Xbox E3

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Not sure if this will get moved, but given the speculation by some that a new console may be unveiled in just a few hours, I think this thread is on-topic for the Xbox community on this board.

Anyway, what are we all expecting from tonight's conference? Will you be watching? I will, and I'm looking forward to it too. Organising a party on Discord for live chat with my friends.

As ever, I'll wait for the endearingly and understandably cynical 'reactions' after the event/s. E3 tends to emphasise the very worst of gamer culture, i.e. triple-A's and crowds of people gullible for hype.

Will Todd Howard be making any presentations this year? Hope so. The 'fake news' quota on his public ponderings seems to be increasing these days... Who knows, maybe Bethesda will claw back some dignity/respect. A 'We found a way to stop breaking your mods' announcement would be nice, for starters.

And yes, this is wildly off-topic for an Elite board.

Deleted member 110222

D
As ever, I'll wait for the endearingly and understandably cynical 'reactions' after the event/s. E3 tends to emphasise the very worst of gamer culture, i.e. triple-A's and crowds of people gullible for hype.

Will Todd Howard be making any presentations this year? Hope so. The 'fake news' quota on his public ponderings seems to be increasing these days... Who knows, maybe Bethesda will claw back some dignity/respect. A 'We found a way to stop breaking your mods' announcement would be nice, for starters.

And yes, this is wildly off-topic for an Elite board.
I mean is it? Any hardware unveils may well dictate if you can play ED into the future... Might not, but, well might do...

I mean is it? Any hardware unveils may well dictate if you can play ED into the future... Might not, but, well might do...
Mods do what a mod's gotta do--- [refrains from commenting on the weirdly inconsistent policies of this site relative to what the narcotics and slave trading Elite Dangerous depicts/features] ---but I'd guess for an E3 thread to be on-topic in this board, it'd maybe need to be about FDev's Elite presentations and wotnot, as opposed to being about the console itself. I've no idea if FDev are planning anything at all, btw, so I'm just using that as an example.

As for FDev and Elite's future on Xbox; it'd be nice if there could a migration of continuity across sequels and platforms, i.e. for the next proper Elite (on 'next' gen consoles) to not just hit the reset button, but largely retain what ED built. Even if they hopefully don't retain the ridiculously pointless Fed and Emp aux navy rankings, they could allow for certain unlocks or major perks for players with those high Corvette-unlocking tiers. Retaining a fleet might be a bit much, but I'd like that as well, provided the same ships are featured.

Elite isn't like other games, and so it'd be nice to see a very unorthodox sense of continuity being supported for players moving into the next iteration of the game.

Deleted member 110222

D
Mods do what a mod's gotta do--- [refrains from commenting on the weirdly inconsistent policies of this site relative to what the narcotics and slave trading Elite Dangerous depicts/features] ---but I'd guess for an E3 thread to be on-topic in this board, it'd maybe need to be about FDev's Elite presentations and wotnot, as opposed to being about the console itself. I've no idea if FDev are planning anything at all, btw, so I'm just using that as an example.

As for FDev and Elite's future on Xbox; it'd be nice if there could a migration of continuity across sequels and platforms, i.e. for the next proper Elite (on 'next' gen consoles) to not just hit the reset button, but largely retain what ED built. Even if they hopefully don't retain the ridiculously pointless Fed and Emp aux navy rankings, they could allow for certain unlocks or major perks for players with those high Corvette-unlocking tiers. Retaining a fleet might be a bit much, but I'd like that as well, provided the same ships are featured.

Elite isn't like other games, and so it'd be nice to see a very unorthodox sense of continuity being supported for players moving into the next iteration of the game.
"Elite isn't like other games."

Actually, it is. There is nothing special about Elite. It's an online MMO. There's no special precedent for ED.

Well no console so far, but GamePass PC for 4 GBP a month, including Epic exclusives, with a new app to browse the XBox games. Holy moly, could it be.. Microsoft could become the good guys? Oh and said GamePass is already live on Win10 on the store.

Well no console so far, but GamePass PC for 4 GBP a month, including Epic exclusives, with a new app to browse the XBox games. Holy moly, could it be.. Microsoft could become the good guys? Oh and said GamePass is already live on Win10 on the store.
Gamepass for PC? Nice one...I'll have a shuftee...hang on, I've already got Gamepass on Xbox..

Last edited:
Actually, it is. There is nothing special about Elite. It's an online MMO. There's no special precedent for ED.
Um, sure. Okay. Could you link me to all the other first-person sim-esque spaceflight game with a persistent SP and MP universe with iterative design and an evolving 'narrative' that's based on a model of our entire galaxy? Because I'd like to put my HOTAS to a little more use...

Deleted member 110222

D
Um, sure. Okay. Could you link me to all the other first-person sim-esque spaceflight game with a persistent SP and MP universe with iterative design and an evolving 'narrative' that's based on a model of our entire galaxy? Because I'd like to put my HOTAS to a little more use...
Straws, meet clutch.

Cyberpunk, Flight Simulator, two games to look forward to.

I don't know if I'm gonna get me the next Xbox, then again it's still a year and a half untill it comes out.
I'm definitely not gonna buy me a new console again for ED, did that twice but never again, unless a miracle happens at Fdev and they suddenly get ED's act together but I don't see that happening to be honest.

That Flight Simulator trailer looked stunning. Although after "Microsoft Flight" (Not FSX, but this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight ), which had mediocre physics, I remain very skeptical about what the details of the physics in this new one will be.

I haven't bought anything Xbox related (games or hardware) since the 360 days, so I was more interested in whatever the next actual console will be like.

;)
That Flight Simulator trailer looked stunning. Although after "Microsoft Flight" (Not FSX, but this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight ), which had mediocre physics, I remain very skeptical about what the details of the physics in this new one will be.

I haven't bought anything Xbox related (games or hardware) since the 360 days, so I was more interested in whatever the next actual console will be like.

The Xbox still doesn't have decent peripheral support, namely a mid/high ranged HOTAS ...so I suspect the simulator physics may be highly configurable to allow for it...saying that, the Xbox has proper mouse/KB support nowadays so maybe not as simplistic as we master race wallahs imagine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom