Will my laptop be able to handle the game?

Not being overly technically minded, could someone who is tell me if the graphics card in my laptop will be able to handle the game (I already know I need to buy more RAM)? It is a NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Not being overly technically minded, could someone who is tell me if the graphics card in my laptop will be able to handle the game (I already know I need to buy more RAM)? It is a NVIDIA GeForce MX150
The GeForce MX150 supports DirectX 12, so I think you'll be fine with that graphics card.
The CPU and RAM will also be important, so I recommend that you check those as well.

You can find the minimum requirements on the Steam Store page of Planet Zoo here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/703080/Planet_Zoo/

You can go here and find out on the pc you would be using the game on. All you have to do is type the game in that you want to run, download the file, open it and it will assess your pc and then tell you if your pc has the minimum or recommended for the game.

GPU Minimum: nVidia GeForce GTX 760 / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB)
CPU Minimum: Intel i5-4460 / AMD FX-8320

GPU Recommended: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX 580 (4GB)
CPU Recommended: Intel i7-6770K / AMD Ryzen 7 1700

My GPU is: nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (still cannot wait to get myself a 1080 TI graphics card though (maybe for christmas) ;)

My CPU is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
The GeForce MX150 supports DirectX 12, so I think you'll be fine with that graphics card.
The CPU and RAM will also be important, so I recommend that you check those as well.

You can find the minimum requirements on the Steam Store page of Planet Zoo here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/703080/Planet_Zoo/
That says it runs on Windows 7. that can't be the case if it uses DirectX 12 as last time I check windows 7 doesn't support Direct X 12.

Since realised that the Card is an Intel one that Canyourunit says is too small but that it is the coprocessor which is Nvidia as above. Will it still work, I don't really understand the difference

That says it runs on Windows 7. that can't be the case if it uses DirectX 12 as last time I check windows 7 doesn't support Direct X 12.

Read again. He says the card supports dx12 which would imply it runs fine as it is above minimum requirements.

Top Bottom