Xbox E3

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Oh my..... Well now that complicates things! Is it for current XBox, or just that new one coming next year?

I don't know the release date of this new Flight Simulator but I don't think they're gonna leave the current One S and One X behind, they'd lose way to many customers.

I used to play Fs2004 a lot on my pc, a whole lot, and made quite to number of paintjobs too.
I'll definitely buy this one when it comes out.

metro exo on PC game pass now
$1.00 first month ultimate edition includes xbox and PC

then xbox game pass for PC will be included free for Xbox pass/Gold 15 per month

and a new Elite controller Wow REALLY Nice

I'm excited about X cloud, would be nice to stream any of my xbox games to my phone/tablet while away from home. And Flight sim on xbox!

What the... seriously, I had to read this twice to believe it. Buried under all the game reveals, news and announcements.. Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to Xbox and PC.. in the west.. thanks to Microsoft. I officially bow to our Redmond overlords!

It seems that the next console will be four times more powerful than Xbox One X, and it will display 120 frames per second. The console will benefit from the latest advances in ray tracing and reduced load times thanks to a new kind of SSD.

So does one need the XBox Gold (or whatever they call your version of PS+) to play MS Flight Sim on XBox? This is the first exclusive that truly has me considering joining the XBox camp, unless Sony counters with their own Flight Sim.. Oh, and no EBL on XB1X, right?

Damn you Microsoft, DAMN YOU!

So does one need the XBox Gold (or whatever they call your version of PS+) to play MS Flight Sim on XBox? This is the first exclusive that truly has me considering joining the XBox camp, unless Sony counters with their own Flight Sim.. Oh, and no EBL on XB1X, right?

Damn you Microsoft, DAMN YOU!

You need Gold for all online gameplay.
It's not that expensive though, I always buy a year subscription from a second party site for 45€.
Plus you get four free games every month with Games with Gold.

It's a lot cheaper to buy from external sites or at a sale, I recently bought Xbox Gamepass three months for 1€ during a sale.

If I were you I'd wait untill both new consoles are released and then decide which one to buy.
They're both gonna be powerfull machines so imho you can't go wrong with either one of them, it's the games and services that will matter most I think.

You need Gold for all online gameplay.
It's not that expensive though, I always buy a year subscription from a second party site for 45€.
IF I were to get an XBox, it would likely coexist with my PS4(5). I'm mostly interested in single-player games, so as long as Flight Simulator allows me to play in "Solo" mode, I would not need online gameplay for XBox.

My other option is to talk my dad into grabbing FS on an XB1X (which I suspect will be way cheaper than Scorpion). He used to be a die-hard FS pilot back in the day, but he got tired of dealing with PC issues. If he could have a simple "plug-n-play" experience, perhaps even a FS console bundle (game, XB1X, HOTAS), I bet I could get him back into it. Then I'll just visit more often and play on his rig :D

IF I were to get an XBox, it would likely coexist with my PS4(5). I'm mostly interested in single-player games, so as long as Flight Simulator allows me to play in "Solo" mode, I would not need online gameplay for XBox.

My other option is to talk my dad into grabbing FS on an XB1X (which I suspect will be way cheaper than Scorpion). He used to be a die-hard FS pilot back in the day, but he got tired of dealing with PC issues. If he could have a simple "plug-n-play" experience, perhaps even a FS console bundle (game, XB1X, HOTAS), I bet I could get him back into it. Then I'll just visit more often and play on his rig :D
I've been informed in another thread that MFS is still only on PC but as part of the PC game pass release... which covers both Xbox and PC games, they showed the vid to broaden the release of it on PC...I'd wait and see at least to discover if it definitely is coming out for Xbox or whether Microsoft are trying to slightly muddy the waters over this gamepass thing.

I've been informed in another thread that MFS is still only on PC but as part of the PC game pass release... which covers both Xbox and PC games, they showed the vid to broaden the release of it on PC...I'd wait and see at least to discover if it definitely is coming out for Xbox or whether Microsoft are trying to slightly muddy the waters over this gamepass thing.
At the end of the trailer it clearly says "XBox One and PC". Not "XBox game pass" or anything of sort.
Doesn't matter, though. I'd only play it on PC anyway.

But I just have to say, the way it looks, I may actually start considering the push towards AI cloud computing to be a good thing for gaming.
Unless, of course, they're going to screw up the server side like they did with Sim City for example.

Hm, never expected to see a proper flight sim on XB1. Whether it will be one of those is debatable.

As for the 'nXtbox'? I don't like this focus on multi-device functionality, because as a gamer I personally only give a toss about a big TV screen and the best possible audio (almost always via headphones). I've no desire to game on other devices.

MS have made some interesting pro-consumer choices of late, partly due to simple lack of alternatives (especially as Sony seemed to be doing their best to annoy people as a company for a while). Far too early to know what to really think, especially from the company who endeavoured to 'lose' the console market clash before they'd shipped a single unit with their suicidal Mattrick-era launch.

Oh, nice to see them updating the Elite controller - that was a good surprise, as with MS Flight Simulator. Not entirely sure it's worth getting an additional, pricier version when mine's still working fine, but I'll likely upgrade (er, sidegrade?) if/when it does fail.
Straws, meet clutch.
Oh jeese...

You didn't cite anything that compares to Elite (on console, for obvious reasons), nor did you cite any 'online MMO' (which is also entirely SP) which has done what I pondered, re a high degree of persistent progress in a 'sequel' - across PC and consoles. Tick those boxes, and you can resort to one-liner snark.

Deleted member 110222

D
Hm, never expected to see a proper flight sim on XB1. Whether it will be one of those is debatable.

As for the 'nXtbox'? I don't like this focus on multi-device functionality, because as a gamer I personally only give a toss about a big TV screen and the best possible audio (almost always via headphones). I've no desire to game on other devices.

MS have made some interesting pro-consumer choices of late, partly due to simple lack of alternatives (especially as Sony seemed to be doing their best to annoy people as a company for a while). Far too early to know what to really think, especially from the company who endeavoured to 'lose' the console market clash before they'd shipped a single unit with their suicidal Mattrick-era launch.

Oh, nice to see them updating the Elite controller - that was a good surprise, as with MS Flight Simulator. Not entirely sure it's worth getting an additional, pricier version when mine's still working fine, but I'll likely upgrade (er, sidegrade?) if/when it does fail.
Oh jeese...

You didn't cite anything that compares to Elite (on console, for obvious reasons), nor did you cite any 'online MMO' (which is also entirely SP) which has done what I pondered, re a high degree of persistent progress in a 'sequel' - across PC and consoles. Tick those boxes, and you can resort to one-liner snark.
Interstellar Rift comes to mind.

Interstellar Rift comes to mind.
Never heard of it. So it models our entire galaxy, is MP and MP, and has a shared universe across console and PC? As far as I can tell, it does none of those things (perhaps apart from being entirely playable SP), and certainly isn't on Xbox. So my original remark still stands; there is nothing else quite like Elite.

Deleted member 110222

D
Never heard of it. So it models our entire galaxy, is MP and MP, and has a shared universe across console and PC? As far as I can tell, it does none of those things (perhaps apart from being entirely playable SP), and certainly isn't on Xbox. So my original remark still stands; there is nothing else quite like Elite.
You keep telling yourself that.

Like I say, clutching at straws. Technically, all games are different.

Top Bottom