The Search for Gan Romero

Good morning again from The Navy Dark II:

Holloway and I feel that our Crab survey is complete. We have DSS'd every landable body in the nebula and immediate approach, checked the Pulsar system itself 3 times, visited nearly every body out here. Kept close track of all radar and FSS returns, scanned and ID'd the very few D-backs we encountered around the asteroid station. We did some basic visual surveying when encountering interesting features, typically big ray craters or especially severe canyons, but of course that's always limited to the daylight half of the objects. We checked every body with biological returns - every single time they were bark mounds. To be fair we did not visit every bio return on every body, that would have been overly tedious and likely of little value, at least so I imagine. I will be happy to be corrected on that point if other commanders know better.

After careful consideration, we've decided to plot a course south (!) out of here, as we head back towards the bubble on a long, looping path which will focus our search on the Bubble Nebula and the Veil Nebula region, two other places I can imagine looking "radiant" from close-by. We will stop at Heart and Soul on the way through to sell data and maintain equipment. The course south at the start will allow us to cross Kepler's Crest and the Formidine Rift for a while to gain some codex entries instead of just pounding through the Elysian Shore the whole time.

This will obviously take some time. I'll continue posting updates as interesting things happen, and as we achieve our waypoints on the journey around and home. Once home I intend to outfit the Krait with an FSD interdictor, as I realized that if I actually found Gan and he was in supercruise I'd be screwed. Also gonna fit a hull repair limpet controller. After that, if Gan's situation remains the same and our search remains active, we will probably head towards Eta Carinae.

Off to the black again. We're gonna miss Station X, which has been a pleasant and welcoming temporary home for the last week.

Cmdr Q Hung

Good morning again from The Navy Dark II:

Holloway and I feel that our Crab survey is complete. We have DSS'd every landable body in the nebula and immediate approach, checked the Pulsar system itself 3 times, visited nearly every body out here. Kept close track of all radar and FSS returns, scanned and ID'd the very few D-backs we encountered around the asteroid station. We did some basic visual surveying when encountering interesting features, typically big ray craters or especially severe canyons, but of course that's always limited to the daylight half of the objects. We checked every body with biological returns - every single time they were bark mounds. To be fair we did not visit every bio return on every body, that would have been overly tedious and likely of little value, at least so I imagine. I will be happy to be corrected on that point if other commanders know better.

After careful consideration, we've decided to plot a course south (!) out of here, as we head back towards the bubble on a long, looping path which will focus our search on the Bubble Nebula and the Veil Nebula region, two other places I can imagine looking "radiant" from close-by. We will stop at Heart and Soul on the way through to sell data and maintain equipment. The course south at the start will allow us to cross Kepler's Crest and the Formidine Rift for a while to gain some codex entries instead of just pounding through the Elysian Shore the whole time.

This will obviously take some time. I'll continue posting updates as interesting things happen, and as we achieve our waypoints on the journey around and home. Once home I intend to outfit the Krait with an FSD interdictor, as I realized that if I actually found Gan and he was in supercruise I'd be screwed. Also gonna fit a hull repair limpet controller. After that, if Gan's situation remains the same and our search remains active, we will probably head towards Eta Carinae.

Off to the black again. We're gonna miss Station X, which has been a pleasant and welcoming temporary home for the last week.

Cmdr Q Hung
You could always follow him,see where he's going.Maybe he found Raxxlaaaaa.Or maybe you will.:eek:(y)

It's worth noting; the author of those two articles actually contacted me at one point. They pretty much wrote those articles just as "interesting narrative" and were unaware of myself or any other CMDRs UA bombing Jacques at that time.

Shame those Jacques local news articles are now in the ether, save for the screenshots myself and others took.

Honestly, I rekon it's there... wouldn't surprise me if it was such a broad search area.

I went ahead and pulled those as they are not relevant, before my time in game so wasn't aware they were not considered official. I'll continue to update with info that I can find that is accurate and helps with following the story.

Given the news of the high jump range DBX, I'm still inclined to believe he is headed to Jacques. It's a cool story, but doubtful we'll be able to interact with it in any way, think its just going to be a cool story to follow that maybe opens up to something else.

I have one tenuous whisp of a hint of a fillament of a straw:- a potential sighting in the vicinity of Diaguarandi. Probably nothing,but 100mill buys you a lot of that at today's prices.
Gotta say,used to enjoy poking through mission boards for the mispers in the old Frontier.Never did find any, too busy making my fortune,but there was something appealing about the bloodhound genre to my mind, and this interaction right here kinda puts some skin on the bones of the idea.

Good morning from The Navy Dark II, update for... well, the days are all starting to blend into one.

We're taking off from the surface of some red little moon down in the Formidine part of Tradgue sector, pushing forward towards the Heart and Soul. This is a LONG trip. Part of me can't help but feel like we've gone 11,000 lightyears in the wrong direction. This has felt more tedious than the trip from the bubble to Crab, despite being about the same distance. I get the impression that Holloway's pretty bored the past few days, but that 15.5 million credits (her cut of the exploration data) seems to be keeping her around. Not that there's anywhere to go out here.

We're about halfway to Heart and Soul, having crossed a bit of Kepler's Crest and now about 1000Ly west into the Rift, roughly following along the border with the Shore. Another couple thousand Ly in the Rift, then we'll cut back north to our waypoint to rest, maintain the hull, and cash in our exploration / newly discovered systems data.

We tried to hang at 350Ly below the galactic plane as we did on the way in, but very quickly as we traveled south out of Crab the stars dispersed enough to force us up to -150Ly, which is where we're cruising now through the Rift. Approaching -60 or -50 or so one begins to come across more previously-visited systems, but sinking much below -200 really hampers forward progress is a mid-high 30s jump range craft. It's funny how jump range goes a long way towards determining ideal Y-axis positioning on long range black journeys.

So, more to come as things happen. For now we're just hammering through the Formidine Rift on our way to what is essentially a truck stop. I have to admit that the Rift holds a fascination for me, beyond Salome and related things, and I feel like we haven't heard the last of it. Part of me is drawn to simply turning south and heading off further into the unknown. For now, though, we have a mission.

Is anyone near Sag A*? The idea about star 2, the blue giant there, strikes Holloway and me as a very good one, worth checking out. Until we arrive at the next search sector we're just cruising, theorizing, philosophizing, and watching for more Galnet news to break - which given the suspended investigation seems unlikely unless one of us drives it forward.

Safe flying everyone.

Cmdr Q Hung

I am just wondering if anyone is checking the GCRV collection of stars. Most are normal but others are far away and are a mini nebula. These require a very long jump range and a lot are seemingly impossible to get to. Take the Owl Nebula for example. With the addition of Guardian tech, we have only just managed to explore this system.

Greetings, Commander. I too am searching for Romero and just found your thread. I had taken a path towards the galactic centre when I suddenly thought of the bubble nebula (about 10 minutes ago now) however if you are heading there then there's no point in duplicating effort. Thought I would instead check brighter nebula on the way to the centre and resume my original idea, but it seems to me that the galactic core is too dense, so have you/will you scan the bubble nebula?

Last edited:
I will re-iterate. A lot of large nebulae are nice to look at and very well explored but with the arrival of Guardian tech our ships can jump that little bit further. Two of my GCRV ( so far ) seem to have paths's ( jumpable ) able to get to them. Today I spent equipping and engineering a ship to be able to passively jump 70 ly. Blimy, it was a chore. They are singular stars. Or stars that exploded. With visible vibrance that now can be seen in the in game map.

Indeed, Commander, I considered changing course when i read your post but I had already plotted a route to take in various nebulae and at 62.87ly the jump range of my asp may let me down out there. I will continue towards the centre. Good luck!

I am just wondering if anyone is checking the GCRV collection of stars. Most are normal but others are far away and are a mini nebula. These require a very long jump range and a lot are seemingly impossible to get to. Take the Owl Nebula for example. With the addition of Guardian tech, we have only just managed to explore this system.
I will re-iterate. A lot of large nebulae are nice to look at and very well explored but with the arrival of Guardian tech our ships can jump that little bit further. Two of my GCRV ( so far ) seem to have paths's ( jumpable ) able to get to them. Today I spent equipping and engineering a ship to be able to passively jump 70 ly. Blimy, it was a chore. They are singular stars. Or stars that exploded. With visible vibrance that now can be seen in the in game map.
I fully support your thoughts and will search out some of these systems to see if I can incorporate some of them in my current rounds. This seems like a good choice both because of the radiance and because of thenecessary jump range to reach.

Q

Greetings, Commander. I too am searching for Romero and just found your thread. I had taken a path towards the galactic centre when I suddenly thought of the bubble nebula (about 10 minutes ago now) however if you are heading there then there's no point in duplicating effort. Thought I would instead check brighter nebula on the way to the centre and resume my original idea, but it seems to me that the galactic core is too dense, so have you/will you scan the bubble nebula?
Yes, I am headed to the Bubble Nebula currently, it will take me a few more days to get there. Certainly let's not duplicate efforts - my next trip was possibly the galactic center so I will happily leave that one to you if you'd like to look there.

Keep in touch.

Q

Yes, I am headed to the Bubble Nebula currently, it will take me a few more days to get there. Certainly let's not duplicate efforts - my next trip was possibly the galactic center so I will happily leave that one to you if you'd like to look there.

Keep in touch.

Q

The more the merrier when it comes to the centre I think. There are an awful lot of systems there, so I think it's an unlikely destination for him. I have high hopes for the bubble though! But I'll let you know if I discover anything

Check half way down the page, someone may have already found the DBX crash site :/

Deleted member 38366

D

Check half way down the page, someone may have already found the DBX crash site :/

All it shows may be a generic DBX Crash site (RNG POI), they're fairly rare but do tend to spawn when driving around with an SRV for a longer time.
If it was "it", one would expect at least some Logs indicating its unique nature.

Top Bottom