How does Mission Rep Scale?

What exactly is the "Influence"? Rep I understand.
Influence is the % of a system's population who support that faction.

It's used in a lot of aspects of the Background Sim to determine conflict, expansion, retreat etc. Your best bet is to start with the stickies in the forum area Dom linked, then go from there.

Influence is the % of a system's population who support that faction.

It's used in a lot of aspects of the Background Sim to determine conflict, expansion, retreat etc. Your best bet is to start with the stickies in the forum area Dom linked, then go from there.
See that's why I asked, I thought Inf applied to me as Rep does- thanks for the clarification that it's part of powerplay to give more influence to a given faction.

See that's why I asked, I thought Inf applied to me as Rep does- thanks for the clarification that it's part of powerplay to give more influence to a given faction.
Just want to correct you... it doesn't explicitly relate to powerplay.

That powers can get have benefits/difficulties based on what faction is in power is a minor secondary effect, and was not introduced (obviouslt) until Powerplay was introduced.

Influence and it's bgs effects have existed since the game was created, and predates Powerplay. Arguably, most players involved in deliberate manipulation of the BGS do so without any consideration of Powerplay.

Hi Dom

A few questions.

At least ~1⅓, at most... 3 or 4, maybe...

By any chance should that be 1 2/3, or 5/3? You were talking of the ratio between a 3+ and a 5+ mission.

The display is:
numPlusses = rawValue / fuzzFactor

And then that value is clamped between 1 and 5.

So essentially the rep actually received is directly proportional to the monetary value of the mission?

And is fuzzFactor fixed or does it vary according to faction state or some other reason?

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
Hi there,

Hi Dom

A few questions.

By any chance should that be 1 2/3, or 5/3? You were talking of the ratio between a 3+ and a 5+ mission.

If the 3+ is right at the cusp of ticking over and being a 4+, then it's only a little over 1¼ before it would be a 5+ reward.
If it were only just a 3+ then it would be 1⅔ until 5+.
So 1⅓ is somewhere in the middle.

So essentially the rep actually received is directly proportional to the monetary value of the mission?

And is fuzzFactor fixed or does it vary according to faction state or some other reason?

The boosted rep reward is roughly proportional to the number of credits removed from the pure credits reward. Which will tend to increase as credit rewards increase.

The fuzzification factor is fixed.

Thanks,
Dom

Hi there,

If the 3+ is right at the cusp of ticking over and being a 4+, then it's only a little over 1¼ before it would be a 5+ reward.
If it were only just a 3+ then it would be 1⅔ until 5+.
So 1⅓ is somewhere in the middle.

The boosted rep reward is roughly proportional to the number of credits removed from the pure credits reward. Which will tend to increase as credit rewards increase.

The fuzzification factor is fixed.

Thanks,
Dom
Thanks!

Rep missions scale like this:

The more you need, the less you get.

Frontier calls this “Engaging Gameplay”.

The rest of the Multiverse calls this: “Tedious”.

Hi experienced bubble commanders o7

I'm currently grinding the FEDS for my Corvette Build and have a question on Rep Multipliers

Currently i'm doing burning stations with multiple passenger missions providing at best Rep lvl 3 (+++)
To break the boredom once I hit 100% rank I go do a Navy Mission and rank up. My rank up station offers missions for Rep lvl 5 (+++++)

How does this scale?

How many lvl 3 missions = a lvl 5 mission for example?

Many thanks in Advance

Nutter o7
how do I find the burning stations

Little off topic but why is the Salute backwards o7 is using the left hand to salute unless that is the back of ur head.
Wouldn't <o be more appropriate?

Top Bottom