E3 - 2019

Read it how you want. I hoped for more then "just ok"
That is why i am happy that there are other devs, willing to go that step further.
{shrug} not sure where you're going with this. It'll either arrive in the stated timespan or it won't. When it does it'll either be worth buying or it won't.

Either way the sun will still shine.

Read it how you want. I hoped for more then "just ok"
That is why i am happy that there are other devs, willing to go that step further.
I am happy that the next big expansion is sheduled for late 2020, that'll give me plenty of time to play Cyberpunk. Unless it gets delayed of course...

They already said nothing's coming till 2020. What else do you need updating with? Though I'd enjoy seeing Will do a one hour of livestream with nothing but - "Yeah, it's still not 2020. Still waiting for then to announce something. <checks watch> Yep, still nothing.".

Check any Monday stream, that’s what you get already.

{shrug} not sure where you're going with this. It'll either arrive in the stated timespan or it won't. When it does it'll either be worth buying or it won't.

Either way the sun will still shine.
I thought it was readable.
Yes the game will proberly get an update sometime in the furture.

That should be a good non-answer.

As I said before, nobody complains about classic single player games that don't get updates every 3-6 months. FD are just not really great at managing expectations. Obviously players are guilty of that too, but it takes two to tango.

Maybe because they were released as finished product, not as a sometime in the future project.

Not sure what you're asking here. You're wanting details about software that largely doesn't exist yet. In other words you want Frontier to effectively make promises they may not be able to keep. I'd rather they didn't.

They must have designed what they hope to achieve surely by now, or are they just winging it?

Frontier handle game development and community engagement the way they do because US, WE the community have literally bitten the hand that feeds us.

Frontier tried to engage with the community over Elite Dangerous and found all that we did was overload them everything but the response they wanted. I am just as guilty in this as all of you. We don't sit here and act like excited children on Christmas Day morning, no, we act like spoiled entitled brats. All we do is complain about something, and if we can't find something to complain about, we make something up. The moment Frontier do release info, all we do is throw it back in their faces shouting "THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" So really, how do you expect Frontier to react?

They have found that the Planet Coaster, and Jurassic World communities are not as toxic as the Elite community is, so if you are wondering why Frontier don't tell us anything, it's our fault, not theirs. Sadly I can't see the Elite community ever changing for the better.

Oddly, I thought we fed them. The game wouldn’t happen without us busting a gut to get the KickStarter over the line. Or was that false information?

And a lot of those "promises" were wants by the community that the backers took to be solid promises simply because Frontier said "We'll see".
This ties back to what I was saying about how the community reacted to Frontier.

Oddly, I thought we fed them. The game wouldn’t happen without us busting a gut to get the KickStarter over the line. Or was that false information?

We react to Frontier and Frontier react to us. One feeds the other. It's a symbiotic relationship.It can be a vicious circle.

Design and realisation are two different things though. I'd rather wait until it's realised before they make any announcements.

Fair enough, but in the run up to the initial release Frontier managed to keep the community engaged with titbits for about two years without trailing anything that didn’t happen. They managed it then .....

I found it remarkably easy to support FD via the Kickstarter. It's the only Kickstarter I've ever supported, and it must have taken less than five minutes to sign up and pledge. I then didn't think about it again until the beta (which I played very little, really).

So yes, there is definitely false information in your statement. ;)

We react to Frontier and Frontier react to us. One feeds the other. It's a symbiotic relationship.It can be a vicious circle.

Rather more complicated than that as the community does not act or speak as a single entity. For some the relationship is parasitic, where Frontier has taken, but not given in return.

Frontier have been clear in the past that features they want to do like legs and co, atmospheric landings and other things would take time.

It's better that they take the time with new content instead of rushing stuff out then spending a year or so to flesh it all out like they had to do with horizons.

Well imho Fdev have never rushed anything, we're over four years in and most features are still half developed.
And I'm not even talking about the bugs that have been there for ages.

Rather more complicated than that as the community does not act or speak as a single entity. For some the relationship is parasitic, where Frontier has taken, but not given in return.
Just because some people don't like everything Frontier does, it doesn't become nothing.

Top Bottom