A second DLC is coming ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How weird, previous free additions were all part of a mandatory update and so far, all optional DLC content is being installed on every player's disc regardless, just locked behind a paywall. Also, it is already confirmed that the actual update won't contain anything noteworthy apart from to the reskinned ride (and the signs are on the wall that the game is not even in active development anymore but that obviously won't be acknowledged).

So why the change? For telemetry purposes and measure how much of the community is still engaged with your product and could actually be arsed to try new stuff? Is it only temporary free and are there plans to monetize it later on? Or did they change the structure of the game so that DLC no longer gets automatically added to every core install of the game? I do hope it's the latter because I can imagine the newly licensed assets like voice recordings and music being a tad larger in filesize than the previous updates and only a very small percentage of the playerbase seem to be willing to cough up the increased entrance fee. So it would be wasted bandwith and storage for the majority of us.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
How weird, previous free additions were all part of a mandatory update and so far, all optional DLC content is being installed on every player's disc regardless, just locked behind a paywall. Also, it is already confirmed that the actual update won't contain anything noteworthy apart from to the reskinned ride (and the signs are on the wall that the game is not even in active development anymore but that obviously won't be acknowledged).

So why the change? For telemetry purposes and measure how much of the community is still engaged with your product and could actually be arsed to try new stuff? Is it only temporary free and are there plans to monetize it later on? Or did they change the structure of the game so that DLC no longer gets automatically added to every core install of the game? I do hope it's the latter because I can imagine the newly licensed assets like voice recordings and music being a tad larger in filesize than the previous updates and only a very small percentage of the playerbase seem to be willing to cough up the increased entrance fee. So it would be wasted bandwith and storage for the majority of us.
I'm sure it is not as bad as you may think.

The Quick Draw is a free addition to the game and it will stay free for everyone. It's also not for telemetry purposes; the game collects and sends telemetry (such as used rides, amount of hired security guards and a lot of other numbers) to Frontier when you're online, just like other games do nowadays, you don't need a specific DLC for that to be enabled.

As Bo confirmed earlier in this thread, the Quick Draw ride needs to be downloaded separately from the rest of the free update. This implies that it requires an action from the player. I can think of several reasons why Frontier would need or want to require an action from the player, one of them being that the Quick Draw is a shooting ride (with guns), which might require a higher PEGI age rating for the game. If so, then a change in the PEGI age rating will need to be confirmed by the player since players have originally bought the game assuming that the PEGI age rating is PEGI 3, or E for Everyone (rating of Planet Coaster at the time of release back in November 2016).

I'm sure it is not as bad as you may think.

The Quick Draw is a free addition to the game and it will stay free for everyone. It's also not for telemetry purposes; the game collects and sends telemetry (such as used rides, amount of hired security guards and a lot of other numbers) to Frontier when you're online, just like other games do nowadays, you don't need a specific DLC for that to be enabled.

As Bo confirmed earlier in this thread, the Quick Draw ride needs to be downloaded separately from the rest of the free update. This implies that it requires an action from the player. I can think of several reasons why Frontier would need or want to require an action from the player, one of them being that the Quick Draw is a shooting ride (with guns), which might require a higher PEGI age rating for the game. If so, then a change in the PEGI age rating will need to be confirmed by the player since players have originally bought the game assuming that the PEGI age rating is PEGI 3, or E for Everyone (rating of Planet Coaster at the time of release back in November 2016).

Strangely this makes sense. I could see that as a reason why :unsure:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier

Not at all, it's an exception to how we usually do it as the Quick Draw is a shooting ride which has received a slightly different age rating to the Planet Coaster base game!

I wish they would have done a tracked version, such as a car like the cat cars but a vanilla generic car. For rides like Sally Ghost Blasters.

If I had to guess, the second DLC will be another story-based DLC, this time themed to the Street Fighter video game series. The story involves the Street Fighter characters getting a park themed to them, and the player has to make sure the park becomes a huge success. This will feature Street Fighter characters acting as entertainers, remixes of tunes from Street Fighter II, and two rides, the Street Fighter, a variant of the SLV without the drive tire launch and direction change, and the Shoryuken, an S&S drop tower that uses the customizable height system.

Last edited:
The second DLC was the Quick Draw ride.
Then I guess the Street Fighter DLC will come in a later date. By the way, this DLC will also have Street Fighter II arcade machines, a Ryu Headband for Hat's Fantastic, a Street Fighter balloon for Loony Blooons, and a fighting ring for the Street Fighter characters (which also acts as a special flat ride).

Then I guess the Street Fighter DLC will come in a later date. By the way, this DLC will also have Street Fighter II arcade machines, a Ryu Headband for Hat's Fantastic, a Street Fighter balloon for Loony Blooons, and a fighting ring for the Street Fighter characters (which also acts as a special flat ride).

Do you make this up on the spot or do you have some background info. :unsure:

Why would something like Street Fighter make it's appearance in Planco?

Simply because Frontier hasn't made a DLC pack themed to another video game, and partnering with Capcom would be neat.
P.S. The Street Fighter coaster will have a blueprint named "Hadouken".

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Do you make this up on the spot or do you have some background info. :unsure:

He's making this up, as in making it sound like his ideas are going to be facts, while they are merely only ideas at this point.

He started it with "If I had to guess..."

That being said, the wording that Kenepo4u uses do make it sound confusing, because people might think that's he's stating facts, when it really is only ideas.

It would be nice for other forum users if you make it clearer that these are your ideas, not facts, @Kenepo4u .

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Speaking of DLC, this thread is specifically about the "Second DLC" that appeared on Steam next to the Ghostbusters pack.

The question that this thread is about has now been answered; this second DLC is the Quick Draw ride.

As such, I'll go ahead and close this thread so that other topics can be discussed in other more appropriate threads without going off-topic in this one.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom