Frame Rate Drops - PS4

I'm experiencing severe frame rate drops, particularly in challenge mode, but generally once I pass the second star mark on any island or once my parks fill up with assets and AI. It usually returns to normal once I delete all my buildings and sell all my dinosaurs and/or there are no guests walking around. It's really hindering my ability to enjoy playing the game and deters me from finishing challenges. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I recorded a video using PS4 Share of the issues mentioned available here:
Source: https://youtu.be/9XJeNrfZ1Is

I'm experiencing severe frame rate drops, particularly in challenge mode, but generally once I pass the second star mark on any island or once my parks fill up with assets and AI. It usually returns to normal once I delete all my buildings and sell all my dinosaurs and/or there are no guests walking around. It's really hindering my ability to enjoy playing the game and deters me from finishing challenges. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I recorded a video using PS4 Share of the issues mentioned available here:
Source: https://youtu.be/9XJeNrfZ1Is

Maybe try restarting your console? This usually helps with framerate issues for me when playing on the PS4.

It comes down to something as simple as this:

Underpowered processor + lots of stuff happening = slowdown.

You see it a lot on lower powered PC's and Xbox (the original one) too. Not much anyone can do about it .

Maybe try restarting your console? This usually helps with framerate issues for me when playing on the PS4.
I can't keep restarting my console. And I shouldn't have to. The minute I get into a park the fans start whirling up and it overheats, lags and crashes.

Does this happen with any other games?
Never. And I have at least 20 other games. LBP 3 crashed a few times but that game is just buggy as hell. I've never had frame rate issues on PS4 until this game. My console just crashed a few moments ago on a built up island in capture mode with no dinosaurs or guests in my park. That's how slow it is.

I can't keep restarting my console. And I shouldn't have to. The minute I get into a park the fans start whirling up and it overheats, lags and crashes.

I think the problem is on your end. I have the game on a regular PS4 and I honestly can't recall if I've ever had any crashes. Framerate drops do show up once I've filled an entire park with assets during long play sessions, which is why restarting the console helps with framerate issues for me.

Top Bottom