How does ++ convert to Influence % change?

I am a non combat player trying to use missions to increase the influence of a non controlling minor faction.

How do influence '+' s gained during missions translate to a faction's % influence in the BGS ?
If I get 9 +s for influence for a single minor faction for a pending civil war, how much does that increase their influence ? I did that yesterday but today I find that their influence is unchanged. What I don't know is that if other factors are also affecting it. Any experience or insights?

(at some point there will need to be a war and I will let that go the way it goes, I just want to get my faction to that point)

If your faction is in pending conflict (war or election) or in conflict itself, there isn't any INF change. during conflicts, the only thing that changes is the winning/losing slider

If your faction is in pending conflict (war or election) or in conflict itself, there isn't any INF change. during conflicts, the only thing that changes is the winning/losing slider
Strictly speaking, sometimes faction INF can be changed during the conflict. For instance, if some other faction expands into the system at that moment. But even in this case INF will be shifted equally for both sides participating in conflict.

Strictly speaking, sometimes faction INF can be changed during the conflict. For instance, if some other faction expands into the system at that moment. But even in this case INF will be shifted equally for both sides participating in conflict.
I haven't assessed this recently... it definitely used to happen but whether it's still a thing or not I'm unsure... shortly after 3.3 dropped... normalisation of influence buckets used to create fluctuations in combatant influence as well. A casual glance of various wars and influence on Inara suggests that's no longer the case, but I've not taken the time to verify.

Last edited:
I haven't assessed this recently... it definitely used to happen but whether it's still a thing or not I'm unsure. Shortly after 3.3 dropped... normalisation of influence buckets used to create fluctuations in combatant influence. A casual glance of various wars and influence on Inara suggests that's no longer the case, but I've not taken the time to verify.
Still a thing - witnessed this few days ago.

I am a non combat player trying to use missions to increase the influence of a non controlling minor faction.

I did that yesterday but today I find that their influence is unchanged.
Once pending, the warring parties have their influence locked to each other until war is resolved.
When war ends there will be an influence jump (~4% from memory).

(at some point there will need to be a war and I will let that go the way it goes, I just want to get my faction to that point)
There is no background change without CMDR activity.

I'm not quite sure what will happen in a zero traffic system that goes to war.

But I would imagine the faction that was climbing will lose the war, and the faction that holds an asset will keep it.

Basically if you do nothing, nothing will happen, you will lose the war.

And the war will take the maximum time allowed.
And the blood will still be on your hands.
Because you caused this war, you warmongering warmonger you.
Read the heartfelt cries of your NPCs! Read their harrowing GalNet reports!
You brought this system to war and now you will not fight?!
You will stand by wringing your hands while your peoples die?
Will you turn your back on the smoking incinerator towers?
And afterwards?
Will you put flowers on their graves and hug their orphans?
Will you make a nice speech at their eulogy: "They fought bravely to try to win this station for me, and I salute their pointless violent deaths"
Will you start a widows fund?

I dare you to go into a CZ and side with your faction, and just listen to your NPCs. Hear them die and touch-not your guns.
6040608.JPG
NO!

You brought this war.
Now is the time to win it.

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Last edited:
I was relying on others who are much much better at combat than I . Sort of a 'do what you're best at' thing,
BUT the other faction in the Civil War is an Alliance faction, so if you insist...

Top Bottom