvPers as a whole are "sociopaths" and "damaged" over the years I've been on here. Quite frankly it's wrong.
We are as much people as the folks we shoot at, we just enjoy a different aspect of the game than the PvE crowd. Don't make us bad people.

Imho.. This game needs more pews and less salt. But hell, thats just me.

i am sick and tired to read and hear everyday that every pvper out there is a ganker or in worst case a griefer.
there is a massive community out there who are griefer ganker hunters
we in our organisation are more then 100 pvper and there are more out there.

so no not every pvpship is a threat, many fight atm that the open gets a safer place and we all hope some of the business folks and traveller come back to the open...
I'm sorry you feel lumped in with that kind. If you want us non pvp's to see you differently then do something about it. Protect the mee'folk. Patrol Shinrarta and other popular systems/events and scrub the galaxy of this scum. Otherwise, all pvp type ships are seen as gankers and will be treated as such.

I'm sorry you feel lumped in with that kind. If you want us non pvp's to see you differently then do something about it. Protect the mee'folk. Patrol Shinrarta and other popular systems/events and scrub the galaxy of this scum. Otherwise, all pvp type ships are seen as gankers and will be treated as such.

I'm sorry to point this out.. But why exactly would anyone want to be matey with a group who just assumes everyone who PvP's is a ganker or a greifer?

The way I understand it those who outwardly judge folk without knowing them are often deeply unpleasent themselves.

Personally I have no wish to be affliated with such people.

Also despite being one of the more prolific player killers on my platform I still have garnered a fair amount of respect amongst the community, (Im sure some of them hate my guts and think I'm a waste of oxygen too but it takes all types) At the end of the day you can behave however you like in game provided you are'nt an abusive skidmark.

I'm sorry to point this out.. But why exactly would anyone want to be matey with a group who just assumes everyone who PvP's is a ganker or a greifer?

The way I understand it those who outwardly judge folk without knowing them are often deeply unpleasent themselves.

Personally I have no wish to be affliated with such people.

Also despite being one of the more prolific player killers on my platform I still have garnered a fair amount of respect amongst the community, (Im sure some of them hate my guts and think I'm a waste of oxygen too but it takes all types) At the end of the day you can behave however you like in game provided you are'nt an abusive skidmark.
It's about game life or death. You would give them the benefit of the doubt? Then you're a better man than me. I'll lay flowers on whichever rest world your cmdr ends up on.

It's about game life or death. You would give them the benefit of the doubt? Then you're a better man than me. I'll lay flowers on whichever rest world your cmdr ends up on.

Innocent until proven guilty my friend, innocent until proven guilty.

Also, my Cmdr has no intentions of dying just yet. He has plenty more souls to reap first.

Innocent until proven guilty my friend, innocent until proven guilty.

Also, my Cmdr has no intentions of dying just yet. He has plenty more souls to reap first.
Not when it comes to my game life. In a world where gankers can destroy you without repercussion or consequences, guilty until I jump to the next system.
And the cops in Shinrarta sucks. It wouldn't even be so bad if the security was better. They're worse than the keystone cops!

well @amadeus1171 this is exactly what we do. nearly every day. we are kinda player driven ATR with a criminal reporting system called EDR (you find info about it here in the forum)

if you wanna see some actions from us which proofes we are trying to protect non pvp folks feel free to look here...

unfortunatley the actual game mechanic is a huge advantage for the terrorist (griefer) playstile. but we are trying hard and every ship which is not destroyed is a success...

Last edited:
I can't wait to get my buttocks on PC and come mess with you boys.

Im more than aware I'll get rekt but I'm so ready to fight till I can dish it back out :3

unfortunatley the actual game mechanic is a huge advantage for the terrorist (griefer) playstile. but we are trying hard and every ship which is not destryoed is a success...

Pirate here.
I could rephrase this perfectly in another interpretation level based on my playstyle:
unfortunatley the actual game mechanic is a huge advantage for the trader playstile. but we are trying hard and every ship which is not destryoed is a success...

why?
simply because for me a ship which is not destroyed is a success, it means that the trader has simply complied and dropped my meager request (what is a 10t drop on a ship loaded with 50+ tons for cargo? that's 20%, less than VAT in most EU contries)
the game mechanic is a huge advantage to them, menu log, task kill, we know them all.

and I try hard to not destroy any trader.
I'm even soft about the "not stopping policy" and usually I'm more than happy with a hatch breaker while it tries to run away but usually they log anyway.

see you in the black cmdr.

Top Bottom